OT: Montreal Alouettes Thread Part 2

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Playing the Red Blacks tonight in the season finale.

Not really sure how CFL playoffs work per say, but it appears that if we win tonight and the Tiger Cats lose, we are in the playoffs. Since I don't know how tie breakers work, so I'll just assume that's our only chance unless someone tells me otherwise.
We're in regardless if we win or lose. Home field advantage is at stake.

Reactions: Eco

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
We're in regardless if we win or lose. Home field advantage is at stake.

I thought only the first and second place teams were in, so that is good to know.

What the time breaker between us and Tiger-Cats? Head to head? PF? PA?

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
With this being my first year watching CFL, Stanback is the man.

I wasn't sure how effective the running game would work with only 3 downs, but he just seems to move piles and get that extra 3-4 yards

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
TD Alouettes!

Now that was a drive and a great finish. I'm not sure how Jake stays on his feet there.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
That is probably the game there.

Wineke scores another TD before half, and now it's 18-3.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
This was Habs level pathetic.

There are about 4 guys on defense that need to find a new job. You have to keep your head in games like this.

Reactions: HabsCowboysOwn

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
What a dumb move to go with butterfingers Antwi instead of Stanback for the entire second half, I understand you don't want him to get injured but it was embarrassing to watch. Better players have been cut for less, I don't want to see that bum on the team next year. If you can't protect the ball as a RB you ain't worth shit, it's the most important aspect of your job.

Also, if you're that concerned about potential injuries, why is your starting QB still playing at 18-3? Are you not worried he might get injured also? Doesn't make any sense. That loss is on Khari Jones, plain and simple. Now they enter the playoffs on the road after a complete choke joke instead of what should have been a comfortable win and a chance at a home game next week. The defense wasn't any better, they failed to stop the worst team in the league when it mattered and will get carved up by Hamilton. In other words, things are looking as good as you could expect for a Montreal team.

Last edited:
Reactions: peate

Jul 6, 2016
Bad weekend for the Montreal's football teams, Alouettes and Carabins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad