Proposal: Montréal - NYI

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
too many MTL-NYI talks,
Pacio is not working out for montreal at the moment, He lives close to NY and would be a great fit to Tavares
Petry comes with him
we take Beauviller + Brock and Leddy
I wouldn't trade Leddy if I was the Islanders. I'd wait first until the arena situation was resolved and work on re-signing Tavares. If Tavares leaves and I need to re-evaluate the team direction, then I consider moving Leddy. But moving Leddy in a deal by himself. Not included with the others. And not straight up for Patches. No idea what he's going to command in 2 years salary wise.

jackrabbitjohansen

Jun 6, 2017
I wouldn't trade Leddy if I was the Islanders. I'd wait first until the arena situation was resolved and work on re-signing Tavares. If Tavares leaves and I need to re-evaluate the team direction, then I consider moving Leddy. But moving Leddy in a deal by himself. Not included with the others. And not straight up for Patches. No idea what he's going to command in 2 years salary wise.
but adding Patch would be a great add for Tavares.

jackrabbitjohansen

Jun 6, 2017
Yes but I wouldn't trade my no. 1 puck moving D for it. Draft picks/other prospects sure if Montreal decides they in the rebuild process.

I give you Jeff Petry ! great puck moving D, just not working for us at the moment

Patch
Petry
for
Leddy
Beau.
Nelson

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
Leddy isn't going anywhere. Habs fans can give up that dream right now.

Maybe start thinking about the other team's needs before proposing any deals.

Reactions: PROMputt

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
So your saying the Pens could of taken other players vs Crosby or Malkin as the #1 and #2 in those draft years? They were not only the "right" picks, they were the OBVIOUS picks. No scouting needed when it comes to these types of talent.

- I guess the Leafs could of taken PLD instead of Mathews and the Oilers could of taken Dylan Strome instead of McDavid eh?

- Price vs Kopitar in 2005 eh. Were was Kopitar ranked heading into the draft? You know, we could of taken Gilbert Brule who was the highest rated center after Crosby heading into that draft year.

- Forsberg vs Galchenyuk in 2012 eh. Well Galchenyuk was projected to be the highest rated center in this draft year while Forsberg was rated as a C/W and many teams passed him by for some reason. If only we would of known that Galchenyuk would be a winger and fringe center while Forsberg would be a LW/RW. Heck, we could of taken Grigorenko who was also a very low ranked center ;)

- Any other top 5 picks you want to talk about that we had in the last few decades? ;)

So I repeat, Expecting any GM to turn the 2012 Habs who were a bubble playoff team at best into a deep playoff cup contender after 5 seasons through free agency and trades is possible but not probable. But wait, our GM name is Bergevin and it's the city of Montreal... we should have higher expectations and reality is a non-factor
Crosby and Malkin are not the only reason for Pittsburgh being a contender every season and Champion 3 times in the last 10 seasons between 2009 and 2015 the team failed in the playoffs except for 2013 losing four straight to Boston reaching the conference final . they couldn`t get past the 2nd rd the other seasons.. Why are the champions now ? Some later picks developing and becoming players but mostly because of trades by Rutherford starting in 2014

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
How come a 23 years old with already a 30 goals season isn't even worth Nelson OR De Haan? I know Galchenyuk has defensive flaws but we can't deny his offensive skills.
Because he has not shown he can play a defensively responsible, 2 way game that the isles would demand(just like Montreal's coaches demand).

Defensively lazy scoring wingers don't have a ton of trade value.See what Eberle returned?

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Tavares will never resign if Isles trade Leddy.

This will not happen

Bergevin looks at something and its probably a bargain bet a la Hickey

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
So your saying the Pens could of taken other players vs Crosby or Malkin as the #1 and #2 in those draft years? They were not only the "right" picks, they were the OBVIOUS picks. No scouting needed when it comes to these types of talent.

- I guess the Leafs could of taken PLD instead of Mathews and the Oilers could of taken Dylan Strome instead of McDavid eh?

- Price vs Kopitar in 2005 eh. Were was Kopitar ranked heading into the draft? You know, we could of taken Gilbert Brule who was the highest rated center after Crosby heading into that draft year.

- Forsberg vs Galchenyuk in 2012 eh. Well Galchenyuk was projected to be the highest rated center in this draft year while Forsberg was rated as a C/W and many teams passed him by for some reason. If only we would of known that Galchenyuk would be a winger and fringe center while Forsberg would be a LW/RW. Heck, we could of taken Grigorenko who was also a very low ranked center ;)

- Any other top 5 picks you want to talk about that we had in the last few decades? ;)

So I repeat, Expecting any GM to turn the 2012 Habs who were a bubble playoff team at best into a deep playoff cup contender after 5 seasons through free agency and trades is possible but not probable. But wait, our GM name is Bergevin and it's the city of Montreal... we should have higher expectations and reality is a non-factor
How many teams with a top 3-5 goalie in the league has won the cup since 2005 Carolina , Anaheim , Detroit, Pittsburgh , Chicago , Los Angeles ,Chicago, Los Angeles , Chicago , Pittsburgh , Pittsburgh , Which one has a top 3 goalie none except for maybe Quick in LA .. An elite goalie isn`t needed to win a cup Kopitar was picked in the top 15 in 2005 he was a know player for every team . As was Forsberg The scouts need to do their job and pick the player that will be best in the future not just the player whos best on draft day

Last edited:

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I give you Jeff Petry ! great puck moving D, just not working for us at the moment

Patch
Petry
for
Leddy
Beau.
Nelson

1. We don't want to give up Leddy
2. We don't want to acquire Petry

We're not your AHL affiliate where you can point to any Islander and go "I want him and I want him now!" We're a rival franchise not the least bit interested in tearing down our team to assist the Montreal Canadiens.

Reactions: Viqsi

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Tavares will never resign if Isles trade Leddy.

This will not happen

Bergevin looks at something and its probably a bargain bet a la Hickey
It took the isles a couple of years of heavily beating the bushes to land 26 yr old Leddy, who plays quality, top pairing mins.
Imo the isles won't trade Leddy.Fantasy idea on Habs fans part to think their struggling wingers land Leddy.
Boychuk's got a NTC that turns into a partial NTC at the end of next season.
The only way they move De Haan is if they cannot/will not extend him and they fall out of this season's playoff race.
I agree that if Bergevin is scouting NYI D, it is Hickey.

Reactions: Viqsi

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
1. We don't want to give up Leddy
2. We don't want to acquire Petry

We're not your AHL affiliate where you can point to any Islander and go "I want him and I want him now!" We're a rival franchise not the least bit interested in tearing down our team to assist the Montreal Canadiens.
But, but the habs are trying to win and need a #1 center and #1 D.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Crosby and Malkin are not the only reason for Pittsburgh being a contender every season and Champion 3 times in the last 10 seasons between 2009 and 2015 the team failed in the playoffs except for 2013 losing four straight to Boston reaching the conference final . they couldn`t get past the 2nd rd the other seasons.. Why are the champions now ? Some later picks developing and becoming players but mostly because of trades by Rutherford starting in 2014

Crosby and Malkin are franchise players that are game changers. We have none of these types. Price is one of the best goaltenders in the world but the difference between him and the 10th ranked goaltender is not that much. The difference between Crosby and Malkin vs Galchenyuk is substantial.

Bergevin started with what back in 2012? Price, Subban, Patch, 3rd overall pick. The prospect pool was very bad and we were handcuffed at our ability to improve. Expecting a cup contender after 5 years when we drafted 3rd (Galchenyuk) and 9th (Sergachev) and then later round picks is not reasonable when you consider we had to make improvements through free agency and trades.

Crosby (1), Malkin (2), Fleury (1), Letang (62), Staal (2), Plus roster tweaking through trades and free agency
>>>>
Price (5), Subban (43), Patch (22), Galchenyuk (3), Plus roster tweaking through trades and free agency

This is the logic you are trying to argue against and it's ridiculous.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Crosby and Malkin are franchise players that are game changers. We have none of these types. Price is one of the best goaltenders in the world but the difference between him and the 10th ranked goaltender is not that much. The difference between Crosby and Malkin vs Galchenyuk is substantial.

Bergevin started with what back in 2012? Price, Subban, Patch, 3rd overall pick. The prospect pool was very bad and we were handcuffed at our ability to improve. Expecting a cup contender after 5 years when we drafted 3rd (Galchenyuk) and 9th (Sergachev) and then later round picks is not reasonable when you consider we had to make improvements through free agency and trades.

Crosby (1), Malkin (2), Fleury (1), Letang (62), Staal (2), Plus roster tweaking through trades and free agency
>>>>
Price (5), Subban (43), Patch (22), Galchenyuk (3), Plus roster tweaking through trades and free agency

This is the logic you are trying to argue against and it's ridiculous.
Defend the team if you want it has been built wrong ? Great Montreal has Price who plays 60 games They have no centers they have Weber and 5 other average defenceman 1 winger in Pacioretty when he feels like trying. Drouin who no one knows what he is . and mister invisible Galchenyuk this is a bottom five team ..

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Defend the team if you want it has been built wrong ? Great Montreal has Price who plays 60 games They have no centers they have Weber and 5 other average defenceman 1 winger in Pacioretty when he feels like trying. Drouin who no one knows what he is . and mister invisible Galchenyuk this is a bottom five team ..

You are changing the debate... Refocus and go back to where this began. I said expecting the Habs GM (Bergevin or whoever else we could of hired back in 2012) to go from a bubble playoff team to a legit stanley cup Contender after 5 years through free agency and trades is not reasonable.

You tried to say we could of made several moves to turn our team into a cup contender over the last 5 years. You brought up the Pens as an example.

Come on man. You lost

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
O
You are changing the debate... Refocus and go back to where this began. I said expecting the Habs GM (Bergevin or whoever else we could of hired back in 2012) to go from a bubble playoff team to a legit stanley cup Contender after 5 years through free agency and trades is not reasonable.

You tried to say we could of made several moves to turn our team into a cup contender over the last 5 years. You brought up the Pens as an example.

Come on man. You lost

I can't use Pittsburgh because of Crosby and Malkin play there ? Your the one that is lost and have no understanding of team sports obviously . Pittsburgh with Crosby and Malkin don't win the cup the last 2 seasons without those trades being made starting in 2014

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
O

I can't use Pittsburgh because of Crosby and Malkin play there ? Your the one that is lost and have no understanding of team sports obviously . Pittsburgh with Crosby and Malkin don't win the cup the last 2 seasons without those trades being made starting in 2014

You are missing the point and too concentrated in a pissing contest now. It's much easier to add to Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Letang, than it is to adding to Price, Subban, Patch, Galchenyuk. If you can't see this, I can't help you

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
You are missing the point and too concentrated in a pissing contest now. It's much easier to add to Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Letang, than it is to adding to Price, Subban, Patch, Galchenyuk. If you can't see this, I can't help you
I'm not interested in any pissing contest . Your an excuse maker for the team and if the management team have excuse makers on it they will never win

Last edited:

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017

Hopefully your done debating this because I am . Its going no where we're never going to agree

Last edited:

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Did Habaholicgolfer used to be HabsGorgeous? If so this makes sense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad