OT: Montréal Impact Thread : Un changement de Garde

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Man I can't wait until rumors start coming out, I have a feeling some moves have already been made and are about to be announced in the next couple of weeks.
Same. Really have a different overall feeling from years past. I just hope talent infusion is relatively young though...

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
tenor.gif

Yeah we can't wait to hear about players like Unain Kohnu

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

That would be a pretty cool friendly, although the Impact would have to play Bayern II for it to be slightly close... I certainly could tease my German classmates. Apparently it's near impossible to get Bayern tickets. One of them is a member of the club, so he has better odds, but he still never saw a game live in his 20 odd years life. Imagine not being able to see a Habs/IMFC game because of demand, pretty crazy. I realize the demand here drives Habs ticket prices up, (although that's arguable this season), but at least if you have the money, you can buy tickets. In Munich, good luck!

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Well bruh, the draft hasn't produce good results either. That's the point. Why bash and defend the other? Because some guys from the draft found spots somewhere else?

You pimp a guy like Depuy who showed absolutely nothing yet bash AJH who, at the very least, showed he could be a valuable super sub for botj club and country. It makes no sense.

The problem is that IMFC has trouble developping and incorporating young players into the first team. The "source" (draft vs Academy) isn't the problem here. I expect Garde, a provem developper, to fix the issue.
Because for the very little amount of signed players from drafts vs large amount of signed players from the academy I already see a big difference. For every Bill Hamid there are 8 Lefevres. And it's not only for Montreal but for every team in this league in 2017. Larin, Zimmerman, Rowe, Dwyer, Hairston, Danladi, Gressel, Harrison, Blake, Roldan, Sjoberg, Parker, Bono are all upcoming stars and guess where they come from?(and that's just a third) vs Fagundez, Morris, Zardes who come from academies, see the difference? If you don't let me just tell you that they're all one-season wonders thus far and are not very strong mentally. I'm not saying that players from the draft are absolute gems but the day Academies will produce as many quality players I'll have more faith in them. The only success from Academies all throughout the league is Bill Hamid, Yedlin, Will Trapp and Acosta. Adams and Ballou potentially. Personally, I think academies are just there to show off that we're developping our own players too. Little do you know that the NCAA program is by far more competitive than whatever local leagues Academies play in. They spend a lot of money on it.

As for Depuy, I am not his promoter but I think looking at Fisher for example in which he had troubles in his first year, played a few games in USL to then vastly improved in his second, I'm just using the same algorithm. I am not bashing AJH, I'm saying he could be a one-season wonder, just like how I said I don't think Drogba wouldn't replicate his 2015 success in 2016 or how Mancosu can't be a number one forward because of a few good games games in 2016. I doubt Garde will like his style too. He has no tactical IQ. Let's wait and find out.

Last edited:

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Google translate isn't the easiest thing in the world to comprehend, but it seems via Argentine reports that the Nehuen Paz transfer is all but done. I think he took some "vacation time" to finalize the transfer.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Google translate isn't the easiest thing in the world to comprehend, but it seems via Argentine reports that the Nehuen Paz transfer is all but done. I think he took some "vacation time" to finalize the transfer.

He's following Bernardello on twitter :sarcasm:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Now that the coaching staff is pretty much all in place, I'm expecting we'll start seeing some more roster movement. I'm getting a good vibe from all this, there seems to be a real willingness to change the culture of the team (not at the front office level obviously but still) . I can't help but be cautiously optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad