OT: Montréal Impact Thread : Un changement de Garde

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
You would need the full tweet link on PC, it's probably the same on your phone but harder to do

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
I dont like Klejstan at all. Too expensive for a player who's a choker and who's always invisible in big games.

I can't be against Oyongo staying longer, but it would be better for team cohesion to replace him now rather than in the middle of the season.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Ok we might not get Klejstan but Grella is apparently on the move to an Eastern team. I hope we get him if he can play RW, this guy got mad skills and can do anything with the ball. For real

If oyongo does comeback I'd wanna see him at RB. We got enough LBs and I'm sure Raitala is reliable.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
From LaPresse : ''... Chez l'Impact, cette décision touche directement Maxime Crépeau, numéro deux à ce poste l'an dernier. Lors d'une récente rencontre, Rémi Garde lui a d'ores et déjà signalé qu'il n'aurait aucun temps de jeu la saison prochaine. '' That's cold:laugh::laugh:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
From LaPresse : ''... Chez l'Impact, cette décision touche directement Maxime Crépeau, numéro deux à ce poste l'an dernier. Lors d'une récente rencontre, Rémi Garde lui a d'ores et déjà signalé qu'il n'aurait aucun temps de jeu la saison prochaine. '' That's cold:laugh::laugh:
Damn, no wonder he asked for a trade.

Isn't Garde supposed to help develop our young players?

Maybe he doesn't really believe in Crépeau.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Maybe he doesn't really believe in Crépeau.
Yeah that's lone reason. If he did see something in him, I am certain he would let him showcase himself. Don't forget that most players reported to Nutrilait, long after being eliminated (It's in their contracts, they aren't forced to but they should be able to train at the team's facilities until the finals, if they want to) he probably saw something there. He knows more about Crepeau than you think he does.

With that being said, another failed Academy product.Wasted so many years. Let's take the upcoming draft seriously.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Clement Grenier >>>> Sacha Klejstan
Man you sure love your Grenier. Not sure I agree tho. The very few things Grenier has better over Kljestan is shooting, age and free kicks. One is injury free, the other one is injury prone. Kljestan is a domestic, more physical, has a better vision, better playmaker, can operate in tight spaces, hates TFC. Can Grenier record 17 assists a season? Highly Highly doubt. I'd take Nguyen over Grenier too.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Yeah that's lone reason. If he did see something in him, I am certain he would let him showcase himself. Don't forget that most players reported to Nutrilait, long after being eliminated (It's in their contracts, they aren't forced to but they should be able to train at the team's facilities until the finals, if they want to) he probably saw something there. He knows more about Crepeau than you think he does.

With that being said, another failed Academy product.Wasted so many years. Let's take the upcoming draft seriously.

The only draftees who were a real success here are Fischer and Mallace. And success is being generous.

Stop bashing the Academy to push your pro-draft agenda when neither produced sustained results so far...

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
The only draftees who were a real success here are Fischer and Mallace. And success is being generous.

Stop bashing the Academy to push your pro-draft agenda when neither produced sustained results so far...
Yeah but at least they stick around in this league; Wenger, Miller, Porter(minus the injuries), Romario pretty soon, Salazar. I'm sure Shome and Depuy will show more promise than LBG down the line. Duvall came out of a draft too.

Like I keep saying academy players with the exception of Ballou are just not good enough to even stay in MLS (Jackson, we shall see what he does next season) ; Lefevre, Crepeau, Tissot, Ouimette, LBG, JGL, Messoudi and the rest of FC Montreal. Quite cringey matter of fact, we'll see for Choiniere and Pantemis too but for now let's go use the draft route please.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Yeah but at least they stick around in this league; Wenger, Miller, Porter(minus the injuries), Romario pretty soon, Salazar. I'm sure Shome and Depuy will show more promise than LBG down the line. Duvall came out of a draft too.

Like I keep saying academy players with the exception of Ballou are just not good enough to even stay in MLS (Jackson, we shall see what he does next season) ; Lefevre, Crepeau, Tissot, Ouimette, LBG, JGL, Messoudi and the rest of FC Montreal. Quite cringey matter of fact, we'll see for Choiniere and Pantemis too but for now let's go use the draft route please.

The draft route is fine. However, it isn't a "one or the other" situations. Both routes need to be effective if we want the club to be successful.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
The draft route is fine. However, it isn't a "one or the other" situations. Both routes need to be effective if we want the club to be successful.
I never said otherwise? All I'm saying is Crepeau's another failed homegrown product and in the upcoming draft we have 2 1st round picks (top 10). Let's not waste the opportunity to redeem ourselves with young players.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Man I can't wait until rumors start coming out, I have a feeling some moves have already been made and are about to be announced in the next couple of weeks.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I still am bashing the Academy and will continue to do so until proven otherwise.

Well bruh, the draft hasn't produce good results either. That's the point. Why bash and defend the other? Because some guys from the draft found spots somewhere else?

You pimp a guy like Depuy who showed absolutely nothing yet bash AJH who, at the very least, showed he could be a valuable super sub for botj club and country. It makes no sense.

The problem is that IMFC has trouble developping and incorporating young players into the first team. The "source" (draft vs Academy) isn't the problem here. I expect Garde, a provem developper, to fix the issue.

Reactions: TRG

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Man I can't wait until rumors start coming out, I have a feeling some moves have already been made and are about to be announced in the next couple of weeks.
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad