Monthly News Thread (May 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Vince McMahon is worth almost 2-billion dollars with the share price at its current level. Closed at $57.86.

Kinda wish I wasn't so pessimistic on the company post-network.

Also, FOX will include WWE Smackdown talent in other Fox programming to promote Smackdown, including NFL pre-games. Replays of Smackdown will probably be shown Saturdays on FS1.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Vince McMahon is worth almost 2-billion dollars with the share price at its current level. Closed at $57.86.

Kinda wish I wasn't so pessimistic on the company post-network.

Also, FOX will include WWE Smackdown talent in other Fox programming to promote Smackdown, including NFL pre-games. Replays of Smackdown will probably be shown Saturdays on FS1.
Honestly, this is a great opportunity for WWE to get some major exposure for the company and their talent. Can't wait to see Braun Strowman on the Simpsons :sarcasm:

Reactions: ColePens

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
WWE has informed their international broadcasters that all PPV events, starting with Money In The Bank will begin at 7pm, with preshows starting at 6, meaning every PPV will be at least 4 hours long, with major events lasting longer

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
WWE hasn’t informed their international broadcasters that all PPV events, starting with Money In The Bank will begin at 7pm, with preshows starting at 6, meaning every PPV will be at least 4 hours long, with major events lasting longer
Oh god

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
That's just too long for WWE shows. They don't know how to do them.

- CM Punk and Colt Cabana and Dr. Amann are discussing a potential settlement.

- Rusev will return to being a "ruthless" character, ending "Rusev Day."

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
live look in at fox's new schedule planning meeting
1526933265419.png

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It was mentioned a while ago, but the reason WWE is moving regular PPVs to 4 hours and bigger shows even longer is to show shareholders that viewing time for the network per subscriber is increasing.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If they start it at money in the bank, I think they’re going to do AJ/Nakamura iron man match.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
A Road Dogg booked show somehow is worth a billion dollars to somebody.

Vince confirmed for a master of the dark arts.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Meltzer also says Smackdown's success is most vital for the company's long-term finances and Smackdown will have to become the A-show and they'll have to shift top stars there more than they normally would.

The big DAWG moving into the house AJ Styles built, that is now being turned into a mansion

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It has to remain live for the price Fox paid. You aren’t paying that money for a pre-recorded show that will have spoilers online days in advance.

Honestly all the talk of them needing to make SD the A-show should make everyone less excited for it.

What does Vince think is the top priority? Roman Reigns and his never ending quest to not get over. All the good talent currently on Smackdown would need to shift to RAW to keep getting top billing, or they would simply be pushed off TV for Roman and Vince’s stupid booking.

It would actually be worse then RAW is now because without the extra hour someone has to lose time, and it won’t be the Big Dawg.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
It has to remain live for the price Fox paid. You aren’t paying that money for a pre-recorded show that will have spoilers online days in advance.

Honestly all the talk of them needing to make SD the A-show should make everyone less excited for it.

What does Vince think is the top priority? Roman Reigns and his never ending quest to not get over. All the good talent currently on Smackdown would need to shift to RAW to keep getting top billing, or they would simply be pushed off TV for Roman and Vince’s stupid booking.

It would actually be worse then RAW is now because without the extra hour someone has to lose time, and it won’t be the Big Dawg.

You're not wrong but this is still over a year away. We could always hope and dream the Roman experiment is over by then*!

*......it won't be

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Half of the stuff Melzter says never comes true, hopefully this is one of them. I'm pretty sure WWE feeds him misinformation to keep fans on their toes.

I'm pretty sure that Vince goes back and forth so much that a significant amount of information you get will never come to fruition no matter how reliable your sources may be.

Vince is known for this. If he wakes up tomorrow convinced that Rusev is the next big thing, he will make it happen.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Half of the stuff Melzter says never comes true, hopefully this is one of them. I'm pretty sure WWE feeds him misinformation to keep fans on their toes.
I don’t think he’s the one who said it.

People confuse what Meltzer hears with what Meltzer thinks may happen. They are not one in the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad