Monthly News Thread (May 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Nick Jackson was told by a fan on a twitter saying they were waiting to see him in the WWE. Nick Jackson interestingly answered by saying that they (Nick and Matt) only have 6 months left on their contracts and they are happy with what they are doing, but never say never.

- According to PWI, WWE still plans to have most PPV’s run between 3 and 3.5 hours, however by starting them earlier, it gives them the option to go to 4-4.5 hours if needed

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
PWI says Cass is back on crutches and getting checked out for possible further ACL surgery

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- WON reports with MLW getting a TV deal now, WWE is targeting MLW talent on written contracts, whether it's trying to sign them or trying to just get them in for a tryout.

Pretty much similar to the ROH thing where ROH had to fight back for WWE tampering and WWE had to be very careful about signing ROH talent for a little bit.

Still a very, very predatory move considering MLW can't challenge WWE in terms of anything -- especially what they can pay talent. With the influx of new money from TV deals, WWE can throw big downsides at established indy guys to make the jump and not really have to worry all just to hurt other smaller promotions.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Also worth noting that WWN/EVOLVE have pulled their guys from MLW shows now that they've got TV. Riddle being the main guy.

At least that makes sense as they are both promotions that are on more or less the same level.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The story I believe is that they tried that once and Hogan ratted them out to Vince.
Yeah that's right. Jesse Ventura was one of the first guys pushing for a union. He was talking about it in the dressing room with only the wrestlers present, and the next day McMahon called and tore into him. McMahon later said during a sworn deposition with Ventura's lawyers that Hogan was the one who tipped him off. Hogan denies this.

Bret Hart has said if Hogan had been pro-union there would have been one, because he was the key to everything back then.

Last edited:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
chicago's smarks spent their money on ALL IN instead of nxt.

i dont care about the card, everytime i've ever doubted a take over. it delivers well.
hopefuly they do move the tickets.

Reactions: Prairie Oyster

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
According to The Wrestling Observer, an announcement that Progress and ICW will start airing on the WWE Network will be made at one of the two UK shows at Royal Albert Hall on June 18th and 19th

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I know it was already on the way for years now, but you can almost smell the tiered payment system on its way.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I have no idea how that would even work in Canada lol

You guys have an actual channel, right? Maybe similar to how tennis channel has tennis channel and tennis channel plus. $9.99 subscription for regular. 14.99 for the plus? I'm not sure.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I legitimately want to subscribe to the WWE Network but you need to have a tv provider and that is ridiculous. Make the thing online already
I always tell my mom when I move out I’ll still be using her account so I can watch live sports (gamecentre) and WWE Network if I’m still watching in a year or two. She absolutely can’t give up cable lol. Streaming and android boxes are too complicated.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Canada really gets f***ed on the Network.

Since it's an actual channel you can order and cancel at the drop of the hat and its prorated based on days left in the month when you order etc...I wonder if its doable for us Canadians to order the day of a PPV and cancel right after.

There's gotta be something preventing that.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Canada really gets ****ed on the Network.

Since it's an actual channel you can order and cancel at the drop of the hat and its prorated based on days left in the month when you order etc...I wonder if its doable for us Canadians to order the day of a PPV and cancel right after.

There's gotta be something preventing that.
I don’t think so tbh. I can always go into MyRogers account and remove it or add it whenever I want for example.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Yeah when I've added HBO or whatever my Bell service I can add it and then remove it a day later and the billing is prorated but I suppose I don't pay much attention to the final details of my bill. I just pay what they tell me too.

Maybe I can get PPVs for like 33 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad