Monthly News Thread (June 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Graves talked to Fightful and claimed he texted Punk before his first fight and Punk responded saying he doesn’t want to be friends with anyone from the WWE.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Graves talked to Fightful and claimed he texted Punk before his first fight and Punk responded saying he doesn’t want to be friends with anyone from the WWE.

Just supports my dislike of Phil Brooks.

The guy is a jerk, and his fans turn a blind eye.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Ric Flair says that a Ronda-Charlotte match would need to happen at, or prior to WrestleMania, as Ronda only signed a 1 year deal, and she wants to have children after her deal is up.

- Hulk Hogan says "things are moving fast" in regards to a WWE return.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Just supports my dislike of Phil Brooks.

The guy is a jerk, and his fans turn a blind eye.
Tbf, after the outburst Graves had do YOU want a friend like that, or a friend who literally bought his friend’s house when he was going through an extremely difficult time and helped him turn his life around and keep a roof over his head?

Someone tweeted that they’ve known Punk for 20 years, mostly tweeted about his fight last night and Punk will come back and threw in a “and he always texts me back” comment, someone responded “after that outburst I can see why he doesn’t want to be his friend” and quite frankly, they’re right.

We’ll probably never know what truly happened. I doubt Punk even entertains a response. But I don’t believe for a second he sent that “I no longer want to be friends with anyone from there” text. Kofi and Big E have been to his house since he left and since his first fight, which is when Graves says that text was received.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Tbf, after the outburst Graves had do YOU want a friend like that, or a friend who literally bought his friend’s house when he was going through an extremely difficult time and helped him turn his life around and keep a roof over his head?

Someone tweeted that they’ve known Punk for 20 years, mostly tweeted about his fight last night and Punk will come back and threw in a “and he always texts me back” comment, someone responded “after that outburst I can see why he doesn’t want to be his friend” and quite frankly, they’re right.

I 100% respect Graves for this.

He trusted someone and got stabbed in the back simply for daring to work for a company that Phil Brooks dislikes.

I guess he has to quit WWE and go make 10 bucks on the indy circuit to get Phil's respect.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I 100% respect Graves for this.

He trusted someone and got stabbed in the back simply for daring to work for a company that Phil Brooks dislikes.

I guess he has to quit WWE and go make 10 bucks on the indy circuit to get Phil's respect.
Like I said in my edit, while we don’t know the whole story, I don’t believe for a second that text is correct. Kofi and Big E are his friend. They’ve been to his house. AJ Lee even tweeted the pics when they were there visiting.

It doesn’t make sense.

I’m not saying Punk is an angel. He’s very much a “you get treated how you treat me” type of guy based off stories, but I just don’t believe he would text something like that.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

We’ll probably never know what truly happened. I doubt Punk even entertains a response. But I don’t believe for a second he sent that “I no longer want to be friends with anyone from there” text. Kofi and Big E have been to his house since he left and since his first fight, which is when Graves says that text was received.

If the person I trusted to be one of the first to hold my firstborn, cut me out of their lives simply because of the company I worked for, and then never responded to any sort of texts or calls, I'd be pretty upset as well.

Again, there's likely a lot we don't know, so I don't know how people can just make concrete judgements about other peoples relationship

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If the person I trusted to be one of the first to hold my firstborn, cut me out of their lives simply because of the company I worked for, and then never responded to any sort of texts or calls, I'd be pretty upset as well.

Again, there's likely a lot we don't know, so I don't know how people can just make concrete judgements about other peoples relationship
People drift apart is the thing though. Maybe Graves trusted him enough to let him do that, but we don’t know how Punk thought of him and if he trusted him that much.

We’ll never know about it anyways. I think there’s next to 0% that Punk addresses it. That said, I still don’t think Graves went about it the right way.

Reactions: Chris Cutter

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
- Ric Flair says that a Ronda-Charlotte match would need to happen at, or prior to WrestleMania, as Ronda only signed a 1 year deal, and she wants to have children after her deal is up.

No way she’s gone after 1 year

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Man, both Punk and Graves are looking awful in this whole thing.

:facepalm:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
we all know how cm punk is. Graves going public with it and bringing more crap when asked why?
solve that shit personally.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Apparently the Wrestling Observer is reporting that the current plan is for whoever wins the MITB briefcase to cash it in at SummerSlam either similar to Rollins cash in, or after the match on whoever wins the initial match.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
It was already known at this point that most people who knew Punk either loved him or hated him, and that he could be a massive dick, by his own admission.

... But Graves comes off as quite the dick in his own right. Which you could kind of tell in the past with his treatment of Byron and Enzo, but at least he could play it off as a character at that point.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
we all know how cm punk is. Graves going public with it and bringing more crap when asked why?
solve that **** personally.
For all we know he's tried to solve it personally but Punk won't respond. Maybe he's trying to force his hand to contact him.

I'm not saying Graves is right or wrong, but people condemning him without all the facts is wrong IMO.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Graves is fully entitled to feel how he does and I'd probably feel the same way in that situation.

Not the right move putting it all out there though.

This is how I feel. It's not my business and I don't know CM Punk so i'll stay away from having an opinion on who he is, but it is concerning how many of his great friends in the past have said not only has CM Punk left wrestling, he left being friends of so many people for no reason. He won't return phone calls. He won't even bother to text. It's a bit concerning matched up with some of the mental illness he's come across or reported in the last 6-12 months.

Once again - I will not have any opinion on a person I don't know, but this seems consistent w/ CM Punk once he left. And if you asked me if "red flags" are surrounding him regarding mental illness... well I'd 100% say yes. I just hope he can get back on track with his real life friends as opposed to wrestling or anything else.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Lesnar "beat" Punk's record today, which im sure will be a hot topic on Raw tonight

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
This is how I feel. It's not my business and I don't know CM Punk so i'll stay away from having an opinion on who he is, but it is concerning how many of his great friends in the past have said not only has CM Punk left wrestling, he left being friends of so many people for no reason. He won't return phone calls. He won't even bother to text. It's a bit concerning matched up with some of the mental illness he's come across or reported in the last 6-12 months.

Once again - I will not have any opinion on a person I don't know, but this seems consistent w/ CM Punk once he left. And if you asked me if "red flags" are surrounding him regarding mental illness... well I'd 100% say yes. I just hope he can get back on track with his real life friends as opposed to wrestling or anything else.
I remember when the podcast came out and he was describing all these issues but blood tests came back clean I instantly thought “this is/was a depressed person” based off my own experiences with depression.

And then he admitted as such in court that he was having depression, and now has admitted to having some bad anxiety and can rarely go to things he loved to go to before (punk shows, Cubs games, Hawks games).

Reactions: ColePens

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I remember so little from Punk's long reign other than his WM feud. It really was booked like an undercard belt the whole time.

That's because he's not an impact Champion.

We need someone like The Miz to have a long run. Someone who will make the belts great again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad