Monthly News Thread (June 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- From, SI, but they say that Brock is going to drop the title no later than SummerSlam. Apparently Brock's contract is a "Pay-Per-Appearence" thing, and whenever he drops his title, is likely to end his run with the company. There's no plans for Paul Heyman past Brock's expected departure, so it's unlikely Heyman will stay around either.

- Jeff Hardy is apparently injured with a "pinched nerve injury" which is why he has hardly been seen on SmackDown over the past 5 weeks, and not at all the last 2 weeks, despite being the United States Champion. He did work with Daniel Bryan to beat Cass/Miz in a dark match after 205 Live this week though, so it is possible he'll return next week.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
The Bucks and Cody have shown that ROH/Indies/Japan can be insanely lucrative without dealing with the WWE bullcrap. It's now a very real option.

And what about for guys not named Rhodes? Or people who don't have WWE in their resume? Or not named Bucks/Omega.

I wonder how much Hangman Page makes or WALTER.

If it comes down to making 50-100K with no gurantees that you will get another booking or the promoter will pay you, or making 2 Million like Owens is then I wonder how insanely lucrative it is.

I think the indy's are a lot like WWE. The top few can make big bucks by hustling like crazy, while the vast majority barely scrape by. Not everyone will bank 3 Million like AJ does there will be more Breezes but the same goes for the indy's.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Been saying Reigns vs Jinder was going to happen the minute he was moved to RAW. It makes sense this is how WWE is going to "turn" Roman face. The Jinder feud only exsist because fans hate Jinder probably a slight more than Reigns, plus easy foreign heel heat.

Expect his next opponents to be Hitler, Stalin, and then the Devil.

After then maybe the crowd will cheer for Reigns against Lesnar LOL.

Reactions: UnrealMachine

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
And what about for guys not named Rhodes? Or people who don't have WWE in their resume? Or not named Bucks/Omega.

I wonder how much Hangman Page makes or WALTER.

If it comes down to making 50-100K with no gurantees that you will get another booking or the promoter will pay you, or making 2 Million like Owens is then I wonder how insanely lucrative it is.

I think the indy's are a lot like WWE. The top few can make big bucks by hustling like crazy, while the vast majority barely scrape by. Not everyone will bank 3 Million like AJ does there will be more Breezes but the same goes for the indy's.
But in this case we are talking about Punk, who would absolutely be at that level. It's all moot though because he just said he is done with pro wrestling and considering the money he has made he is never going to have to go back to it.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
But in this case we are talking about Punk, who would absolutely be at that level. It's all moot though because he just said he is done with pro wrestling and considering the money he has made he is never going to have to go back to it.

Punk would for sure make big bucks, bigger than anyone else.

And I would say with Punk never say never. It wouldn't shock me to see him wrestling again sometime in the next 12-18 months.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
No it shouldn't they seem to think Braun doesn't need the title, and they see it very difficult to book a dominant monster as a face, and experience as much with Nia Jax as a face champion

It should be Seth

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
If Seth drops the belt to Elias (who deserves it, btw), I can see how Rollins can have a program with Brock for Summerslam. Don't see it with him still holding the IC strap though.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If the top talents don’t back it it’ll never happen. Hogan ratted our Ventura, Austin would have never supported one, Cena would have never supported one, and I’m not so sure a Reigns or Rollins will support one unless one of Reigns’ family members were a part of the push to start a union.

Starting a union in WWE is so high risk.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
If the top talents don’t back it it’ll never happen. Hogan ratted our Ventura, Austin would have never supported one, Cena would have never supported one, and I’m not so sure a Reigns or Rollins will support one unless one of Reigns’ family members were a part of the push to start a union.

I think its worth it, especially since the wrestlers hold more power than they realize. The alternative Indie wrestling lifestyle can help too.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
- From, SI, but they say that Brock is going to drop the title no later than SummerSlam. Apparently Brock's contract is a "Pay-Per-Appearence" thing, and whenever he drops his title, is likely to end his run with the company. There's no plans for Paul Heyman past Brock's expected departure, so it's unlikely Heyman will stay around either.

- Jeff Hardy is apparently injured with a "pinched nerve injury" which is why he has hardly been seen on SmackDown over the past 5 weeks, and not at all the last 2 weeks, despite being the United States Champion. He did work with Daniel Bryan to beat Cass/Miz in a dark match after 205 Live this week though, so it is possible he'll return next week.

I'm not saying Jeff hasn't been going hurt, but he also wrestled a dark opening match against Shelton Benjamin when Smackdown was in Raleigh on the 29th.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

The one guy I could see supporting it as a top guy is DB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->