Monthly News Thread (June 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
CM Punk was asked about being in the crowd for All In. He said he’s developed severe anxiety being in crowds and aside from being able to do the odd Hawks or Cubs game, he can’t do big crowds.

He apparently skipped open workouts today because of anxiety.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
CM Punk was asked about being in the crowd for All In. He said he’s developed severe anxiety being in crowds and aside from being able to do the odd Hawks or Cubs game, he can’t do big crowds.

He apparently skipped open workouts today because of anxiety.

CM Franzen.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He's obviously not going to be in the crowd for All In.

He's gonna be backstage

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Some of these interviews really worry me. All the talk about his having anxiety makes it seem like he'll be one of those guys who just goes nuts as he gets older and then we find out after he passes that he had CTE in his brain. I hope it isn't the case, but something seems off about him.

Reactions: ColePens

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Some of these interviews really worry me. All the talk about his having anxiety makes it seem like he'll be one of those guys who just goes nuts as he gets older and then we find out after he passes that he had CTE in his brain. I hope it isn't the case, but something seems off about him.
I think the giant company who funded an attempt to destroy his life and put him through hell may have something to do with it.

On a related note Colt Cabana was at the show I was at tonight, and at his gimmick table at the bottom of his price list he had "Congratulations: Free". Colt Cabana is awesome.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don’t think he’ll go nuts as he gets older. He actually sees more mellowed out these days. It might be the anxiety doing that to him too. Anxiety can just come super randomly, though.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Jericho's got one hell of a Dad bod going on...

They actually did a really dangerous spot in that match which I didn't like. Jericho sitting on the turnbuckle (Feet on the middle ropes) and Naito jumped up for a huricanrana. Jericho caught him and let him dangle, kinda like a Styles Clash setup, except Naito wasn't hooked around Jericho's legs. Jericho then jumped to the mat and put him in the Walls.

... Could've been really ugly if he had spiked Naito into the mat. Kinda unnecessary risk for a relatively unmemorable spot. Granted, Jericho has a history of being one of the safest guys to work with.

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Graves ripped Punk on Twitter following Punk's UFC 225 loss:

Last one:

Don’t worry, hey @VinceMcMahon this has nothing to do with you.

You either @TripleH

This isn’t corporate. This is real life.

Calm down internerds.

tbh... regardless of what happened, I really don't agree with him putting all this out on social media like that for people to pick at and make a big story of it. Graves also comes across as real douchey in some of these, especially the last one, imo

Reactions: ColePens

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
It’s just weird he thought right now was the time to toss this out there. I mean it’s possible Corey tried to wish him good luck today or something and Punk snubbed him but this seems like it’s been festering.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It's such a p***y move to not even say his name. "That dude." Just stop being a little bitch and beating around the bush and say his name.

CM Punk, by all accounts, has done everything he possibly could to distance himself from that circus and the people he didn't feel the need to associate with anymore from that place. Maybe that's a shitty thing to do too, but it's understandable. But every time -- whether it's Amann and his stupid lawsuit, the WWE trying to publicly tarnish his name, or now f***ing Corey Graves subtweeting ass keeps throwing shots at him, it's so hard for him. Especially at a time now where he's admitted he's dealing with anxiety as it is.

IMO, Corey's 100% in the wrong here. A friend stopped talking to you... okay. It was 4 years ago. Move on. Why put out all these tweets right when he lost?

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I think the lawsuit changed a lot. It was basically a declaration of war and Punk did not want to associate with anyone from the company for fear there would be guys trying to double agent for the company. I think that's why he had a bit of a falling out with Cabana because Colt was still being buddy buddy with a lot of the boys.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jericho's got one hell of a Dad bod going on...

They actually did a really dangerous spot in that match which I didn't like. Jericho sitting on the turnbuckle (Feet on the middle ropes) and Naito jumped up for a huricanrana. Jericho caught him and let him dangle, kinda like a Styles Clash setup, except Naito wasn't hooked around Jericho's legs. Jericho then jumped to the mat and put him in the Walls.

... Could've been really ugly if he had spiked Naito into the mat. Kinda unnecessary risk for a relatively unmemorable spot. Granted, Jericho has a history of being one of the safest guys to work with.

Naito had his hands down I think so he was able to use that to roll into the Walls.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I think the lawsuit changed a lot. It was basically a declaration of war and Punk did not want to associate with anyone from the company for fear there would be guys trying to double agent for the company. I think that's why he had a bit of a falling out with Cabana because Colt was still being buddy buddy with a lot of the boys.

Punk was disassociated with anybody from the company from the moment he left. Pretty much everybody not named Heyman was saying he wouldn't talk to them.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Lol what are the odds Corey got drunk last night

Dude used “you like Kenny Omega” randomly as an insult to a fan who responded to him as well lmfao

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Ronda Rousey has been announced for the UFC Hall of Fame, to be inducted on July 5th.

- Dana White said "that should be a wrap" on CM Punk's UFC career, stating that at 39, he showed a lot of heart, and passion, but "he's 0 and 2 as far as I am concerned". White also said that Mark Jackson, who defeated Punk last night, would not be brought back, and was embaressed of what transpired in the fight on Jackson's side, and said Jackson clearly didn't take the fight seriously. Dana said he regrets not putting this fight on the preliminary's.

- Enzo Amore is returning to the Wrestling World, under his "Real1" name and 'gimmick'. Amore has been announced for the 8/17 House of Glory event.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Rey Mysterio may be returing to the WWE prior to SummerSlam. It was previously reported by Dave Meltzer that Mysterio could return to the WWE on a contract around September, however Dave Meltzer is no reporting that while he expects Mysterio to be at the NJPW show on July 7th, he now says that Mysterio could be returning to WWE in time for SummerSlam in August.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
My favorite thing is idiots criticizing Rousey being put into the UFC Hall of Fame. She is literally one of the most important figures in the history of the sport because she was the reason UFC began a women's division. Dana has frequently said they had no inteest in women's MMA but seeing Rousey singlehandedly changed his mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad