Monthly News Thread (June 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I've said it before and I admit I hate the brand split but if you're going to do one have it the world champion is on both shows. ESPECIALLY now it's a co branded ppv. The IC would get lots of love that way too.

Oct 18, 2011
Tbf, after the outburst Graves had do YOU want a friend like that, or a friend who literally bought his friend’s house when he was going through an extremely difficult time and helped him turn his life around and keep a roof over his head?

Someone tweeted that they’ve known Punk for 20 years, mostly tweeted about his fight last night and Punk will come back and threw in a “and he always texts me back” comment, someone responded “after that outburst I can see why he doesn’t want to be his friend” and quite frankly, they’re right.

We’ll probably never know what truly happened. I doubt Punk even entertains a response. But I don’t believe for a second he sent that “I no longer want to be friends with anyone from there” text. Kofi and Big E have been to his house since he left and since his first fight, which is when Graves says that text was received.
Corey wouldn't be tweeting these things if Punk didn't shit on him.

It's a weak move by Punk. You don't treat your friends this way. If it's to do with the lawsuit, you call him like a man and tell him you're going off the grid til it's over.

Punk stabbed Graves in the back

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
In Brock Lesnar’s now, 435 day reign, he has had 14 title defenses.

In CM Punk’s 434 day reign, he had 149 title defenses.

Pretty amazing. Punk defensed the title every 3 days on average.

Brock has defended, on average, every 31 days.

That’s mind blowing.
counting house shows is laughable

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
The most notable part of his (Lesnar's) recent run was the shockingly quick loss to Goldberg. Sure, he eventually went over Goldberg eventually to get the belt but the least interesting part of his title reign has been Lesnar himself. The opponents have had to do all the heavy lifting in promos (along with Heyman) and to make the matches more interesting and entertaining because Brock's limited move-set doesn't make for enjoyable matches. He's just not that interesting and entertaining anymore. The guy is physically impressive but his matches aren't.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
The most notable part of his (Lesnar's) recent run was the shockingly quick loss to Goldberg. Sure, he eventually went over Goldberg eventually to get the belt but the least interesting part of his title reign has been Lesnar himself. The opponents have had to do all the heavy lifting in promos (along with Heyman) and to make the matches more interesting and entertaining because Brock's limited move-set doesn't make for enjoyable matches. He's just not that interesting and entertaining anymore. The guy is physically impressive but his matches aren't.

thats WWE's big weakness right now is garbage match production.

all of their monsters can go out and put on a damn good technical wrestling match...Joe, Lesnar, Strowman, even Reigns can do it.

problem is they keep booking the matches like an 8 yr old smashing their action figures together.

They havent woken up to the fact that when everything is a spot, nothing is and when every move is a finisher there are no finishers

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
thats WWE's big weakness right now is garbage match production.

all of their monsters can go out and put on a damn good technical wrestling match...Joe, Lesnar, Strowman, even Reigns can do it.

problem is they keep booking the matches like an 8 yr old smashing their action figures together.

They havent woken up to the fact that when everything is a spot, nothing is and when every move is a finisher there are no finishers

I like that line right there. I still think a lot is over exposure too, that contributes to it. They need more of a TV rotation of moving guys in and out.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Corey wouldn't be tweeting these things if Punk didn't **** on him.

It's a weak move by Punk. You don't treat your friends this way. If it's to do with the lawsuit, you call him like a man and tell him you're going off the grid til it's over.

Punk stabbed Graves in the back

I don't see where one can definitively say that Punk stabbed Graves in the back.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Meltzer said WWE is getting left behind in terms of wrestling quality and the promo gap is even becoming a large one, compared to NJPW

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Meltzer said WWE is getting left behind in terms of wrestling quality and the promo gap is even becoming a large one, compared to NJPW

Yeah but until they get a real foothold that rivals the WWE platform in its areas, it's going to be difficult to see it affecting WWE any. I just can't see NJPW rivaling WWE in the states. The people in general will never truly accept a brand of New Japan Pro Wrestling. If they use NJPW to prop up Ring of Honor but fund it to properly be produced and televised then yeah I can see that getting over and taking off but not NJPW proper and not here no matter what the wrestling quality and promo gap becomes.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Well, duh.

WWE has been campaigning to get nominated for Emmys. You know the mixed match challenge and Raw 25? They want Emmys for those.

RAW TWENTY FIVE

Reactions: Hypernova

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

......why is Meltzer presenting this as news? Of course NJPW is considerably ahead of WWE in terms of wrestling quality. This isnt news and hasn't been for literal years.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
......why is Meltzer presenting this as news? Of course NJPW is considerably ahead of WWE in terms of wrestling quality. This isnt news and hasn't been for literal years.
He didn’t, this was part of a response as someone asked him if NJPW would be interested in Brock Lesnar.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It's probably just a random comment from the post-Raw podcast. But it's news because Dominion just happened and NJPW have really stepped up recently.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
WWE is truly more entertainment (character-driven and lots of promos) than wrestling because New Japan pushes their product as a more kayfabe wrestling promotion where the results matter. Hell, they're loyal to time-limits in matches and they do press conferences and post-match reactionary promos talking about how they felt about their performance. There's personalities in New Japan but it's still down to who is the better man in each match. At the same time, they wipe the floor with WWE in terms of telling better stories in the ring.

WWE is still a better television product and produced like a show that has wrestling matches. New Japan is a promotion that is all wrestling and all the storylines are told in the ring. The match presentation is done better in New Japan because you don't get the frantic camera work and jump cuts that the WWE does. The way they shoot a match in New Japan is just better while WWE is great doing their montage hype-video promos.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- WWE and NJPW may enter into a bidding war for The Elite (Omega, Bucks) when their contracts are up.

- It's considered "more likely" that The Undertaker wrestles at Summerslam than John Cena.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad