GDT: Mont Royal Habitants at Ottawa Senators - 7PM - TSN Cinq/RDS -Tradewinds along the St. Lawrence Edition

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
She gave me that face later. I gave the Vince McMahon face on the Stutzle goal, though.
She give you this one after you took off your drawers?
2116d-15795835279508.jpeg

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I remember one segment of the game where I sort of phased back my focus to watch the team move because something caught my eye:

They were moving back from the neutral zone in perfect harmony. All five guys where skating backwards as a unit keeping the same distance it was really neat to see.

The losing has sucked, but for guys who like to seek out the positives there have been some guys who have clearly been getting better in the D zone, w play without the puck, and dedication to regaining possession.

One such example is the captain. I have never seen him spend so much time behind our net in front of our net, and dedicating himself to battling for pucks in our zone. Seems trivial, and his still got lots to learn, but it’s been pretty awesome to see him start to take pride in the D side of the game.

I remember hearing Alfie talking about taking pride in defending as an offensive skilled forward, and then Rank recently talking about the guys learning to take pride in the little things in the game, feeling good about the less flashy basic stuff.

Dedication to the D zone and play without the puck has been a clear focus and the way the team plays away from the puck is really changing. We don’t see guys blow the zone basically at all anymore, where it was the preferred break out before. Just one example, but the tide is beginning to turn!

Probably just still high off a habs beatdown ;)

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Everyone was going last night, the compete level was much higher, looked more like some of the wins early in the season. It's a step in the right direction but wasn't much of a test of what the team has struggled with recently especially against a team that struggles to be much of a threat offensively.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I remember one segment of the game where I sort of phased back my focus to watch the team move because something caught my eye:

They were moving back from the neutral zone in perfect harmony. All five guys where skating backwards as a unit keeping the same distance it was really neat to see.

The losing has sucked, but for guys who like to seek out the positives there have been some guys who have clearly been getting better in the D zone, w play without the puck, and dedication to regaining possession.

One such example is the captain. I have never seen him spend so much time behind our net in front of our net, and dedicating himself to battling for pucks in our zone. Seems trivial, and his still got lots to learn, but it’s been pretty awesome to see him start to take pride in the D side of the game.

I remember hearing Alfie talking about taking pride in defending as an offensive skilled forward, and then Rank recently talking about the guys learning to take pride in the little things in the game, feeling good about the less flashy basic stuff.

Dedication to the D zone and play without the puck has been a clear focus and the way the team plays away from the puck is really changing. We don’t see guys blow the zone basically at all anymore, where it was the preferred break out before. Just one example, but the tide is beginning to turn!

Probably just still high off a habs beatdown ;)
Some Fs are still leaving the D zone at times as it is still part of the "strategy". However some are not doing it as much.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
They heard me, they really heard me.

I liked the fact that for most of the first we had as a team decided that since our goalies are full of holes, the only way to avoid taking goals is to avoid taking shots

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Two small things I noticed yesterday which I hadn’t noticed in the other games I’ve attended this year.

First, the anthem was 2/3 in French as opposed to usual 1/3, second the intermission band was bilingual.

Anyone notice if they’ve had this for other games? If not, seems like an intentional move from the sens knowing they’d have more francophone fans for a Habs game. Subtle move that really shows attention to details.

Reactions: DrEasy

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
lol at that phantom call on Brannstrom
We had a phantom call like that a few games ago. Crosschecking seems to be OK but not inadvertent skate tapping.
Who was in charge of choosing the chime for when they kill off a penalty. That person should be fired.
OK then. What is your preferred "noise"?

Up that trade value baby.
Wouldn't it be lovely if Tank likes it here and wants to stay for a few more years at a reasonable salary?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00