GDT: Mont Royal Habitants at Ottawa Senators - 7PM - TSN Cinq/RDS -Tradewinds along the St. Lawrence Edition

BigBlackCoffee1984

Sep 1, 2010
Chicoutimi, QC
My kid having the time of her life at the game tonight šŸ¤£ she's also absolutely obsessed with Sparty. Overall great vibes!
1000000548.png

Attachments

• 1000000548.png
    1000000548.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
Someone asked Brady postgame if he thought Timmy could win a fight against Gallagher and he said "I'm not gonna fall for that setup but I do have confidence in Timmy". :laugh:
Thatā€™s hilarious. Just shows how dumb that was. He really didnā€™t want to engage with MacEwen or Kastelic. I wonder why?

This was pretty funny to see at the arena
And chanting ā€œole ole oleā€ lmao. Thatā€™s always bugged me, itā€™s Spanish not French. Iā€™m also all for brining back the ā€œPageau Pageau Pageauā€ chants to the ole tune šŸ˜…

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Beating Montreal never gets old. Always fun reading their annoying fanbase.

Gallagher is a f***ing clown. Flops for 10 years, calls out someone for diving then dives against that team again. Such a punchable face

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Habs goalie was very leaky. I suspect we don't see Primeau again on Tues rematch.

Play our same lineup imo.

Reactions: DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Such a flex to a group that's having trouble listening. Great game tonight though, looks like they're finally buying in
So far, the comments from the coach and the players hasn't really indicated they were having trouble listening, I think alot of people are equating player's inability to show drastic changes in habits built up over multiple years with not wanting to listen. It takes time to change behaviours that have become instinctual, and the usual means to do so is through drills in practice, but especially early on we didn't have a lot of practice time with the compressed schedule.

What I do see is a team that had looked deflated, another season down the drain. These are players that need to be reminded of what the ultimate goal is and how it doesn't happen overnight. They need to see the big picture and how their efforts today contribute to where they want to be in the future. Jacques highlighted that by saying it took him 30 yrs, so while this season may be over, there's still a lot of progress that can be made through hard work now to help them achieve that long term goal.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
It seems like the team is trending in the right direction based on the last handful of games. There are some signs that the team D aspect of the game is starting to develop. Senators limited the amount of shots and their coverage, gaps and back checking seem improved.

Their bottom lines have been playing well. I think Chartier had his best game of the year. Stutzle is looking like he has mojo back & it was nice to see him get a goal & end his drought.

It will be interesting to see if they can develop some consistency and start stringing wins together. Too little too late unfortunately and that will lower the draft pick, but getting on the right track will be welcomed and is a necessary step in the process.

Last edited:

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Nice win
Time to enjoy because the next seven games are going to be toughhhhhh lol

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
It seems like the team is trending in the right direction based on the last handful of games. There are some signs that the team D aspect of the game is starting to develop. Senators limited the amount of shots and their coverage, gaps and back checking seem improved.

Their bottom lines have been playing well. I think Chartier had his best game of the year. Stutzle is looking like he has mojo back & it was nice to see him get a goal & end his drought.

It will be interesting to see if they can develop some consistency and start stringing wins together. Too little too late unfortunately and that will lower the draft pick, but getting on the right track will be welcomed and is a necessary step in the process.
How will we tell the difference between a team playing better and a team playing with no pressure to win games because the season is over?

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
So far, the comments from the coach and the players hasn't really indicated they were having trouble listening, I think alot of people are equating player's inability to show drastic changes in habits built up over multiple years with not wanting to listen. It takes time to change behaviours that have become instinctual, and the usual means to do so is through drills in practice, but especially early on we didn't have a lot of practice time with the compressed schedule.

What I do see is a team that had looked deflated, another season down the drain. These are players that need to be reminded of what the ultimate goal is and how it doesn't happen overnight. They need to see the big picture and how their efforts today contribute to where they want to be in the future. Jacques highlighted that by saying it took him 30 yrs, so while this season may be over, there's still a lot of progress that can be made through hard work now to help them achieve that long term goal.

That may be the case now, and I agree with what you said, but G initially having to tell the young guys that it doesn't matter if they don't like the system and need to buy in regardless is telling that there were some growing pains and the young superstars needed help listening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad