WWE: Monday Night Raw thread #134: Roman Reigns IS Wrestlemania

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Gonna get on that train to feeladelphia on DB24 soon.

In the meantime...

Vince: Shane, we need your help.

Shane: Cool. I'll take Taker.

Vince: Not just that. Cena is out. Among others.

Shane: Ok? What do you need me to do?

Vince: ..I need you to die. Or at least try.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I really can't believe they did three segments of HHH trying to get Roman over, including repeating the exact same segment from earlier. Only difference he is it came with a parade of jobbers. That is literally insanity. Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Also why is HHH a chicken **** heel now? He kicked the living **** out of Roman right after Fastlane. Put your jeans on and kick his ass.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I really can't believe they did three segments of HHH trying to get Roman over, including repeating the exact same segment from earlier. Only difference he is it came with a parade of jobbers. That is literally insanity. Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Also why is HHH a chicken **** heel now? He kicked the living **** out of Roman right after Fastlane. Put your jeans on and kick his ass.

I pray it was a compromise to making roman look like a million bucks in exchange for not having his garbage match go on last.

Oct 18, 2011

i would like to think they force fed us roman like this to set up a heel turn, they had to of known this wasn't going to go over well

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Finished watching and I still have no idea what the **** they were doing for the last 40 minutes of that show. A long, boring match with guys nobody cares about (except KO and Zayn), and then some stupid ass brawl that didn't even make sense. The show started off promising and then just took a complete nosedive. The Ambrose/Lesnar segment was funny. The look on Brock's face while Dean was loading up the wagon was priceless. That, Jericho/Styles, and Charlotte/Becky/Sasha are all I really care about at Mania. The Taker/Shane match is obviously going to feature Shane doing something stupid, but even that doesn't really interest me that much.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

I liked that their forced pull-apart brawl got no reaction aside from Reigns dive which was met with "you still suck" chants.

Compared to this:

So bad.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Meltzer says WWE expected Eva Marie to get a babyface pop. They thought the boos were just an "NXT thing".

:laugh: This company is legitimately clueless.

S A W F T*

Meltzer says WWE expected Eva Marie to get a babyface pop. They thought the boos were just an "NXT thing".

Lmao.

Just rewatched the ending again from last night... so bad.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.

She's a heel in NXT
And isn't she sort of a "heel" on total divas as well ? I mean...absolutely none of the women she helped wanted anything to do with her...Brie seemed embarrassed :laugh:

How in the world did WWE possibly expect her to get a babyface pop

Sammy225

Aug 9, 2011
From what little I watched of Raw it was terrible besides the Shane spot.

The overrun was 3 minutes? For the go home show for Mania? lol.

I like the Ambrose Lesnar spot. Heyman puts over Ambrose while making his client look stronger because Heyman is god lol.... Ambrose tells more of a story then any HHH Reigns story line without even saying a word. It was a good compact segment. WWE should learn from that right there.

Sammy225

Aug 9, 2011
Also Steve Blackman should have given Ambrose those nunchucks in the most boring backstage segment ever.... Which is Blackmans style lol

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I liked that their forced pull-apart brawl got no reaction aside from Reigns dive which was met with "you still suck" chants.

Compared to this:

So bad.

That worked because I believed those two legit hated each other (so storytelling)

Last night? Wow. I honestly can't believe mom and dad closed the show with the same promo from earlier. Twilight Zone ****.

Also L.O.L to anyone thinking All Red was going to get a babyface pop. She is a heel at all levels. Why the hell would she ever get a babyface pop?

Do the right thing Vince and have EVIL Emma get the pinfall victory.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I like the Ambrose Lesnar spot. Heyman puts over Ambrose while making his client look stronger because Heyman is god lol.... Ambrose tells more of a story then any HHH Reigns story line without even saying a word. It was a good compact segment. WWE should learn from that right there.

I didn't see that part. I only saw the Shane/Taker fight (missed the promo), New Day's promo, the end of the jobber divas stuff with Eva Marie coming out to X-Pac heat (lol at at everyone in ring gear but Lana) and then the last 5 minutes with the brawl of jobbers and Reigns. Pretty much every time I flipped it on and saw Reigns/HHH/Steph I immediately changed the channel.

The only things I care about going into Mania are Y2J-Styles and Lesnar-Ambrose and the ladder match should be good from a wrestling standpoint but that's it. I love New Day but don't have any interest in them vs The League of Booty.

I am someone who HATESSS HHH and I hope he gets the shovel out here and gets huge face pops. That's how awful Reigns is.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
The only things I care about going into Mania are Y2J-Styles and Lesnar-Ambrose and the ladder match should be good from a wrestling standpoint but that's it. I love New Day but don't have any interest in them vs The League of Booty.

I am someone who HATESSS HHH and I hope he gets the shovel out here and gets huge face pops. That's how awful Reigns is.

I'm with you on everything here. The matches you highlighted will be good re-watches, but I really don't feel like I need to see them live. The rest of the card I can just read live results as they go or scan the GDT here for reactions.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
From what little I watched of Raw it was terrible besides the Shane spot.
:laugh:
The overrun was 3 minutes? For the go home show for Mania? lol.

Thats how I felt, although Calisto put on a decent match. How can a non fulltime wrestler like shane, someone who rarely wrestles and someone who is in his mid forties garner the biggest applause. The company is relying a lot the the quality of his match at wrestlemania.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Also did anyone notice on Heyman hinting on political correctness? He mentioned it 3 times during his promo. Do you think PC has an effect on wrestling?

S A W F T*

They should have opened with the Ambrose/Lesnar segment and closed with the Shane/Taker segment.

Pull one of The Authority/Reigns segments and just do one at the top of the second hour.

Is it really that difficult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad