WWE: Monday Night Raw thread #134: Roman Reigns IS Wrestlemania

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Actually, with all the exposure, it's like even Vince knows the Abrose/Lesnar match is the only good one at Mania.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I do think HHH can get a good match out of Roman. The guy can be carried to a good match since he's got a good enough base but the ending feels like it will be predictable Roman nonsense.

At this point and from all the brawls, this match obviously needs a stipulation.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Last Man Standing Match?

I doubt they'll go with a gimmick match, though. You already have a ladder match, HIAC & Street Fight on the card.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
I'm not concerned about HHH/Reigns in the ring.

I'm more concerned about the reactions. Yes, Roman gets some pops, but those are in smaller towns that SmackDown is taped in. He's gonna get murdered in the big cities, and it's amazing how quickly things reverted in 3 months for Roman in Philly.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I don't think they will add a stip...but they should. It's been presented as the most "personal" of all the feuds with constant brawls that lead out of the arena, etc. Seems odd to cap that off with a simple one on one match.

Plus. Gimmick the **** out of that and you probably get Roman at his best.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't think they will add a stip...but they should. It's been presented as the most "personal" of all the feuds with constant brawls that lead out of the arena, etc. Seems odd to cap that off with a simple one on one match.

Wasn't the last time they gimmicked a Triple H main event title match at Mania when they decided to do absolutely nothing to tell that story with Orton? lol

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario

They could very well go the attitude route and make it no-DQ, no-count out and have them brawl into the crowd, but then that's likely what's happening in the Ambrose/Lesnar match.

One-on-one really might be the best course, a 'show me what you got' type of affair.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Wasn't the last time they gimmicked a Triple H main event title match at Mania when they decided to do absolutely nothing to tell that story with Orton? lol

They didn't gimmick it they just waived the "Champion's Advantage" by stating that if HHH was counted out or DQd he'd lose the title.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't know why WWE felt the need to post this on their YouTube page since it shows how much Vince is out of touch.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
There is though because DQs and count outs still exist. The only time I've seen that stip acutally in the decision is when Christian won the title off of Orton via DQ.

It's still a gimmick stipulation that is designed to tell a certain story which is the entire point of gimmick stipulations.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I can live with Reigns-HHH with either guy winning the belt but what would blow the roof off the joint is at the end of the match and after some of the post-match celebration...

...Seth Rollins is at the top of runway.

:popcorn:

Or maybe they save that for Raw and not take the shine off the title match.

Wishful thinking because he might not be ready yet but that would make Mania for me.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I can live with Reigns-HHH with either guy winning the belt but what would blow the roof off the joint is at the end of the match and after some of the post-match celebration...

...Seth Rollins is at the top of runway.

:popcorn:

Or maybe they save that for Raw and not take the shine off the title match.

Wishful thinking because he might not be ready yet but that would make Mania for me.

He absolutely isn't ready yet. Seth hopefully will figure large into the Summerslam build but he won't have anything to do with mania.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
:laugh: As much as I hate the spot Reigns is in, it's the only story that makes sense to main event. HHH vs. Reigns is smething that's been a realistic long-term build. I know we all disagree with the actual title being in that program, but the match does deserve to be last. The title and a big time feud gets the match. IMO Ambrose/Lesnar should be on right before the main event.

Taker/Shane should be in the 9:00 hour. Then put some fluff, then 10:00 goes Lesnar/Ambrose followed by HHH/Reigns. In a perfect world, it would have been the other way around... Lesnar/Ambrose for the title.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
:laugh: As much as I hate the spot Reigns is in, it's the only story that makes sense to main event. HHH vs. Reigns is smething that's been a realistic long-term build. I know we all disagree with the actual title being in that program, but the match does deserve to be last. The title and a big time feud gets the match. IMO Ambrose/Lesnar should be on right before the main event.

Taker/Shane should be in the 9:00 hour. Then put some fluff, then 10:00 goes Lesnar/Ambrose followed by HHH/Reigns. In a perfect world, it would have been the other way around... Lesnar/Ambrose for the title.

I think its debatable. You can argue that control of the company is the most important story at Mania (even if the build has been bad).

Plus the odds of closing the show with cheers is much higher with this match then Roman/HHH.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think its debatable. You can argue that control of the company is the most important story at Mania (even if the build has been bad).

Plus the odds of closing the show with cheers is much higher with this match then Roman/HHH.

If that was the match, then sure. Problem is... Shane/Taker is a **** build and nobody even really knows what it is for. Shane gets Raw.... ok. So he's the GM? He's... the owner of Raw? What does that even mean?

This storyline was thrown so randomly together that it's about as worthy as a main event of WM as LT vs. Bam Bam.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If that was the match, then sure. Problem is... Shane/Taker is a **** build and nobody even really knows what it is for. Shane gets Raw.... ok. So he's the GM? He's... the owner of Raw? What does that even mean?

This storyline was thrown so randomly together that it's about as worthy as a main event of WM as LT vs. Bam Bam.

I think the one thing that is clear is that Shane controls the company. Every promo and every piece of the build has been pretty clear on this. RAW=The Company.

I'm sure it will lead to faction wars or something in the post-mania storyline. For the story of this match though, Shane wins and the Authority is done and so is Vince (for now at least. We know this is getting reversed at some point).

The rest of the build is what sucks and makes no sense. Like why is Taker even doing this? (He has a reason now at least).

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Not sure if it should go here or the spoiler thread but Meltzer is working on why Daniel Bryan has been pulled. Sounds like there's more than we thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad