WWE: Monday Night Raw part 165: Mania sign pointing and impressed with Aries' package

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Joe.

I don't accept any other answers, Joe is the one true pick.

Shame on me but I forgot he was an option. I like that a lot. Damn Kimi you need to be a booker.

With Brock as a tweener with no real allegiance one way or the other, lining up Joe to face him would work out really well. It would just be business as usual on Brock's end.

I don't know how important WWE would consider the fans reaction to the situation, but if they want to keep Joe's identity of a monster heel then perhaps Brock can put over Goldberg after Mania after winning the Universal Championship and show him a little bit of love. In the meantime WWE has Joe eating up the babyfaces and putting down the Goldberg feud as a cocky #1 contender. That way they can draw the battle lines and get the crowd fully behind Brock because we only see so much of him so often.

Looking ahead, Brock being in the Summer Slam title match feels almost inevitable. Should that be the case then Seth Rollins is gonna have to wait a LONG time to climb that mountain again. Not to mention Owens winning the title back again.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Owens literally only won the title because Balor got hurt.

If Bork takes the title off Goldberg at Mania (highly probable) who's gonna take the title off Bork?

My guess is Roman -especially if WWE does the unthinkable and puts him over Taker

You answered your own question. It'll be Roman.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Does anyone believe that it's unthinkable? I think almost all of us are assuming Reigns defeats Taker.

Sunny above me called it the unthinkable. I guess that was more that it shouldn't happen.

I do see a bit of hypocrisy where people complain about the WWE elevating part timers like Brock and Goldberg and refuse to push the young talent, but Roman is that young talent (even if he feels more manufactured than the others.)

I feel bad for Roman Reigns at this point. He's got the makings to be a great wrestler (obviously he needs work on the mic) but he gets all of this NUCLEAR heat because of the authority.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah, Roman going over Taker isn't unthinkable at all. It's the right call. It has to happen. Doesn't matter what anyone thinks of Roman and his push, he has to go over Taker like Wyatt should have gone over Taker at WM31.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I can't imagine going out there, knowing you are a face and having to pretend like the audience isn't booing the crap out of you every time you say something that should be getting a pop.

It's almost like some cognitive dissonance watching Reigns on the TV anytime he comes out. You know what's supposed to be happening and it's just the exact opposite.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Yeah, Roman going over Taker isn't unthinkable at all. It's the right call. It has to happen. Doesn't matter what anyone thinks of Roman and his push, he has to go over Taker like Wyatt should have gone over Taker at WM31.

It made sense for taker to win that. Everyone thought now that the streak is gone that taker is just going to job to everyone at mania so naturally everyone thought wyatt was going to win.

Wyatt wasn't/isn't a guy who deserves a W against taker at mania and neither is reigns.

But then again i'm also a supporter of taker should ahve never lost at mania to begin with so meh.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Sunny above me called it the unthinkable. I guess that was more that it shouldn't happen.

I do see a bit of hypocrisy where people complain about the WWE elevating part timers like Brock and Goldberg and refuse to push the young talent, but Roman is that young talent (even if he feels more manufactured than the others.)

I feel bad for Roman Reigns at this point. He's got the makings to be a great wrestler (obviously he needs work on the mic) but he gets all of this NUCLEAR heat because of the authority.

Well Lex Luger was young talent being pushed too, and he sucked. So I mean maybe its a bit hypocritical? But if it doesn't work it doesn't work. The WWE is stubborn. There is no way at this point Reigns is going to win the majority of the crowd over. I mean its my opinion but I dont really think Roman has the makings of a great wrestler, but then again I am sure many great wrestlers have been told that.

I mean I just don't get it, imagine they pushed Seth Rollins with Roman booking instead of Roman, "super Seth" may have actually pulled it off and would have been a white hot babyface. Or even Dean. They seriously chose the WORST person to give "super Cena" attributes to.

No one wants a big muscular hulking dude to "overcome the odds" week after week. A guy like Zayn, Dean, Rollins is far more fitted for the "overcoming the odds" booking. Especially a guy who can't even speak on the mic.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I hope Reigns stays face
Proceeds to get drafted to smackdown
And we have a Cena vs Reigns match with both as faces

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I just can't enjoy a Reigns match, especially these days. It's like playing against your buddy in SD VS RAW and he keeps using the same move without you getting a chance to breathe, uses it 50 times, banks a finisher and ends you.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Well Lex Luger was young talent being pushed too, and he sucked. So I mean maybe its a bit hypocritical? But if it doesn't work it doesn't work. The WWE is stubborn. There is no way at this point Reigns is going to win the majority of the crowd over. I mean its my opinion but I dont really think Roman has the makings of a great wrestler, but then again I am sure many great wrestlers have been told that.

I mean I just don't get it, imagine they pushed Seth Rollins with Roman booking instead of Roman, "super Seth" may have actually pulled it off and would have been a white hot babyface. Or even Dean. They seriously chose the WORST person to give "super Cena" attributes to.

No one wants a big muscular hulking dude to "overcome the odds" week after week. A guy like Zayn, Dean, Rollins is far more fitted for the "overcoming the odds" booking. Especially a guy who can't even speak on the mic.

Well said. Roman is this monster, physical specimen who is clearly the biggest dude in the room until the rare exception like Strowman or Big Show comes along. The odds should never be so stacked against him as often as they are. Sometimes a big guy like Lesnar, Taker, Big Show would have to overcome the odds of getting beaten up by several people but it was a seldom occurrence. It seems on a regular night with Roman they've got to find some hurdle for the guy to jump over, which makes his immortal booking all the more unbearable.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Well said. Roman is this monster, physical specimen who is clearly the biggest dude in the room until the rare exception like Strowman or Big Show comes along. The odds should never be so stacked against him as often as they are. Sometimes a big guy like Lesnar, Taker, Big Show would have to overcome the odds of getting beaten up by several people but it was a seldom occurrence. It seems on a regular night with Roman they've got to find some hurdle for the guy to jump over, which makes his immortal booking all the more unbearable.

At this point it's like Lebron James spotting Darko Miličić 10pts in a game of one on one. But will LEBRON OVERCOME THESE ODDS?!?!?

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
At this point it's like Lebron James spotting Darko Miličić 10pts in a game of one on one. But will LEBRON OVERCOME THESE ODDS?!?!?

I lol'd, but I think it'd actually be easier to root for LeBron in that situation over Roman's push

Wrestlemania 33 will be the final nail in the coffin for Ruined Reigns

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

For all the things they book Roman wrong for, going over Taker wouldn't be one of them. Taker shouldn't be going over much of anyone anymore. He can't wrestle one time a year without multiple hip surgeries and immediate rides to the hospital.

If Roman was heel, this would be the perfect match to have him **** all over Taker and get even more eat. Claiming the WWE is "his yard" could be ultra heat. In fact, Reigns should simply retire Taker. That'd be awesome.

But Vince wants the guy as a face? I don't understand.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I know this seems weird to say but I think that when they turn strowman face (if they do) he's gonna go over huge, and I'm basing this off his personality that we see in these random clips of him and if they let him show the personality,

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I can't imagine going out there, knowing you are a face and having to pretend like the audience isn't booing the crap out of you every time you say something that should be getting a pop.

It's almost like some cognitive dissonance watching Reigns on the TV anytime he comes out. You know what's supposed to be happening and it's just the exact opposite.

I think it's clear that WWE doesn't care whether a face gets cheered or booed, they just want a reaction of any kind at the end of the day. It's a shame most people haven't figured that out and if they really hate somebody, to just stay quiet.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Reigns should win (esp if the stipulation becomes that Taker retires), but HE HAS TO TURN HEEL in the process.

I'd love to see Taker help him finish the heel turn during the match..

When was the last good heel turn during a match?

Last one I remember that was awesome was Rock v Austin.

Austin and Rock told a great story in the ring with Austin slowly becoming more and more of a heel throughout the match.

Obviously I don't expect Roman to be on that level, but I really thought it was what Triple H was going to do for him last year at Mania (really knew he wasn't going to.)

But I won't get my hopes up that WWE would tell the story that way.

Shame.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I'd love to see Taker help him finish the heel turn during the match..

When was the last good heel turn during a match?

Last one I remember that was awesome was Rock v Austin.

Austin and Rock told a great story in the ring with Austin slowly becoming more and more of a heel throughout the match.

Obviously I don't expect Roman to be on that level, but I really thought it was what Triple H was going to do for him last year at Mania (really knew he wasn't going to.)

But I won't get my hopes up that WWE would tell the story that way.

Shame.
Last one I remember is Ziggler vs Del Rio when they did a double turn.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Words cannot describe how much I would love Reigns turning heel and squashing Undertaker at Wrestlemania, retiring him. It would be insanity.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Words cannot describe how much I would love Reigns turning heel and squashing Undertaker at Wrestlemania, retiring him. It would be insanity.

I'm down for it, too. It won't happen, 1) because it's Undertaker and 2) because the main event will be a squash, but I would be down for Reigns to just brutalize Taker with numerous spears right out of the gate and beat him quickly. Taker can't go, the match will suck.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I just don't see a post WM crowd cheering Reigns no matter what the outcome is. I agree with others that a heel turn to win is the best option but I doubt it happens.

I also predict a superman punch spot where he gets caught and turned into a choke slam and then a kickout.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I just don't see a post WM crowd cheering Reigns no matter what the outcome is. I agree with others that a heel turn to win is the best option but I doubt it happens.

I also predict a superman punch spot where he gets caught and turned into a choke slam and then a kickout.
If the outcome is Reigns turning heel during 'Mania, then I think you could see him be cheered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad