Speculation: Monahan forward most likely dealt first

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
I wouldn't even give a second look to an offer that doesn't include a 1st round pick

1st round pick would be the bare minimum, and than we could talk about retention on Monahan, etc, adds to be made on one side or the other, players added, etc

But no 1st round, no trade

Agreed, it's not happening. A late 1st is the maximum we should be expecting.

I think we could have a bit more than 1st rd pick, but at the minute a 1st is on the table, we should pull the trigger. There's always a risk of injury.

Also, we'll not make the playoffs and Monahan has been responsable of some points on the rankings lately, sooner is gone, better the pick will be at the draft. It could be worth more than a 2nd pick.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We'll take a 2nd but your gonna need to attach something that makes Hughes say ok. The 57th pick OA alone doesn't cut it.
That's fine I hope someone else gives Montreal what they want for him. I would pass for that price.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Won’t brag about what we are going to get, knowing Hughes he will put Monahan’s interests above the teams return - right or wrong - but he wants the culture of a place people want to play. I’m expecting a decent return but also the best place Monahan can play to his strengths to either earn his next big contract elsewhere or come back to Montreal

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Random thought concerning Monahan: I wouldn't be surprised if he got dealt for a prospect drafted in 2022, the Habs current management's first draft... so they will have done some homework on players, and are likely well-versed on many who went 20-40 since they had several picks to make, and I've found teams often fall back on draft day scouting when trading for younger guys.
The Habs scouts have just as much info before 2022. The world doesn’t begin and end with the Habs franchise.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
I wouldn't even give a second look to an offer that doesn't include a 1st round pick

1st round pick would be the bare minimum, and than we could talk about retention on Monahan, etc, adds to be made on one side or the other, players added, etc

But no 1st round, no trade
I hope the Habs get that and more from the Avs.

• Haha
Reactions: MXD and MardyBum

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Two teams only? WTF

Wow, that seems very low to me, considering he can play wing or center. Concerning a bit only two teams, if true. Crazy

If one of those teams drops off, the return on Monahan will be lower then expected by some and might lead to Habs signing him for 1-2 more years and try again trading him next year.

Last edited:

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
You've never heard of him, so obviously never seen him play. I've followed him closely since he was one of the youngest players selected in his draft.

Scouting via box scores and counting stats is not the full story with this player.
idc I'd still rather the 1st. like we really need more small wingers

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
I'll guess he gets a 1'st, but not much else added to it. Mainly cause I think Hughes would wait if he didn't get at least a 1st.

Actually the Jets have Montreal's 2'nd right? I could see that plus a small add as well.

Reactions: Fatass
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad