Speculation: Molson Has Met Privately With Patrick Roy Recently...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Roy is a walking time bomb but at least he has passion to win. All these years i havent seen even a hint of that in Bergevin.

This situation, if it is true, reminds to me what happened in Edmonton. When they hired president for hockey ops, inept GM McTavish was canned a very same summer after that. This is the only way how Molson avoid situation where he personally got to dismiss MB. Cowardly but acceptable if we get rid of MB.

This could be the final straw in the manner you describe. Geoff avoids confrontation and doesn't want to get his hands dirty. Gets someone else to do it for him and the appointee takes the heat.

Reactions: FinnHab

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Roy is a walking time bomb but at least he has passion to win. All these years i havent seen even a hint of that in Bergevin.

This situation, if it is true, reminds to me what happened in Edmonton. When they hired president for hockey ops, inept GM McTavish was canned a very same summer after that. This is the only way how Molson avoid situation where he personally got to dismiss MB. Cowardly but acceptable if we get rid of MB.

Terrible example.

McTavish was part of the people that put the Oilers in a deep hole. So him coming in was like a dark cloud. It was the little friends hiring their friend in a neverending circle of unhealthy bullshit move repeating the same mistake over and over and patting themselves on the back.

The Oilers having McTavish as GM was like when Gainey appointing Gauthier as his successor. Or Bergevin surrounding himself with all of former NHL friends.

Roy is never the safe root. He is not a yes man and he is not a country club guy. He is from Quebec city and we're brutaly honest over here. No bullshit.

Reactions: SOLR

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I want Patrick for the sheer entertainment of it all!

michael-jackson-popcorn-gif-12.gif

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
^^^^^^^ Dull it won't be, if he is hired. ^^^^^^

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I want Patrick for the sheer entertainment of it all!

michael-jackson-popcorn-gif-12.gif

If someone spots a delivery truck to the BC with pallets of prop breakaway furniture and folding chairs, we'll know Patrick will have been hired.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I like Patrick but I don't think coming in here right now would have been the righ move.
Good for him going back to the Remparts

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I take it this thread will be closed at least when the announcement is official tomorrow.

And here I was so trusting of Halperin's info.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Whoah, wait a second. You're telling me that the original rumor came from Ian Halperin? Because if that's the case you may as well shut this thread down since the story is likely complete and unadulterated codswallop. I am well acquainted with his work, along with that of his partner/muckraker-in-crime, Max "Who Cares About The Facts" Wallace. These two clowns were writing bad conspiracy theory opinion pieces presented as fact for one of the Concordia University newspapers back when I was a student in the 80's. They are to journalism what Grant McCagg is to scouting. You can safely disregard pretty much anything that issues from his fetid imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad