MODS Please Close/ Players See New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
Could somebody explain to me how players develop in GM Connected?

I have Duncan Siemens in the AHL, but if I played him more often in the NHL would he reach his potential more quickly?

joestud

GM CONN- REDWINGS
Nov 18, 2008

I have Duncan Siemens in the AHL, but if I played him more often in the NHL would he reach his potential more quickly?

i find it doesnt matter at all...they just develop no matter what....its all fluke....Minny played granlund all year on the top line last year and he went up 1 pt.....Mursak played 0 and went from 68 to 82 for Detroit

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
my prized prospect martin gernat has been injured for 20 or so games because he was playing forward during my sims i think when hes a 60 overall d man :laugh: I'm trying to move ohlund or brewer for a forward! will sacrifice overall for speed/age to fit gernat in there!

Leafs For Life*

Depends on if he is your scratch, or your 1st line Dman. Pretty sure a part of it is random development, and then the other part is depending on performance. Since Gilbert without potential went from 83 to 86 playing top line D in my other league, but on LA he played 3rd pair so he stayed the same.

Leafs For Life*

i find it doesnt matter at all...they just develop no matter what....its all fluke....Minny played granlund all year on the top line last year and he went up 1 pt.....Mursak played 0 and went from 68 to 82 for Detroit

It's not all fluke.. and he went up 4 thank you very much. :p:

whitehh

Oct 16, 2012
Franson went from 79-85 for me with some nice boosts to shot/physical. Is this mostly because he was 25-26 last season (age 25 being their "prime")?

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
Franson went from 79-85 for me with some nice boosts to shot/physical. Is this mostly because he was 25-26 last season (age 25 being their "prime")?

Yeah probably, then again players have had big jumps earlier than that too (Huberdeau).

I haven't done BAP or other leagues or whatever but I really doubt where you play your players and how much has an effect on their growth. Bogosian and Kane went up a combined one point after their years last year.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Yeah probably, then again players have had big jumps earlier than that too (Huberdeau).

I haven't done BAP or other leagues or whatever but I really doubt where you play your players and how much has an effect on their growth. Bogosian and Kane went up a combined one point after their years last year.

Lol this. If it mattered Bogo would be a 99 overall by now haha

joestud

GM CONN- REDWINGS
Nov 18, 2008
Yes, I'm scared of the one with the 2nd worst GAPG. Thanks though, I need to bring my GF up :)

Looks like u wont need to trade for a top pick this year......also i dont take insults from ppl so far down the standings. After ur 2 losses that u have comin u might be pretty quiet

JAMmer124

Independent Living
Aug 13, 2010
Welland, Ontario
Depends on if he is your scratch, or your 1st line Dman. Pretty sure a part of it is random development, and then the other part is depending on performance. Since Gilbert without potential went from 83 to 86 playing top line D, but on LA he played 3rd pair so he stayed the same.

Pretty random IMO. I played Slava Voynov(4*, 78) 2nd pairing all last season, and he had like 10 goals, 20-30 points, and he only went up 1 ovr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad