Confirmed with Link: (Mod warning OP) Patrik Laine 2 years 6.75

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Good deal for both sides, love the bridge solution b/c both sides were uncomfortable with last year’s performance. Huge motivational bridge deal for Laine to prove he deserves more. Coach will have to use more logical usage and Laine is going to have to work harder these two years for him to become the player we want him to become. Let’s roll!

Happy it’s done

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I don’t think the risk is signing Laine long term, the risk is more him signing long term and missing out on a lot of money.

Good deal!

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
:clap:

NalzJvc.gif

Last edited:

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Too much but not too too much
Show me time for Mr Laine - needs a bounce back
Wonder if he got any "usage" tied into this deal :sarcasm:

Reactions: Howard Chuck

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Great contract for a 2 year "show me" deal. Either pick up the other facets of your game or don't expect much more than this. I'm hoping if Connor is signed long term it's between 5.5-6.5 mil. Anything over 6.5 for Connor is still really risky.

I think Connor is less "risky" thank Laine. Having said that, I'm glad we signed Laine - now if he has two 40+ goal years, he'll be paid in a couple of years. In the meantime, rent and groceries should still be affordable.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Initial reaction:

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS! EVERYONE GET IN HERE!

but thoughtful reaction:

lol why did this take so long?

I (and everyone I knew whose opinion I mildly respect) guessed this contract would be a couple years and between 6 and 7 million before the 2019 playoffs. Made sense for both sides. Laine gets to bet on himself, and the Jets get two years to see if Laine becomes a more complete player.

I'm guessing one side or the other wanted to get a long-term extension.

:laugh: Probably at some point both sides wanted LT - but Liut wanted 6x11 and Chevy wanted 8x5. :laugh: Simultaneous NO's followed by, OK 2 years or 3?

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
... and Chevy caved for the first time with an RFA, IMO. Surprised and a little bit disappointed in Chevy. Thats 35% more than EW's model predicted for a two year bridge deal.
Hope, Laine has a great bounce back season.

Reactions: Jets

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
He won’t be in top form for the first few games which will affect his point totals which will lead to lower AAV on his big contract.
So if you play one or two exhibition games you will score tons of goals in the first few games and have a massive AAV in the future...

All those Moose guys must have huge deals coming..

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
... and Chevy caved for the first time with an RFA, IMO. Surprised and a little bit disappointed in Chevy. Thats 35% more than EW's model predicted for a two year bridge deal.
Hope, Laine has a great bounce back season.
You really believe that Laine would sign around 5 M per season because EW’s model says so. He is a generational sniper for gods sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad