Confirmed with Link: (Mod warning OP) Patrik Laine 2 years 6.75

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Here’s hoping laine scores 55 this year and HFJets can be united in our love of the new Ovi.

Laine scoring 55 is more likely than HFJets to unite about Laine.

He scored 44 regardless questionable first half usage on 17-18 season, and did not get much love until the very end of the regular season. His 17. 5 + 7 = 12 post season with team leading 5-on-5 goal differential and very conscientious defensive play got him actually more dislike than love.

And Ovi he will never be. Apples to oranges. Overall he might get even better, but totally different players with different dimensions. Goal scoring is the thing that is common for these two.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ippenator

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
Here’s hoping laine scores 55 this year and HFJets can be united in our love of the new Ovi.
Or we take it down a notch... I mean, last seasons projections were so high, the disappointment to some was just too high... Still almost have nightmare about the expectactions poll, no wonder people didn't feel happy.

That said, just I'd love some. I may have to haggle you to like 53 goals. ;)

I'm like carved in to stone, I don't expect anything from anymore for a quite a time. Too stresful. I don't like stress, it stresses me out.

Reactions: Howard Chuck

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
Neither do I, so how's that anything special? I consider top athletes to have a bit stronger requirements than us common folk, especially ones like Laine with plenty to work for in terms of physique - maybe all this junk food and lax attitude is to blame. I mean, in addition to this I've been reading about his usual meals being something like spaghetti, which is just simple wheat junk.

Yea, same kind of junk that Michael Phelps ate during Beijing Olympics.

Lunch:
- Half a kg of pasta.
- Two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayonnaise on white bread
- Energy drinks that supplied him with another 1,000 calories.

Dinner:
- Half a kg of pasta
- An entire pizza
- More energy drinks.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014

Lunch:
- Half a kg of pasta.

Dinner:
- Half a kg of pasta
- An entire pizza
- More energy drinks.

That's because fat floats.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016

Lunch:
- Half a kg of pasta.

Dinner:
- Half a kg of pasta
- An entire pizza
- More energy drinks.

He would have won also those starts where he didn't even participate, had he not eaten that junk food! ;)

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo

Lunch:
- Half a kg of pasta.

Dinner:
- Half a kg of pasta
- An entire pizza
- More energy drinks.
Wow! Appears to me that Laine was after on a diet with his wings meal at the Hook restaurant. Maybe we should be worried about him getting too skinny... :sarcasm:

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
I want it to be known that Laine DOES drink. Maybe he never used to, but I used to tend bar in uni. I've personally handed him drinks and he tipped exceptionally well haha

He's a human being, he's allowed to eat fried food and drink beer as long as it doesn't affect his on ice performance

Reactions: JetsFan815

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We are seriously getting in a panic about what Laine is eating now ? It wasn't too long ago that lots of hockey players smoked cigarettes . I'm ok with Laine eating chicken wings just as long as he eats the celery and cucumbers too . :laugh:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
LOL @ the microscope that Laine is under.

Hey, the list of worrisome behaviour grows daily. Just to recap where we currently sit:

- eats too much junk food
- drinks alcohol
- trains poorly
- spends too much time gaming
- leaves a huge carbon footprint contributing to the eventual collapse of civilization

Have I forgotten anything? :sarcasm:

Nate070

Sep 15, 2010
Maldives
Hey, the list of worrisome behaviour grows daily. Just to recap where we currently sit:

- eats too much junk food
- drinks alcohol
- trains poorly
- spends too much time gaming
- leaves a huge carbon footprint contributing to the eventual collapse of civilization

Have I forgotten anything? :sarcasm:

We will find more... Much more.. Give us some time. Especially if he starts the season slow :naughty::sarcasm:

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Point? He also could have just eaten something healthy instead, while still not drinking. It's not an either-or.

And let's think about how many of those FEL teammates from Tappara will need to play in NHL.

Ahahaha... so he can’t celebrate winning the championships with a pizza? Wonder what you think of Capitals’ weeks long celebrations when they won the cup :D

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
We are seriously getting in a panic about what Laine is eating now ? It wasn't too long ago that lots of hockey players smoked cigarettes . I'm ok with Laine eating chicken wings just as long as he eats the celery and cucumbers too . :laugh:

It's even funnier he is posing with his namesake dinner in that restaurant, from which some proceedings go to charity. Also chicken wings is a 'thing' in Tampere, I'm not sure when it started, maybe in the 90s. But it has become almost like a traditional dish in Tampere.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Sebastian Aho, the biggest salary of the Finns, on his signing bonus to the press five days ago:

"I'm not buying a Lamborghini or anything."

NHL:n suomalainen palkkakuningas Sebastian Aho kesän miljoonapotista Urheilulehdelle: ”En ole mitään Lamborghinia ostamassa”

Patrik Laine, today:

bb743315c9cf4dfa94c8d457a013ac64.jpg

Patrik Laine kävi autokaupoilla – maalitykki toteutti pitkäaikaisen unelmansa hankkimalla harvinaisen Lamborghinin!

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Last edited:
Reactions: Tommigun

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If i was a 21 year old kid who made millions of dollars i would have more than one . :laugh:

Reactions: Psych0dad

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
If i was a 21 year old kid who made millions of dollars i would have more than one . :laugh:

I wouldn't want more than one of any car but my 12 car garage would be heavily populated from the Dupont Registry. Of course, they would never be taken out of the garage, given how bad our roads and drivers are. I would keep a Range Rover on hand as a beater for getting around. :laugh:

Reactions: Jets 31

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
It's even funnier he is posing with his namesake dinner in that restaurant, from which some proceedings go to charity. Also chicken wings is a 'thing' in Tampere, I'm not sure when it started, maybe in the 90s. But it has become almost like a traditional dish in Tampere.

Chicken wings are also part of a healthy Ketogenic diet. High in protein and fats, no unhealthy carbs.

Remember when Laine was just a hockey player?

Reactions: JetsFan815

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
Remember when Laine was just a hockey player
To be most loved, he's one of the hated ones. This I have witnessed and can't really fathom. I'd even think jelously would be shown, but... it's like like all him, and hasn't done wrong. Had a bad season of sorts. Other things are just people bashing on his direct approach.

It's weird. He's done charity, he's been a good guy in Winnipeg for kids and stuff. Yet still like you said is under one heck of a microscope. We may need a better one even.

I'm even kinda lost for words how people just jump on him, not in a good way. What should he have done, Lemiuex or something that young. It's really not that easy really, I'd say.

Well hope at least the season starts well and are going to the playoffs rather than play catch up.

Either way... even Laine isn't the only one. We need the team and it's weird that one person get so much hate, as a person who Winnipeg loves I think.

Quick edit: I can't understand how someone who's loved is also guilty of everything bad.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/patrik-laine-kyle-connor-winnipeg-jets-1.5302914

"I know I'll be good for the next two years. I'm gonna score a lot of goals, that's for sure," he said. "I'm going to be betting on myself."

"It doesn't matter if it's a two-year deal, eight-year deal, I still gotta be better," Laine said, adding, "I'll be real good this year."

"I'm happy to be here and I think everybody seems to be happy that I'm here. It's awesome to see my teammates, coaches, staff, everybody, [even] you guys," Laine said with a smirk to the reporters, then added, "Yeah, right." "No, but I'm super excited and happy to be here. My summer was way too long."

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/patrik-laine-kyle-connor-winnipeg-jets-1.5302914

"I know I'll be good for the next two years. I'm gonna score a lot of goals, that's for sure," he said. "I'm going to be betting on myself."

"It doesn't matter if it's a two-year deal, eight-year deal, I still gotta be better," Laine said, adding, "I'll be real good this year."

"I'm happy to be here and I think everybody seems to be happy that I'm here. It's awesome to see my teammates, coaches, staff, everybody, [even] you guys," Laine said with a smirk to the reporters, then added, "Yeah, right." "No, but I'm super excited and happy to be here. My summer was way too long."

Now waiting for someone to take the jokes at face value about how disrespectful he was to the media.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Chicken wings are also part of a healthy Ketogenic diet. High in protein and fats, no unhealthy carbs.

Remember when Laine was just a hockey player?

Agreed, Wings are delicious and healthy. I obliterated a pound Wings 2 weeks ago with Extra Hot Sauce and was none the worse for the wear other than an unpleasant bowel movement in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad