GDT: POL vs. LAT May 11, 2024

Vikz

Dec 26, 2021
Kinda sad for Poland because they really did very well and 1 point, while not nothing, doesn't do much for them in the grand scheme of things.
Well, unless Latvia continues at the same pace, 3 points would not make a difference either. Most likely, they will need to win the game against the other relegation candidate, and after today, it is France.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
This isnt the best team even by our standards were missing some very key players like Balcers, Balinskis, Bļugers, but even then its still Poland. Polish league is garbage, it shouldnt be this close.
The polish league is better than the latvian league.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Why so hostile? I just said they are improving.
English is not my first language, so I apologize that I'm sometimes not subtle or humble enough when I dont 100% concentrate on what I want to write up. But, yeah, I as an selfappointed expert on all Kazakhstan hockey on here, I strongly disagree with you about Kazakhstan improving as far as senior team is concerned.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well, unless Latvia continues at the same pace, 3 points would not make a difference either. Most likely, they will need to win the game against the other relegation candidate, and after today, it is France.
3 points mean getting to OT is enough in such a scenario which is no small feat.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Ah, what a shame! Don’t get me wrong, I like the Latvian team, but Poland has not won a game at this level of the worlds for 22 years, would have been cool for them!

They haven’t even played in the tournament in 22 years! So I’ll just take their strong effort and 1 point so far as a win.

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
Wow, what a day, before going to Ostrava to watch POL - LAT & USA - GER, I expected the first game to not be even close given that we use players from the Polish League but I'm so proud of this team after the fight they put against Latvia! A huge point and a fantastic advertisement for Polish hockey, hopefully this will start making this sport more popular here :)

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
If I was Polish, I'd be proud as f*** seeing this performance from your team. Guys know they roles, put pucks in the danger area and work for each other. Riding your luck hard is no concern of yours, we had our share of good bounces last year and I felt 0 remorse too. Good luck further in the tournament and you owe us one point and I want it back.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
We're winning gold, did you lot see this performance? Uneffingbelievable! Amazing, but the PP was horrible to watch, that was IIIA level bad powerplay by us. Nonetheless, amazing game!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad