OT: MMA General Discussion Thread (UFC, Strikeforce, Belator etc...) Part 2

Rkhtsen

Jan 15, 2016
I tried to call TM yesterday but the wait time was horrible so I replied to the email that we received with the order details. I didn't hear anything from the email so called just now and got a rep within 5 mins and he issued the refund for me.

I would call TM now if you wanted a refund.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
The main event featured Mighty Mouse vrs Ray Borg. It was just a squash match to give MM the title defence record. The Nunes fight is the real main event and will be a competitive fight. So even with the loss of MM and Dos Santos there is still 3 fights on the main card that should be fun to watch.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
I'm not really into MMA or anything but I thought about going because it would be a cool experience. With the main fight being cancelled I'm glad I didn't put money down to go especially at those prices. I hope those going have a good time though. There's still the Nunes fight which should be alright

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I was happy with the fight quality, a far more entertaining card then what Calgary got. Nunes and Shevchenko was a quality main event a real battle between two of the best female MMA has to offer, Cejudo and RDA looked phenomenal both dispatched quality opposition with ease, those two should be title contenders in the near future. While the Stephens vs Melendez fight was fairly one-sided that was also an enjoyable fight, just to see the will and guts Melendez had to persevere through that kind of punishment.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
It was an entertaining event minus a few fights. I was amazed at how many empty seats their were, especially in the lower bowl. The floor and upper bowl was full but there were large empty areas in the lower bowl.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
It was an entertaining event minus a few fights. I was amazed at how many empty seats their were, especially in the lower bowl. The floor and upper bowl was full but there were large empty areas in the lower bowl.

Probably guys like me who thought about getting floors but were like ehhh I can order it on PPV for like a quarter of the cost :laugh:

Hope you guys enjoyed it though. Seemed like a good time. Heard there was a massive let's go Oilers chant when they showed some of the guys too :yo:

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Probably guys like me who thought about getting floors but were like ehhh I can order it on PPV for like a quarter of the cost :laugh:

Hope you guys enjoyed it though. Seemed like a good time. Heard there was a massive let's go Oilers chant when they showed some of the guys too :yo:

The floor was mostly full, the lower bowl had probably 400 seats open. I was on the floor and had an awesome time. Way better than the Fight Night in Saskatoon. Got a pic of Anjar Bhullar talking with Looch just before the Nunes fight. My girlfriend was super pumped, and especially enjoyed the female fights (even the main). Only downside was the just bleed style guy sitting next to me every time a fight wasn't a stand and bang brawl.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Beautiful finish by Mighty Mouse last night

Right now he has to be close to the top of the list as the greatest pound for pound fighters in the history of the sport, one or two more victories in a row against quality opponents should remove all doubt and cement it as a stone cold fact.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Never thought Thug Rose was going to beat Johanna last night. Congrats to her.

Dillashaw congrats to him, although I do think Cody is the better fighter and will be a champ in that division for a long time.

GSP what can you say, the man put on a lot of weight, I think hes better off at 170 still.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
GSP is the greatest welterweight of all-time for sure, but the greatest fighter of all time seems kind of iffy and beating Michael Bisping isn't something that should cement that legacy, Bisping isn't very good he beat basically one top 5 guy in his division once in his entire career, got the belt off that single win and ran and hid from every credible challenger. I'll give George a lot more props if he can beat Woodley or Whitaker who are guys I think are actually worthy of holding a belt.

It was nice seeing GSP again and see how he added some wrinkles to his game (like a strong left hook), he's got a few more things to look out for now, but he did seem to gas when it was never an issue for him in the past and he was slow on his exits from exchanges, against better competition that will be an issue.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
It was nice to see GSP fighting to win rather than just fighting to not lose like he was before his break

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
When you can win a belt in 2 divisions your one of the best all time. Only 4 fighters ever in the history have done it.

As far as gassing, come on, if your gassed you cant finish a fight, you get picked apart.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I know Bisping isnt a all time great, but you cant take away from his accomplishments, with include, Rockhold, Silva, Henderson. Hes a legit fighter. Hes got the record for most UFC wins in history, and has fought some big names in there.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Beautiful finish by Mighty Mouse last night

Right now he has to be close to the top of the list as the greatest pound for pound fighters in the history of the sport, one or two more victories in a row against quality opponents should remove all doubt and cement it as a stone cold fact.

We will see as he gets Dillashaw next.

I think Dillashaw destroys him to be honest.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
I know it's boxing but since it's a fight thread , does anyone know what channel to watch the Anthony Joshua fight on Saturday ? It's playing on Showtime in the U.S but not sure about Canada.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I know it's boxing but since it's a fight thread , does anyone know what channel to watch the Anthony Joshua fight on Saturday ? It's playing on Showtime in the U.S but not sure about Canada.

TSNhigher tiers has had some of the latest Heavyweight fights. Seems like things in boxing have gone a long way south or north depending on pov since expensive PPV's. I think the last fight I watched a month ago said that TSN was also bringing the AJ fight.

I haven't really followed boxing since Lennox Lewis though. He was my champion.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
TSNhigher tiers has had some of the latest Heavyweight fights. Seems like things in boxing have gone a long way south or north depending on pov since expensive PPV's. I think the last fight I watched a month ago said that TSN was also bringing the AJ fight.

I haven't really followed boxing since Lennox Lewis though. He was my champion.
Thanks for that. Yes, I watched the Wilder fight a few weeks ago on TSN. Heavyweight division is getting interesting again. Only took a more than a decade..lol

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Wow that UFC 223 card got way worse quite quickly. 2 fighters had to drop out cause of injuries caused by McGregor's antics and one other fighter who helped instigate that stupidity. Joanna and Rose is a good enough reason to tune in alone, but still quite disappointing.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Don’t think I’ll pay to watch it anymore only really want to watch Khabib vs Al and Joanna vs Rose so I’ll jsyt find a stream instead and watch most of the Oilers game.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Wow that UFC 223 card got way worse quite quickly. 2 fighters had to drop out cause of injuries caused by McGregor's antics and one other fighter who helped instigate that stupidity. Joanna and Rose is a good enough reason to tune in alone, but still quite disappointing.

Good thing he has lots of money to pay for that lost revenue, I hope they squeeze as much as they can out of him. Childish. He has a baby and family. He's supposed to be a mentor. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad