MLS Thread: Enter Zlatan

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Google their roster.
But they by far gave us the toughest challenge we've faced all season. They looked far better than their roster would indicate. Some of that admittedly may have to do with the altitude hampering our press but I haven't seen any other team pin us back in our own end like they did.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's not all about roster. Manchester United would be wrecking everyone and scoring 5 goals a game if that were the case.

Even more so with MLS, but thats a bad roster that doesn't get results either. Other than one season, they've been one of the worst teams in MLS for years.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I mean, part of the reason roster sucks so bad this year is because of injuries, especially to Hairston and Ford. They didn’t have Badji last night as well, not to mention the Aigner saga.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I mean, part of the reason roster sucks so bad this year is because of injuries, especially to Hairston and Ford. They didn’t have Badji last night as well, not to mention the Aigner saga.
The idea of Hariston and Ford being mentioned in that order (Hariston Ford, get it???) made me chuckle.

Also the Badji thing lead to a funny moment on our broadcast where they did a big breakdown on him being the guy to watch and they went straight to the lineup and immediately had to mention he had just been scratched.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
The Red Bulls have serious potential to win some silverware this season. It might not be the ever elusive MLS Cup, but with the depth that this roster has, I make them an Open Cup favorite. No team is getting even half as much out of their reserve squad. No team is able to just flat out play their game the same way 100% of the time whether it's at home or on the road.
The biggest concern is still that a team can bunker on them and take advantage if their shooting boots are not on (see the Chivas home leg).

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Supporters Sheild should be wide open too. Especially with TFC now having to play catch up.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Would be fun for the crew to win something...then announce Precourt has sold to local investors who will build a stadium down by the hockey arena
please.gif

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
I would much rather see Iniesta in MLS than Torres or Rooney. Really surprised no MLS team was in on him

I'm sure there were/are teams interested in him but take a look at these numbers being thrown around...

Spanish newspaper El Mundo reported last Thursday that Iniesta had an offer on the table for three years and a total of €81 million after taxes, but the Chinese club cast doubt on the deal.

Iniesta's move to Chongqing Lifan in doubt

Spanish outlet Cadena Ser were the first to report the agreement between Iniesta and the J-League club. According ESPN's sources, the 33-year-old will sign a three-year deal with an annual salary of $30 million.

Iniesta to join Japan's Vissel Kobe - sources

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The real Orlando showed up the past two games. Not good enough defensively to win unless they score 2 or more. Can't win on the road and can't beat teams missing their best players. They better win everything they can at home because their away from isn't getting them many points.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
They are doing a segment on the MLS broadcast on legalized sports betting being a potential game changer for the league. Like I can totally see everyone rushing to sports books to bet on MLS games. Yeah no.

Reactions: Fro

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Revs just had a guy get kicked right in the stomach in the box and no call and no review. That's up their with Robles being shoved into his net vs Orlando for most incompetent MLS officiating moment so far this year.

Also speaking of Robles his ironman streak ends tomorrow at 182 matches. First MLS match we have played without him in net since 2013.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They are doing a segment on the MLS broadcast on legalized sports betting being a potential game changer for the league. Like I can totally see everyone rushing to sports books to bet on MLS games. Yeah no.
Dude. Degenerative gamblers will bet on ANYTHING. Especially if they think they can get an edge by exploiting a new sport that Vegas hasn't figured out how to bet on yet.

Reactions: PickleRick

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Dude. Degenerative gamblers will bet on ANYTHING. Especially if they think they can get an edge by exploiting a new sport that Vegas hasn't figured out how to bet on yet.
But that's a tiny portion of gamblers. And if you told me the one league in this country that only fools should bet on it's MLS because there is no rhyme or reason to anything that happens in the league. There is no predictability whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad