MLS Thread: Enter Zlatan

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Minnesota sends Sam Nicholson to Colorado for Eric Miller.

Anyone know anything about Miller? Seems to be a stalwart on their defense the last couple years, and was their Defensive Player of the Year last year.

Really bummed to see Sammy go, but we BADLY needed to upgrade our defense.
Solid player, didn’t fit with the Rapids new 3-5-2 system so he was on the bench.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Had a sudden and unpleasant discovery when I tried to start up the second half on my phone just now. Did MLS Live's imminent abrupt disappearance catch anyone else here off guard, or did they just not mention it to Crew SC supporters?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The whole team coming over to the South Ward after the match and high fiving everyone in the front row in a line was awesome.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Galaxy are somehow more frustrating this year than last year. At least with last year I knew the team was **** so I wasn't surprised when they get embarrassed. This year the team is much better and they still can't get results. Haven't replaced the gigantic hole that Van Damme left.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Galaxy are somehow more frustrating this year than last year. At least with last year I knew the team was **** so I wasn't surprised when they get embarrassed. This year the team is much better and they still can't get results. Haven't replaced the gigantic hole that Van Damme left.
The Galaxy have a nice collection of players that are all unsure of their roles.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
6 straight for the Lions. Still not making it easy with the amount of quality chances they give up but going forward this team is clicking right now. Nice little 10 point gap in front of the 7th spot, it's early but we need to make the playoffs this year so not having to play catch up might help us.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Rooney would be great in the MLS. He might get pressed but he’s good enough to break through it. Acting like NYRBs press is going to do anything is homerism at best.

A NYRB press that rendered Villa useless with a more talented supporting cast than Wayne would have with DC...an NYRB press that rendered Ibra useless with a more talented supporting cast than Wayne would have with DC. I rate Villa and Ibra similar to Rooney (Villa slightly higher) - I like my chances against a Rooney-led DC United.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
A NYRB press that rendered Villa useless with a more talented supporting cast than Wayne would have with DC...an NYRB press that rendered Ibra useless with a more talented supporting cast than Wayne would have with DC. I rate Villa and Ibra similar to Rooney (Villa slightly higher) - I like my chances against a Rooney-led DC United.
Again Rooney is more talented than Villa and would give a lot more effort than Ibra.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Well we're just going to have to agree to disagree there. If he touches Villa's production in MLS I would be utterly shocked.
I mean currently. Not in history by the way, meant to put that in my post but just forgot :laugh:

Anyway Rooney is an amazing player and an amazing competitor. Having watched both Ibra and Rooney at United, Ibra gave way less effort than Rooney on any given day. He seems to be reenergized at Everton too. I don't see Rooney being a good striker in the league though (which I think that he will play as at DC). He'd be a fantastic 10 though. That would get the most of his abilities and not require that he be so great physically (which he never has been).

On another entirely unrelated note, my Sounders are about to get crushed by Toronto tonight. They don't have a proper striker and can't score goals. They were counting way too much on Morris being healthy and Bruin while good shouldn't be starting for a team that has been to the last 2 cup finals. If the Sounders don't sign a striker in summer, they won't make the playoffs. Granted Garth said they were spending 8 figures on a player in the summer but we will see if that happens.

Last edited:

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Maybe but I think they go for someone that can play both wing and striker. I’ve seen a lot of links to Sergio Araujo from Las Palmas.

That's a better signing - more modern MLS (in the Atlanta model). I would love to see that happen.

Additionally, would prefer Cheech to end up on one of the Texas teams or in Chicago - a struggling team attendance-wise that could use the Mexican fan boost.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The scene tonight in Columbus with like 2,000 fans tops makes me so sad. They know their team is as good as gone and it's a total disgrace. If Garber comes into the South Ward to glad hand us I swear it will take every ounce of restraint that I have not to spit right in his ugly disgusting face. I hope him and Precourt drown in a pool of ebola.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
there are way more than 2,000 there...I'll be so glad when Precourt is gone and actual local ownership supports the team...it's sad that Columbus is like 16th in revenue with an owner submarining the product so bad...

Afful's strike may have dented the goalpost...

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Halftime in Toronto. Toronto have had the majority of the ball but haven’t had many chances. Seattle playing very organized. Although Bruin scored he has been awful at holding the ball but Seattle don’t have anyone else to do it. Also he might have gotten injured towards the end. Wolff making a strong case to be starting week in and week out. It will be interesting what happens when everyone is healthy (but Morris because he’s out for the season) I’d put Dempsey up top with Lodeiro in behind him with VRod and Wolff out wide with Ozzie and Roldan holding. Could be interesting. Back to the game today though, Bruin should be taking advantage of these make shift center backs. Although both VDW and Bradley are great players neither are natural center backs so hopefully he starts getting a little more physical with them in the second half. Also Morgan (LB for Toronto) has not played well at all. I don’t really know how to describe it. Kind of like he’s panicking when he gets the ball. Giovinco will be the death of Seattle if they keep giving him these chances.

Of course while I’m talking about Bruin being bad he starts the second half really well and had a great pass to Bwana for a great goal and is holding it up well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad