OT: MLB Thread XVI: It's football season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why is Noah throwing 113 pitches with a lot of them being highs stress pitches? Didn't the Mets say they wanted to be cautious with him? Does Terry want to blow his arm out?

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
Dont know what the Marlins have to offer. Yanks are big game hunting, not fishing for bait.

The Marlins have nothing in their farm system that projects to be a high end player; their farm system is currently ranked at or near the bottom of the team prospect rankings. The NYY should stay away from dealing with them.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
The Marlins have nothing in their farm system that projects to be a high end player; their farm system is currently ranked at or near the bottom of the team prospect rankings. The NYY should stay away from dealing with them.

Kolek and Naylor and not much else.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Papelblown sucked again tonight. Nats are in a closer crisis.

For the love of god, please let Cashman trade Miller. Nats are mighty desperate and imo will part with Ross/Giolito/Turner.

Maybe if the Yankees still want to contend, they can trade back for DRob for pennies on the dollar - though i would prefer a new route.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Keep Miller.

Trade Nova.

I'd trade Gardner and bring up Judge.

See where you are at the deadline. Maybe trade Beltran.

The team is pitching. The hitting is coming along.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
It honestly would be silly to keep Beltran. In what world would you be able to trade a 39 year old that's currently at 20+ HR and 60+ RBI while hitting over .300?

Yankees would get a great return. I agree on trading Nova and keeping Miller, unless the Miller offer is a gross overpayment.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
It honestly would be silly to keep Beltran. In what world would you be able to trade a 39 year old that's currently at 20+ HR and 60+ RBI while hitting over .300?

Yankees would get a great return. I agree on trading Nova and keeping Miller, unless the Miller offer is a gross overpayment.

I understand. This team decided to make this difficult on management and the fans at the "perfect" time. It is 4 days until the deadline. Tanaka throws tonight. If they sweep the Astros they are then looking at a 3 game set against a weak Tampa team. They win 2 out of 3 against Tampa and they are 5 games over .500. After the deadline they face a Mets team who's staff has so many question marks because of all the injuries. It is not crazy to think they can make their push now and keep the all star Beltran.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
On the remaining schedule the Yankees have 19 games against Tampa/KC/LAA combined. If they go 15-4 in those games, they would only have to go 25-18 to get to 92 wins. That should get them an AL wildcard spot.

It wouldnt be easy but it can be done if the yankees continue to improve on both sides of the ball, more specifically with the bat

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Call me pessimistic but I don't see this team playing .650 ball the remainder of the season.

I don't know if .650 ball even gets them in.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Papelblown sucked again tonight. Nats are in a closer crisis.

For the love of god, please let Cashman trade Miller. Nats are mighty desperate and imo will part with Ross/Giolito/Turner.

Maybe if the Yankees still want to contend, they can trade back for DRob for pennies on the dollar - though i would prefer a new route.

I would personally rather they don't get Miller. He's controlled for awhile I think. And he may make a big difference in that pen. I am fine with them retaining those 3 guys. I just don't think any of them are going to be anything spectacular. Giolito looks awful to me. I'm not just talking about results either, nothing about his stuff looks as if he will be a dominant ML starter.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
I would personally rather they don't get Miller. He's controlled for awhile I think. And he may make a big difference in that pen. I am fine with them retaining those 3 guys. I just don't think any of them are going to be anything spectacular. Giolito looks awful to me. I'm not just talking about results either, nothing about his stuff looks as if he will be a dominant ML starter.

See I find this interesting. I was watching videos on YouTube of him and he really didn't impress me that much either. I mean his fastball could touch 96 or so but he stuff didn't really blow me away.

With that being said he's a top prospect for a reason but maybe I need to watch more footage because from the limited amount I saw I got the same feeling.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

He just turned 22. It's only been 3 starts.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
See I find this interesting. I was watching videos on YouTube of him and he really didn't impress me that much either. I mean his fastball could touch 96 or so but he stuff didn't really blow me away.

With that being said he's a top prospect for a reason but maybe I need to watch more footage because from the limited amount I saw I got the same feeling.

I know that the Nats radio guy has said before that many scouts think Lopez will be the better pitcher.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
Watch the Yankees will win out through the deadline then go on a 10 game losing streak.

This wouldn't surprise me; a new version of "Damn Yankees"! :laugh: But deals can still go through in August, tho players must go through waivers. A Sabathia trade would guaranteed to go through starting August 2, along with Mark Teixeira.

With a Miller trade (and if they trade anyone else), they would have the extra prospect flexibility to add a Robertson and not have it deplete the farm system again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad