OT: MLB Thread XVI: It's football season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Gonna have to disagree here, I think Miller has way more value than Chapman.

Which is scary on its own.

I agree with you, I said this recently.

2.5 years vs. .5 years. Chapman's better, but its not a big enough difference that makes Chapman more valuable than a player who's under team control for an extra two seasons.

The Cubs overpaid for Chapman, so although Miller should get more value, it might not be much more.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
JJ Cooper ‏@jjcoop36 3h3 hours ago
Crawford is a perfect 4th player in the deal, lottery ticket CF with tools--+ defender, + speed. Question is the bat

John Vittas ‏@JohnVittas3 3h3 hours ago
.@jjcoop36 Crawford has really figured it out at the plate of late too. Batting .342/.422/.468 in July

Some info on Crawford

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
The price on Miller just went up ten fold. I don't know where other contenders are gonna get a better reliever anywhere. Nationals it will now cost you Giolito.

Last edited:

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
The price on Miller just went up ten fold. I don't know what other contenders are gonna get a better reliever anywhere. Nationals it will cost you Giolito.

Giolito alone is not enough. But if I'm the Nats I would not move him. They do have enough other pieces that could get Miller.
Personally I hope the Yanks keep him and he remains a Yankee for a long time.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Giolito alone is not enough. But if I'm the Nats I would not move him. They do have enough other pieces that could get Miller.
Personally I hope the Yanks keep him and he remains a Yankee for a long time.

I'd say the top pitching prospect in baseball is a pretty fair deal for a 31 year old stud reliever. Sure, Miller has two years left on his contract, but are the Yankees winning it all the in next two years?

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City

For Miller.

Hey I like Miller too.

But the Yankees can buy any relief pitcher they feel like plus we have Betances.

They can't buy young pitching or future aces.

I would make that trade in a heartbeat but I doubt the Nationals will. Since the Yanks don't have to trade Miller if they don't want to the price should be really high consider the team won't just get them for this offseason.

Giolito projects as a Clemens type ace.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
If they can get Giolito for Miller, you do that deal every single time and twice on Sunday. No question about it whatsoever. No way WAS would ever offer it, but if it's on the table, Yanks would be beyond insane to pass that up.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I still don't understand how the latter two still get ranked in the top 50 and I'm a Yankees fan. Not so high on them.

Judge is top-50 IMO. Sanchez isn't, he's more 51-75 range.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Feisand says that Nova's next up on the trading block.

According to a major-league source, dealing Nova has become the Yankees' next priority as they look to bring something back for another player set to hit free agency at the end of the season.

"They're focused on him," the source said. "They're looking at the guys with expiring contracts first - though not Beltran right now."

The Marlins, desperate for starting pitching, have expressed interest in Nova, who is 7-5 with a 4.65 ERA in 20 games (14 starts) this season. Nova went through a bad seven-start stretch from late-May through late-June, but he's 2-0 with a 2.66 ERA in his past four starts, surging at the right time given next Monday's non-waiver trade deadline.

Alex Rodriguez not in Yankees lineup against lefty Dallas Keuchel
It's unclear what the Yankees are looking to receive in a deal for Nova, though the source said the early asking price is higher than expected.

"They're shooting high, but it's early," the source said. "They know what the pitching market looks like right now and they're trying to capitalize on that."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...ocus-trade-ivan-nova-source-article-1.2725872

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
I would only move Miller for a clear top pitching prospect.

But you absolutely have to move Beltran and Nova. That's a no brainer, they are not part of this teams immediate future either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad