MLB suspends Trevor Bauer for two seasons - UPD: arbitrator rules suspension is over & DFA'd

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Another accuser has come forward.

from espn.com:

A fourth woman has accused former MLB pitcher Trevor Bauer of sexual assault in a lawsuit filed in Arizona. Bauer has countersued the woman for fraud, saying she is attempting to harass and extort money from him in the wake of similar allegations made by three other women.

In an amended complaint filed Tuesday, the woman said she had an "unplanned pregnancy" after Bauer "violently sexually assaulted" her in December 2020. Bauer's attorneys, in court filings, described the situation as "a single sexual encounter" that "was consensual."

The woman, whom ESPN has chosen not to name, stated in her initial complaint that she had visited Bauer at his home in Scottsdale, Arizona, several times before the assault. During those earlier visits, he held a "jagged steak knife to her throat" and choked her several times, according to her initial complaint filed in December 2022.

She also accused Bauer of forcibly removing her clothes, sexually assaulting her and slapping her on December 13, 2020, before he used her butterfly braids "as a rope to choke me unconscious with my hair." In the amended complaint, her attorneys stated that the assault resulted in an unplanned pregnancy.

The woman also said in the amended complaint that Bauer "instructed that she should not keep any records about what had occurred, including the pregnancy, and that they should keep it private between themselves." Her attorneys state in the court records that she "became suicidal and went to the hospital" in the weeks after the assault and that Bauer later "slammed" her onto a computer, breaking the screen, when she was about three months pregnant. She "decided not to terminate the pregnancy" but had a miscarriage in April 2021, according to her filing Tuesday.

Bauer "categorically denies" the woman's allegations, his co-agents Jon Feterrolf and Rachel Luba told ESPN in a statement.

Bauer's representatives told ESPN that he has filed a criminal complaint for extortion against the woman. ESPN has not independently verified the criminal filing.

Full story: Bauer accused of sexual assault by fourth woman

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

from espn.com:

A fourth woman has accused former MLB pitcher Trevor Bauer of sexual assault in a lawsuit filed in Arizona. Bauer has countersued the woman for fraud, saying she is attempting to harass and extort money from him in the wake of similar allegations made by three other women.

In an amended complaint filed Tuesday, the woman said she had an "unplanned pregnancy" after Bauer "violently sexually assaulted" her in December 2020. Bauer's attorneys, in court filings, described the situation as "a single sexual encounter" that "was consensual."

The woman, whom ESPN has chosen not to name, stated in her initial complaint that she had visited Bauer at his home in Scottsdale, Arizona, several times before the assault. During those earlier visits, he held a "jagged steak knife to her throat" and choked her several times, according to her initial complaint filed in December 2022.

She also accused Bauer of forcibly removing her clothes, sexually assaulting her and slapping her on December 13, 2020, before he used her butterfly braids "as a rope to choke me unconscious with my hair." In the amended complaint, her attorneys stated that the assault resulted in an unplanned pregnancy.

The woman also said in the amended complaint that Bauer "instructed that she should not keep any records about what had occurred, including the pregnancy, and that they should keep it private between themselves." Her attorneys state in the court records that she "became suicidal and went to the hospital" in the weeks after the assault and that Bauer later "slammed" her onto a computer, breaking the screen, when she was about three months pregnant. She "decided not to terminate the pregnancy" but had a miscarriage in April 2021, according to her filing Tuesday.

Bauer "categorically denies" the woman's allegations, his co-agents Jon Feterrolf and Rachel Luba told ESPN in a statement.

Bauer's representatives told ESPN that he has filed a criminal complaint for extortion against the woman. ESPN has not independently verified the criminal filing.

This one doesn't pass the sniff test. So he choked you and held a knife to your throat yet you kept going to his house after? Uh huh...

Reactions: DaveG

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

from espn.com:

This one doesn't pass the sniff test. So he choked you and held a knife to your throat yet you kept going to his house after? Uh huh...

The woman who accused Bauer of rape in 2023 now being criminally charged with felony for fraud against Bauer

"Her m.o. is clear," Bauer said of the newly filed charges. "Lie to men to get their money. Extort them if she must. When they refuse to pay, stop paying, or stop giving her what she wants, go to the police, accuse them of sexual assault, and file a civil suit against them to retaliate."

She is being charged for doing same to another man as well it seems from TMZ article

Bauer may be douchebag from many accounts, but his career was unfairly ended by accusations that under scrutiny have completely unraveled at this point

Last edited:

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
If I were the Bluejays, I'd pick up Bauer, it's pretty clear that Manoah is not back to his old self, he may never get back to it. Bauer has talent, bring him in, that would complete a pretty deadly pitching staff.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
If I were the Bluejays, I'd pick up Bauer, it's pretty clear that Manoah is not back to his old self, he may never get back to it. Bauer has talent, bring him in, that would complete a pretty deadly pitching staff.
Agreed.

But with Strider facing surgery on his elbow, I expect Bauer will end up in Atlanta

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Injuries to starting pitching is affecting a lot of teams. Bauer's agent's phone I'd assume has rung several times.

That said, as it stands, there are 30 teams that haven't signed him (yet). That is telling.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
FYI the woman being charged isn't Lindsay Hill, the one who made these text messages

nOWuOxd.png

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton

Hard no. The guy is a PR hot potato even before considering these incidents. Add in stuff like the Drone Incident, his lack of a filter in regards to the media and fans on social media, and his reputation of being a locker room cancer, it is understandable that teams are staying far away from him.

Plus in regards to the Jays, I don't think we would even be an option. Based on how he acted towards the Jays and Canada while he played in Cleveland and his very opinionated political comments would probaly remove the Jays as an option as a whole.

Reactions: DaveG and SoupNazi

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Hard no. The guy is a PR hot potato even before considering these incidents. Add in stuff like the Drone Incident, his lack of a filter in regards to the media and fans on social media, and his reputation of being a locker room cancer, it is understandable that teams are staying far away from him.

Plus in regards to the Jays, I don't think we would even be an option. Based on how he acted towards the Jays and Canada while he played in Cleveland and his very opinionated political comments would probaly remove the Jays as an option as a whole.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton

I like the guy. I don't think he's coming to T.O., but I'd take him in a second. One year deal. It's clear Jays' management did not add to to offence, so might as well lean into our pitching even more. That being said, it ain't happening.

Still a hard pass from me. If you could seperate the player from the person, there might be something to consider, but you can't so he can reap what he sows.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad