MLB suspends Trevor Bauer for two seasons - UPD: arbitrator rules suspension is over & DFA'd

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
This is horrible. Give him time served, plus maybe another slap on the wrist and move on. Manfred is joke and probably the worst sports commissioner in my lifetime. 2 years when he was acquitted?!?! And it doesn't even include time served?? Sounds more personal than anything.

But Ozuna only got time served + 20 games. LOL.

Hes the definition of a corporate stooge. Hell, at least Selig owned a team and legitimately loved the sport.

Not sure I understand this. Based on allegations unproven in court, someone can get suspended?

Yes. Much like the NFL, the commissioner is judge jury & executioner. Goodell suspended Ezekiel Elliot based on mere accusations. Manclown can do the same.

Its just personal because Bauer has (rightfully) called out the league on a number of things including the BS Astros punishments. (I say BS because they went soft on them)

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I don’t understand this punishment. If the league knows that he did what he is being accused of he should be banned from the MLB for life. If they don’t know if he’s guilty or not than He should not be punished at all. What is up with this weird in between punishment?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Not sure I understand this. Based on allegations unproven in court, someone can get suspended?

MLB is not a legal justice system. I’m not sure why people don’t understand this.

Gambling on baseball is not a crime. But if an MLB player gambles on baseball he will be banned for life despite not committing a crime.

Reactions: Vector

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
MLB is not a legal justice system. I’m not sure why people don’t understand this.

Gambling on baseball is not a crime. But if an MLB player gambles on baseball he will be banned for life despite not committing a crime.

Not to mention, standard of proof is necessarily a bit different for everything that's off-field.

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
If only the MLB cared about cheating in the world series as much as it cares about guys who like consensual rough sex, it might actually have credibility.

The latest Bauer accuser hated it so much she kept banging him for 5 years. Another guy screwed over by false rape accusations.

It's going to be interesting to see the settlement he reaches with the MLB... but I imagine he can sue the Dodgers, MLB, and maybe even Manefred personally for defamation.

in 2022, facts don't matter. It's all about the narrative and our feelings.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I suspect the fact Bauer is into some pretty creepy sex kink stuff is probably a worse offense to the dudes in MLB head office than being just another drunken hothead slugging his wife in anger.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
If he's convicted, then obviously throw the book at him.

But to do this based purely on allegations is asinine and a lay up lawsuit for Bauer. To date, he hasn't even been charged yet

Reactions: jcs0218

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site

Criminal Justice system has to prove things beyond a reasonable doubt. A very high standard. MLB does not. It’s a civil manner and if it goes to court, all they have to prove is a balance of probabilities, ie more likely than not. A lower standard.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I still don't know exactly what he did

He wasn't charged and convicted of anything, was he?

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
So what’s going on? Is he still under contract with LA? Is he a free agent now? I have to imagine his relationship with the team has soured. The Dodgers showed no effort to defend their player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad