MLB regular season thread - Part XI - Twins have lost 96

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Casilla blows another one :laugh:

But the Giants prevail in the 12th so status quo in the WC race yesterday. Joe Nathan somehow gets another important assignment and gets a win. :huh:

Danny Salazar battling injury again (forearm tightness) is significant news. Don't think the Indians can win a title if Bauer is their 3rd starter and Tomlin/Clevinger the 4th starter in the playoffs.

Last edited:

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
NL Wildcard will come down to who sucks the least. Mets fans should probably be the most confident in their team right now because the Giants and Cardinals suck.

The Mets play Minnesota next weekend. Assuming they go 3-2 at least in these next 5 games and stay within a game or so of both St. Louis and San Fran, one of those two is in grave danger of being borderline finished off next weekend if they are swept. The way they are both playing these days though I can't imagine either one is capable of sweeping the other. It also appears Bumgarner will miss that series too which is great news for the Cards.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
glad i didn't jinx them. a win tomorrow would be some nice momentum going in vs the Rangers but it ain't gonna be easy.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Was he always an SS? It seems hard to believe. I've never seen a shortstop with that much power in my life other than the steroid guy who was on Baltimore and Texas. Can't believe I forgot his name.

Really? I can think of about 10 shortstops currently playing with better power than Turner.

Machado who is still very much a shortstop in my eyes. He played 45 games there last season and is playing 3B because Orioles have Hardy. Corey Seager, Carlos Correa, Troy Tulowitzki, Trevor Story, Marcus Semien, Xander Bogaerts, Brandon Crawford, Addison Russell, Brad Miller.

I like Turner and I know he's hit some bombs but I'm not a massive believer in his power and he is definitely NOT this power threat guy you are imagining.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Cubs magic number =7

Kris Bryant locking up MVP. Such a pleasure.

Watching the AL East, Jays get clown pounded when it matters. Hopefully the Red Sox didnt brand them a failure by inflicting their will upon them. But, imo, the Jays have been playing over their skill set all year. I wouldnt be suprised if the O's and Yanks get hot and over take them.

I dont know the math, but even if the Cubs lost every game for the rest of the season, they would still have the best record in their division. First to 90 wins.

Blue Jays have one of the best lineups top to bottom in the MLB.

Their rotation has also been pretty good, especially the three-headed monster of Sanchez-Happ-Estrada.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Blue Jays have one of the best lineups top to bottom in the MLB.

Their rotation has also been pretty good, especially the three-headed monster of Sanchez-Happ-Estrada.

Agree. My knock on Jays was their pitching but you can't deny how good Sanchez/Happ/Estrada have been and that's with Stroman having bit of a mixed season. They've also fixed their pen issues.

They are a legit good team and aren't playing over their heads at all.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Feels like the AL East drama has made up for the lack of races elsewhere.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Mariners up 2 TDs.

clownpound.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad