MLB regular season thread - Part XI - Twins have lost 96

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Considering the additions the Cubs made during the winter, it was nothing more then wishful thinking.

But nobody is faulting teams for trying. The Cubs were much, much better then the field and proved it.

Here's to the central division. At least you tried.

How? You realize the Cards & Pirates played a bunch of games against other teams, including the Brewers & Reds?

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
For all the talk about the Mets at this point in the season, their WS opponents and defending champs.... what's happened to the Royals this season?

They're basically in a similar spot as the Yankees/Pirates/Marlins are.... they basically need a miracle.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Red Sox have to be the AL favorite at this point. Just a steamroller right now.

For all the talk about the Mets at this point in the season, their WS opponents and defending champs.... what's happened to the Royals this season?

Injuries to guys like Cain, Davis, Moustakas, Gordon, etc and they had one horrible month. A 7-19 month (.269 baseball!!!) in July pretty much buried them.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

They're basically in a similar spot as the Yankees/Pirates/Marlins are.... they basically need a miracle.
The A's essentially eliminated them last week.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Reyes' 2 run homer ties it in case BlameUtley's post did not give it away. Wow.

Actually, he posted before the HR I believe, lol.

Houston down to their last 3 outs at home against the Angels. Orioles have lost. Detroit leading 4-2 against the horrific Twins in the 7th.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Im raging right now. Gomez is terrible.

All it did was draw out the agony another two innings, especially when Duda missed a game-winning HR down the line by inches.

Why do the baseball gods hate us? Maybe it's the Tebow thing, we haven't won a game since his jersey got put up for sale.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
I've never seen a team lose games on back to back nights when missing walk off homers by literally inches. We are so ****ing cursed. Cubs fans my age haven't seen half the crap I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad