MLB regular season thread - Part XI - Twins have lost 96

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Rain delay #3 in Yankees/Rays game.

Unlike the first 2 this one might last a while.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Astros had a shot to get within 1.5 of the Orioles/Tigers, but they couldn't get to Lester (who's been maybe the best pitcher in baseball since the break if you look at the stats) and the Cubs played spoiler for the Wild Card race.

The division races other than the AL East aren't anything epic this year, but the Wild Card races are a doozy.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Cubs magic number =7

Kris Bryant locking up MVP. Such a pleasure.

Watching the AL East, Jays get clown pounded when it matters. Hopefully the Red Sox didnt brand them a failure by inflicting their will upon them. But, imo, the Jays have been playing over their skill set all year. I wouldnt be suprised if the O's and Yanks get hot and over take them.

I dont know the math, but even if the Cubs lost every game for the rest of the season, they would still have the best record in their division. First to 90 wins.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Cubs magic number =7

I dont know the math, but even if the Cubs lost every game for the rest of the season, they would still have the best record in their division. First to 90 wins.

Clearly you don't know math since these two statements are contradictory. The fact that they still have a magic number means the 2nd part is not necessarily true.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
So, Rick Porcello and Jon Lester, two of the more high-profile free-agent pitcher signings in the winter of 2014.

Combined 2015 record: 20-28

So far this season: 36-7

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Cubs magic number =7

Kris Bryant locking up MVP. Such a pleasure.

Watching the AL East, Jays get clown pounded when it matters. Hopefully the Red Sox didnt brand them a failure by inflicting their will upon them. But, imo, the Jays have been playing over their skill set all year. I wouldnt be suprised if the O's and Yanks get hot and over take them.

Why do you post terrible things?

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
One thing I would like to say about Kris Bryant- considering that the sophomore slump is a real thing and that we've seen a lot of Rookies of Year take a step back the next year, it is impressive what I've seen Bryant do this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad