MLB off-season News & Notes thread (Phils sign Kingery to 6 year deal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Mad Dog Russo ripped into him yesterday. It was bad.

I hope the Astros can sign Darvish. Meh on Arrieta, and wouldn't want to trade for Archer as the asking price would be high(basically said, Rays will want Tucker or Whitley, maybe both? + more). A lot of Astros fans are against signing Darvish/Arrieta and I'm not sure how serious the Astros are on either. Could be insurance if Keuchel leaves nxt year.

Why pay them when you can just pay Keuchel tho?

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Please, DD, trade Machado, Jones, O'Day, Brach, Trumbo, Givens and Gausman. Everyone not named Schoop, Bundy and Mancini. It's time to retool. Also, f*** Davis contract.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Please, DD, trade Machado, Jones, O'Day, Brach, Trumbo, Givens and Gausman. Everyone not named Schoop, Bundy and Mancini. It's time to retool. Also, **** Davis contract.
Might as well go full scorched earth and deal Schoop too. Isn’t he a free agent after 2019?

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
With the Yankees loading up, and Boston probably making a move to "counter" the Stanton trade, I think the Jays should explore a Donaldson trade.

If Donaldson goes to Boston, then Toronto really needs a massive return for him. At a minimum, Toronto needs to ask for the Red Sox top three prospects - Groome, Chavis and Travis. Toronto will probably need to take some salary back, but that's where the asking should start, especially if Donaldson is being traded within the division.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
If Donaldson goes to Boston, then Toronto really needs a massive return for him. At a minimum, Toronto needs to ask for the Red Sox top three prospects - Groome, Chavis and Travis. Toronto will probably need to take some salary back, but that's where the asking should start, especially if Donaldson is being traded within the division.

Oh no, I wasn't saying Boston should look into Donaldson. I just meant with Boston looking for another bat, the Jays probably won't be able to compete for the division.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Oh no, I wasn't saying Boston should look into Donaldson. I just meant with Boston looking for another bat, the Jays probably won't be able to compete for the division.

Toronto is in awful shape. I hope Boston goes looking for another bat and I hope they target Donaldson. I'm ready for a full on rebuild in Toronto and to me, Donaldson makes sense for the Red Sox. I'm sure though that if Donaldson becomes available, the Jays can get a bidding war going for his services and I'm sure the top contenders will be lining up for him.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
D-Backs and Rangers talking Greinke, it was only a matter of time before his name came up. 138 million left over 4 years is such a massive amount of their payroll.

I don't follow twitter I just read MLBtraderumors, fantastic site.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
the A's fired canseco from his broadcasting gig

just scroll through his twitter to find out why

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
the A's fired canseco from his broadcasting gig

just scroll through his twitter to find out why

200w.gif
nRgVPSC.gif

nRgVPSC.gif

nRgVPSC.gif

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Keuchel just signed with Boras' agency. He's going for the biggest payday.

And Darvish isn't? They are probably going to cost roughly the same.

Might as well go full scorched earth and deal Schoop too. Isn’t he a free agent after 2019?

Yup.

Oh, god... if they get Machado too... (I mean, I think there is a decent chance he'd sign there anyway, so I'm not sure if giving up assets for him is a good idea.)

Thing is, you can get him to agree to a deal now and not have to fight with 28 other teams come next winter. You can also spend all season wooing him and if he does leave, at least you'll get some sort of compensation back. I don't think they'd trade Torres for him but Frazier is a possibility.

D-Backs and Rangers talking Greinke, it was only a matter of time before his name came up. 138 million left over 4 years is such a massive amount of their payroll.

I don't follow twitter I just read MLBtraderumors, fantastic site.

A decent portion is deferred until something crazy like 2030 IIRC. If the Rangers can't resign Yu, I think they make a deal for Grienke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad