OT: MLB 2022 Discussion

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Despite being down their top two pitchers, the Mets keep winning. It's a completely different (winning) attitude on this team. Unlike the Islanders who play with no heart. In most of the Isles games last season, they looked like they didn't want to be there. I'm happy about the Mets and Jets moving in the right direction, but VERY sad the Islanders have taken a step backward and, at best, will be idling right where they're at.
Yeah man. Buck hasn't lost the room.....3 P down if we count McGill who was doing well

I agree that Isles may be idling. I like what Sabres are doing. I think they may meet in the standings. Playoffs no guarantee no matter what moves Lou does or doesn't make

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Mets getting 6 wins in a row against NL East foes is huge before their gauntlet west coast road trip + the Brewers.

4 at LAD
3 at SD
3 at LAA
3 vs MIL

Anything close to .500 over those 16 games would be fantastic.

lafellaesobar

Jun 10, 2022
well it was fun for the mets to have the NLE in june. Now we're gonna lose it by next week because the braves and phillies will never lose again

Reactions: Mike C

lafellaesobar

Jun 10, 2022
5-5 on the road trip. Considering injuries and competition, absolutely a success.

f*** the Bravos and Phils, come and take it bitches
Now the hard part is coming to a close!

Milwaukee, Miami, and Houston up next. We can finish the month strong. Just finish above .500

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
I guess Extra Innings is what I am looking for then. It'll be more expensive to get all the sports packages but everything else is insanely cheaper :)

I think the girlfriend and I are going to go without cable and stream everything. I feel like it will work out as long as I can watch my AEW every Wednesday through a TBS app or something. Everything else we pretty much watch on streaming services already anyway.

Thanks for letting me know!
Cable is for old people.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
5-5 on the road trip. Considering injuries and competition, absolutely a success.

f*** the Bravos and Phils, come and take it bitches
Mets have been a lot better than I thought in not completely draining their bullpen given the injuries. If Scherze/de Grom come back strong, I think the chances are really good. If not... Well, NYI are going to be trading away the future to patch holes. There's very little help on the pitching front in the org from what I can tell.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Haha, They might just!.....Lotta season left.

How do you like the 100 degree heat?

Supposed to be this way all week

Better than 20 degrees!

Now the hard part is coming to a close!

Milwaukee, Miami, and Houston up next. We can finish the month strong. Just finish above .500

Have to face Burnes (MIL) and Alcantara (MIA) which will be tough, need to capitalize on their other pitchers. Glad the Houston series is only 2 games. Keep fighting while we continue to get better news on deGrom and Scherzer.

Mets have been a lot better than I thought in not completely draining their bullpen given the injuries. If Scherze/de Grom come back strong, I think the chances are really good. If not... Well, NYI are going to be trading away the future to patch holes. There's very little help on the pitching front in the org from what I can tell.
Luckily they have a good month to figure out how good they really are and where the Cy Youngers are in their rehabs before they make any silly moves.
All in all, the season has been promising to say the least.

Reactions: Mike C

lafellaesobar

Jun 10, 2022
Better than 20 degrees!

Have to face Burnes (MIL) and Alcantara (MIA) which will be tough, need to capitalize on their other pitchers. Glad the Houston series is only 2 games. Keep fighting while we continue to get better news on deGrom and Scherzer.

Luckily they have a good month to figure out how good they really are and where the Cy Youngers are in their rehabs before they make any silly moves.
it's really just those teams for the rest of this month. The mets SHOULD be able to handle this with ease because this is the easier end of june, but I will never trust them. They gotta take advantage of the Marlins. You will go nowhere if you can't beat them.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Better than 20 degrees!

read Degrom is progressing to almost be ready to face live hitting. max might be ready before all star break. gotta keep table setters nimmo and marte healthy and Bassitt just has to be ok.

lafellaesobar

Jun 10, 2022
That was more stressful than it should've been. Megill, please come back asap, but this is now his second injury this season to his arm. I really worry about the long term consequences for someone who never threw that many innings before in his career.

Now comes the stretch of more pitching teams and houston. Take the Marlins 3/4, and go get a split against the Astros. I really just want Atlanta to lose once even if they are playing the lowly Cubs.

lafellaesobar

Jun 10, 2022
Indeed!

I think Jake threw to live hitters today. Have to double-check that one but I'm pretty sure
I really just despise the fact we lost Megill the MOMENT we start to see some progress. it's painful. Gotta keep trudging because June is almost over.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I really just despise the fact we lost Megill the MOMENT we start to see some progress. it's painful. Gotta keep trudging because June is almost over.
5.5 up. We knew the Braves would be there. Always are. Losing Albies hurts them but they have loaded farm to pull a deal if they want. I expect Atl to hang tough.

lafellaesobar

Jun 10, 2022
5.5 up. We knew the Braves would be there. Always are. Losing Albies hurts them but they have loaded farm to pull a deal if they want. I expect Atl to hang tough.
and we should start to see guys like Mazeika go away. dude's an automatic out everytime he comes to the plate now. Same for Plummer. I really wanna get at least Benintendi, another bullpen arm (Robertson from Chicago), and a real power hitter Dh like a Josh Bell.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
and we should start to see guys like Mazeika go away. dude's an automatic out everytime he comes to the plate now. Same for Plummer. I really wanna get at least Benintendi, another bullpen arm (Robertson from Chicago), and a real power hitter Dh like a Josh Bell.
Love Bell. Knows how to work a count and draw walks too. Solid ballplayer

I think McCann caught Max tonight. He should be back soon. Alvarez not terribly far away

Reactions: BrockLobster

lafellaesobar

Jun 10, 2022
Love Bell. Knows how to work a count and draw walks too. Solid ballplayer

I think McCann caught Max tonight. He should be back soon. Alvarez not terribly far away
Alvarez is at least a year away, but i want Mccann back now. I really miss him behind the plate so Nido isn't an everyday man and we don't see Mazeika at all. Seriously he sucks as a catcher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad