Value of: Mitch Marner

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Panarin is the only winger of the group, and he was a UFA when he got his contract. Marner was a RFA and he was signed to a 13.38% of the cap. It's an outlier, only Dubas was willing to pay. Marner is the 2nd highest paid winger in the NHL, ahead of Kucherov, Ovie, Stone, Pasta, Marchand, Kane and many more wingers that many would consider are better.
Yup. Times the contract was signed and which city they were signed in for taxes make the difference

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
They could get a guy like Weber, who's salary starts to drop next year, and even more after that, still reach the floor, NOT pay top end assets / picks, and still get a market face. AND not ruin their chance at a top 3 pick

And even if they end up making the playoffs, what help does Marner provide there? none
We can agree to disagree. All good....

CamelToews

Dec 16, 2015
Why does Ottawa need a shake up?!
They are trending in exactly the direction the team, the fans etc want them to be going.

As far as sending Tkachuk for Marner. ZERO CHANCE.
I personally am 100% opposed, and the org I have to believe would be as well. They have Brady as the glue guy, the soul, the blueprint etc for everything that is happening in Ottawa.
We aren’t going back to Sens of the early 2000’s of awesome regular seasons and then playoff failures. Thats now the Leafs domain :)
I belive my reply was in regards to his brother and the team he plays for...

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Marner ($10.9m 5yr)

for

Komarov ($3.0m 2yr)
Eberle ($5.5m 4yr)
Isles 2021 2nd

Considering the contracts it's not completely crazy.

Trotz whips Mitch into shape and Leafs get what they now need for the locker room (and Eberle as top 6 winger).

Leafs get a couple mil immediate cap relief, more in two years. Fix the goaltending, don't really see any other glaring roster shortcomings.

From the Isles viewpoint Marner is overpaid, that's why only a 2nd rd pick added.

It's a little bit nutty but not bernmeister insane. Anyway didn't want to start the 139th Marner trade thread today...

Oct 18, 2011
Anaheim has lots of caproom and financial flexibility and a major need for skill, what about a trade based around the number 3 pick with the idea that Toronto is trying to free up more money and can also add a good prospect

just an idea, i think Toronto should keep Marner

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
Would they even consider an offer from the habs?.

Marner is an absolute monster and I'm sure he will turn things around.

As a habs fan I would offer

2021 1st, Josh anderson , Jonathan Drouin , Jordan Harris, 2022 2nd.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
you'll see a lot of that, I think they believe it takes some of the heat off the McDavid sweep

Why do we need to take head off of McDavid ? Why not give Winnipeg credit for coming up with a game plan to shut down McDavid ? Why not give Montreal credit for shutting down Matthews and Marner ? I will repeat it . Tampa got sweep by the CBJ a few years ago and no one said shit . It happens with hot goalies in a short series .

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Marner ($10.9m 5yr)

for

Komarov ($3.0m 2yr)
Eberle ($5.5m 4yr)
Isles 2021 2nd

Considering the contracts it's not completely crazy.

Trotz whips Mitch into shape and Leafs get what they now need for the locker room (and Eberle as top 6 winger).

Leafs get a couple mil immediate cap relief, more in two years. Fix the goaltending, don't really see any other glaring roster shortcomings.

From the Isles viewpoint Marner is overpaid, that's why only a 2nd rd pick added.

It's a little bit nutty but not bernmeister insane. Anyway didn't want to start the 139th Marner trade thread today...

Please start a thread with this proposal

Reactions: Barnaby and Stubu

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Anaheim has lots of caproom and financial flexibility and a major need for skill, what about a trade based around the number 3 pick with the idea that Toronto is trying to free up more money and can also add a good prospect

Yeah this is the kind of team Toronto would target if they were really going to move him. New Jersey would also make sense. Teams that aren't in any cap trouble that need more talent would be very interested in the 4th leading scorer who just turned 24 and is locked up for a few years, the real money owed being less than the cap hit helps as well.

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020

I would rather keep the pick. Marner doesn’t really do anything for the ducks. If we were to trade it I’d prefer to trade for a center not a winger

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Is he really marketable right now? People in TO aren't exactly buying his jersey today
Oh please. A top 5 scorer like Marner is marketable. Leafs fans are angry now but I would say he's been any easy sell for endorsements and would do wonders in a small market. Kids love this player. That being said Mitch is staying in Toronto

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Oh please. A top 5 scorer like Marner is marketable. Leafs fans are angry now but I would say he's been any easy sell for endorsements and would do wonders in a small market. Kids love this player. That being said Mitch is staying in Toronto

Yup. Think leafs should keep him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad