Value of: Mitch Marner

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Yes as the young guys get older they will improve but how can you say they are a DMAN and a back up goalie away from being contenders. They barely mad the playoffs. Their overall team defence sucks. Although gardiner had a good offensive season he makes some really bad decisions. Hopefully rielly gets better. I would like to have a guy like shattenkirk but he really isn't needed (I heard his defence has really gone down) with rielly, gardiner and zaitsev having fine offensive years. Alzner I would like(but will get a big pay day). Don't see Anaheim letting go of fowler. Let them steadily get into the playoffs and past the first round before labelling them contenders on 2 - 3 years. They could take a step back like Colorado did.

On the backs of 7-9 rookies a night and defensemen who are just nearing their prime. In a year when no one expected them to be a playoff team.

Placid Perspicuity

Apr 19, 2016
The ironing is way to much in this post for me to actually take you serious :laugh: You are joking right? Please tell me you are joking.

I wouldn't pay much attention to him. This is a guy that claims Matthews is "trash defensively" and the "only reason Matthews is even playing center intstead of the wings is that he's not fast enough for zone entries."

I don't think he's trying to contribute anything worthwhile to this conversation. It's better to simply make use of the "ignore" button.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
On the backs of 7-9 rookies a night and defensemen who are just nearing their prime. In a year when no one expected them to be a playoff team.

I'm not disagreeing with that. That's why I'm saying I don't think they'll be cup contenders in 2-3 years. I think it'll take a little longer to be steady cup contenders. Not just make the playoffs. They could pull a Colorado and not make it this coming year.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I'm not disagreeing with that. That's why I'm saying I don't think they'll be cup contenders in 2-3 years. I think it'll take a little longer to be steady cup contenders. Not just make the playoffs. They could pull a Colorado and not make it this coming year.

or they could go the route of chicago, pittsburgh, TB, washington and pretty much every other team not named edmonton that got good on the backs of their young, talented, high draft picks?

every single one of these teams had a #1 or #2 pick leading the way, with another top 4 pick as well. sounds familiar no?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I'd offer Myers, Petan, and Brent Kichton for him. A complete second pairing + Marner lite in other words. Anything more would be an overpay.

this would be like the leafs offering Gardiner, Leipsic and Holl for Laine.
beyond brutal.

any offer from WPG would be Trouba+

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad