Proposal: Mitch Marner for young potential #1D

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
Marner would lead the sens in scoring, would have tied hoffman for most pts among forwards last year.
Karlsson would get the sens marner, nothing else. Ceci might get you Kapanen
Marner doesn't get us close to karlsson. The only way the sens trade him is if Eugene cheaps out when his contract is up. Which may happen. Worst owner in the league.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Where are the posters who claimed regression was "highly unlikely/impossible" or sophomore jinx was a myth for any of the three? :cool:

No really people need to relax, we're not more then a handful of games into the season.....relax people. Multi entire teams have started poor or scorching hot unexpectedly......small sample size. Never seen so many people from different fan bases jump to wild conclusions less then five games into the season. Chill out people

Marner will be fine, Leafs still have a chance of going 81-1 this year and LV will go undefeated this year. :naughty:

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Nylander is equal to marner in terms of value maybe even worth slightly more he has played pro C and excelled, so why do you think he would get lesser pieces like sanheim or myers?.

I understand you would keep proverov but nylander or marner cost proverov. Im happy to keep either as I assume you are to keep proverov

I understand there may need to be more to the trade than 1 for 1. Provo and Matthews are the true untouchables. The others I am sure the GMs could work out. And as I said I think the deal makes more sense in a year's time so value may change.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Trading Marner would be a lateral move as he is excellent offensively.

I just don't see the point really, the league has shifted and shown us that you CAN win without spectacular d and with great offense and we have that in Marner.

I also do feel as though he has Kane like upside (even better defensively already) and he is a hometown boy which is another huge plus.

I'm sure all the teams are happy to keep Provorov, Werenski, Ekblad, Parayko and Slavin and would tell us to f off anyways, but I'm not sure the Leafs would do it either. Not saying I would be hyperbolic and say "LMFAO NOT EVEN CLOSE, ADD 3 1sts AND MAYBE YOU GET MARNER'S COUSIN," it would be the politest of declines ever, but I just don't think it's as crazy as some seem to be suggesting in wanting to keep Marner over "potential" future #1 dmen.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Pretty easy answer here.

Can Mitch Marner fetch the type of #1 D the Leafs are looking for? From this thread, no.

So then they keep him, and play to their strength of offense rather than move him for a 2nd pairing D like a lot of the offers.

Win - Win.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
ugh, they're 3-1 and have badly outshot oppoenents every game. Can Leaf fans relaxe? Marner is going nowhere.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Excellent post. Couldnt agree more about the Blues and Jets fans going head over heels about their guys with absolutely no results. Now Parayko is the next Chara?? Yeah right :laugh:

No results? They've been one of the most successful teams over the past couple of years. You're a little child though so you have a memory of a goldfish and probably don't remember.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad