Speculation: Mitch Marner #14 - The Gentle Art of Making Enemies

Status
Not open for further replies.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Well I suppose nothing new but another thread on how greedy he is yawn. Strange how Leafs fans giving him so much flack but a free ride to others for producing less. He's a great player get him signed Dubas and move on as he's a core piece. It's crazy to think the home town superstar is the one that has not signed yet.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

member 300185

He can't sign right now even if both sides agree. Leafs don't have any money. The only way he can attend camp is if he pays his own insurance and he isn't going to do that. They have to wait until October 2nd to sign Mitch. Thats when the LTIR money will kick in. So don't expect anything for 3 more weeks.

Reactions: Jtown

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
He can't sign right now even if both sides agree. Leafs don't have any money. The only way he can attend camp is if he pays his own insurance and he isn't going to do that. They have to wait until October 2nd to sign Mitch. Thats when the LTIR money will kick in. So don't expect anything for 3 more weeks.
I am not certain that is fact as the Leafs are actively trying to sign him, but assuming that is the case, an agreement is fin ala Kappy and AJ is also fine for me.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Practically speaking it doesn’t make sense for him to stay in shape by playing for a European club because of the cost of insuring himself, is that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad