Miscellaneous NHL Talk 2017/18 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He's awful, isn't he? EVERYONE saw this coming from miles away, but his move to address the team's predicament was to trade PK Subban for Weber :laugh:

sidewayssm.png

I f***ing love that movie

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
To be fair, he did make the move for Drouin, but that's going to go down as one of those "too little too late" deals.

It was a good move value wise but the follow up to it was signing Alzner to a bloated contract. As trading Sergachev for Drouin was essentially robbing Peter to pay Paul type of move.

They have the slowest & worst puck moving defensive core in the league.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Great segment with Ken Dryden about his book on Steve Montador and head injuries. He said he spoke with ****ing Bettman - who he called "the singular decision-maker in hockey" for those of you who think the owners are the only ones who ever decide anything and want to absolve the gnome turd of the blame which he has earned a thousand times over - and gave him a copy of the book, and wrote it in a way that was sort of speaking directly to Bettman. He wants to try and get all hits to the head out of the game, but in the studio, LeBrun said he never got the sense that the majority of owners or even players are on board with this. It sounds like something (else) traumatic needs to happen before they will change their mind - because Lindros, Kariya, Montador et al weren't enough for them.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I guess he could if Bergevin goes. But there’s no way you fire him & not Bergevin. The latter fired the coach last year so that shouldn’t be available as a crutch. The roster is ultimately flawed & that’s on Bergevin. The center position sucks there & the defense despite a lot invested into isn’t very good either.

Price will get better as the seasons goes & help cover up the flaws but I don’t think the make the playoffs. Bergevin should be fired some point between now & the offseason to prevent further damage to the roster now & going forward.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I am not suggesting just firing Julien, They both could go. I dont like Julien. I want to smack that smug look off his face every time I see him on TV.
Price seems like he is doing all he can. Montoya did as well the other night. But when your D plays passive in your own end and are just letting guys gain the zone easily and guys are getting uncontested shots from dangerous areas(See the 3rd Kempe goal) there is only so much you can do.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Habs are nowhere near as awful as their record suggests. They could easily end up battling for third in atlantic with Ottawa and Boston.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Habs are nowhere near as awful as their record suggests. They could easily end up battling for third in atlantic with Ottawa and Boston.

I have been saying for about three years that something is wrong in that locker room - they just give off those vibes to me, and Patches in particular stinks of it, though I think Chucky has been reeking of it for a while, too. I have no idea what it is, but the pair of them could probably stand a trip down the Yellow Brick Road for a heart, brain and courage. I don't know how they would dole them out, but they need something.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I have been saying for about three years that something is wrong in that locker room - they just give off those vibes to me, and Patches in particular stinks of it, though I think Chucky has been reeking of it for a while, too. I have no idea what it is, but the pair of them could probably stand a trip down the Yellow Brick Road for a heart, brain and courage. I don't know how they would dole them out, but they need something.

They’re not last place bad but their roster still isn’t very good. There’s some glaring holes in it. This is lineup from last night’s game. Schlemko is the only player injured right now. He’s not a bad player but he’s not a savior. So their lineup is pretty close to being at full strength essentially.

Pacioretty - Drouin - Galchenyuk
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Hemsky
Byron - Danault - Shaw
Hudon - De La Rose - Gallagher

Mete - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Benn - Morrow

Price

Their centers & defense just aren’t very good. Drouin was playing on the wing in Tampa. Mete is a 5’9” 19 year old defensemen. He’s not playing bad right now but logic suggests that has real potential to blow up as the year goes. This is essentially patch work by Bergevin.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I highly doubt Patches would be named captain if he wasn't up for the job. The same way I don't think Toews is able to will a team to championship, or Thornton's "choking" is what caused Sharks goaltending to plummet come playoffs. But I get it people are emotionally invested and have feelings, vibes, premonitions, reads on body language and so on. I just don't buy any of that made up shit.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Leadership issues or not, this is one of the worst Habs rosters on paper in my lifetime.

This poor start is not unexpected. It is still a relatively weak Northeast division, so they could have a shot at the playoffs, but they are a dumpster fire.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Leadership issues or not, this is one of the worst Habs rosters on paper in my lifetime.

This poor start is not unexpected. It is still a relatively weak Northeast division, so they could have a shot at the playoffs, but they are a dumpster fire.

My favorite roster from this point of view is probably the one from 99/2000 when Rucinsky was their top scorer with 49 points

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
I highly doubt Patches would be named captain if he wasn't up for the job. The same way I don't think Toews is able to will a team to championship, or Thornton's "choking" is what caused Sharks goaltending to plummet come playoffs. But I get it people are emotionally invested and have feelings, vibes, premonitions, reads on body language and so on. I just don't buy any of that made up ****.
Agreed. They suck because they don't have many good players. The end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad