Miscellaneous NHL Talk 2017/18 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Hey, if the Habs want Galchenyuk for Morin or something, fine, but it doesn't have to be him. And I agree he's not Hextall's type.

Just call up Bergevin and see how eager he is to deepen the hole he is in. Prospects, picks, whatever. Desperation makes for wonderful trade partners.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Its more of Niemi being terrible than anything else

Teams are getting to Murray right now too. Pittsburgh’s bleeding goals against in general. Niemi is terrible though & it’s making matters worse. You know Murray & the guys in front of them will get it sorted out soon but Niemi is just terrible & has been for years now. It was a dumb signing from the start & I highly doubt he’s their backup come seasons end.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Hey, if the Habs want Galchenyuk for Morin or something, fine, but it doesn't have to be him. And I agree he's not Hextall's type.

Just call up Bergevin and see how eager he is to deepen the hole he is in. Prospects, picks, whatever. Desperation makes for wonderful trade partners.

But aside from Poehling, who would you want from them? Would you want Chucky here? I'd be interested to hear what you think of him - I just don't think I've ever seen him really play that well (not that I have watched all that carefully or anything).

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Teams are getting to Murray right now too. Pittsburgh’s bleeding goals against in general. Niemi is terrible though & it’s making matters worse. You know Murray & the guys in front of them will get it sorted out soon but Niemi is just terrible & has been for years now. It was a dumb signing from the start & I highly doubt he’s their backup come seasons end.

Do you have any idea how happy all of this makes me? It makes me happier than whatever (drugs) made Journey slap-happy enough to make this video:

giphy.gif

See this guy playing air keyboards? That's me, mentally. He looks like he's about to pounce on a ball of string.

journey-cropped.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
But aside from Poehling, who would you want from them? Would you want Chucky here? I'd be interested to hear what you think of him - I just don't think I've ever seen him really play that well (not that I have watched all that carefully or anything).

Yeah mostly Poehling lol.

I don't know more about him than anyone else, but Chucky's contract sucks. Montreal f***ed that up, and frankly it makes trading for him more suspect. There's no long term certainty. He is what he is: a scoring winger with his flaws. Somewhat like Schenn but probably better 5v5, and he still has some potential. Montreal loves dicking around with him, and if a team just put him in a scoring winger role with some 200ft guys (hey, we have those) in a fresh start, there's potential there. I'm sure his lefty shot would play well on our PP. I'm not advocating trading for him though because I can imagine the cost, and I don't think we need him, and he could impede other signings. And he's so not a quintessential Hexy player.

Peacekeeper

Sep 27, 2017
Yeah, when we're at the point of upgrading I wouldnt look at a player like Chucky. Dont like the contract, seems to be a risk with his personality, apparently doesn't play defense.. The time for upgrading is coming soon though so the incoming rumors will be interesting.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Yeah mostly Poehling lol.

I don't know more about him than anyone else, but Chucky's contract sucks. Montreal ****ed that up, and frankly it makes trading for him more suspect. There's no long term certainty. He is what he is: a scoring winger with his flaws. Somewhat like Schenn but probably better 5v5, and he still has some potential. Montreal loves dicking around with him, and if a team just put him in a scoring winger role with some 200ft guys (hey, we have those) in a fresh start, there's potential there. I'm sure his lefty shot would play well on our PP. I'm not advocating trading for him though because I can imagine the cost, and I don't think we need him, and he could impede other signings. And he's so not a quintessential Hexy player.

That's pretty much exactly the read I had on him as well.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Niemi is completely finished. No idea what the Penguins were thinking on that one. Between that and trading for Ryan Reaves, I just think they were trying to bump up the difficulty slider.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I figured they would of went with Jarry as a backup.
didnt know they had Casey DeSmith as well down in the AHL.

If they don’t make a trade I’d imagine that’s the end game. I figure going into the offseason they didn’t want to limit his usage by pigeonholing him into the NHL backup role with Murray getting the crease full time this year. So they started him out in the AHL to get more work in.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
If they don’t make a trade I’d imagine that’s the end game. I figure going into the offseason they didn’t want to limit his usage by pigeonholing him into the NHL backup role with Murray getting the crease full time this year. So they started him out in the AHL to get more work in.

Hopefully he falls flat on his face and stays there, on his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->