Miscellaneous NHL Talk 2017/18 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Tatar and Athanasiou goot some sweet deals, however it's still just delaying inevitable. Someone good will have to go to make cap space for all the veteran leadership they are on the hook for.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I doubt AA is there long term. Holland pays less now to pay more later with his RFA’s. The players will take that trade off as he bridges them to UFA before they turn 30 where they can really cash out either with him or someone else.

It’s another reason why Ken Holland isn’t fit for his job in 2017. He thinks a player needs to log a lot of service time in the NHL in order to receive a long term contract.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I doubt AA is there long term. Holland pays less now to pay more later with his RFA’s. The players will take that trade off as he bridges them to UFA before they turn 30 where they can really cash out either with him or someone else.

It’s another reason why Ken Holland isn’t fit for his job in 2017. He thinks a player needs to log a lot of service time in the NHL in order to receive a long term contract.

Certainly a fool's errand. I'd wager a good bit of money that most RFAs that are extended long term after their ELCs tend to be on good deals. Seems like their contracts are around 4-5 million for 6 years which you're not coming close to that when they are UFA anyways unless they suck.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Certainly a fool's errand. I'd wager a good bit of money that most RFAs that are extended long term after their ELCs tend to be on good deals. Seems like their contracts are around 4-5 million for 6 years which you're not coming close to that when they are UFA anyways unless they suck.

If you got a young guy who shows he can be a impact player you sign him long term early in today’s cap climate. A bridge deal only makes sense for depth caliber players where you can keep bridging them along as the situation dictates.

A guy like Hagg is an RFA this summer for example you’re just going to sign him to a short term/low money deal. As he’s not an impact player nor does he project to be. Point totals dictate contracts

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Pittsburgh’s bleeding goals against like crazy right now. Already down 2-0 to Florida & were not even at the halfway point of the first period. They got Niemi in net tomorrow on a back to back against Tampa Bay.

my keeper league team would greatly appreciate another Vaz shutout tomorrow
heard something interesting on Sirius radio NHL station. they were talking about fantasy hockey.
shooters are shooting 31 percent in shootout attempts this year.
league wide goaltenders have a collective save percentage of .903. 13 teams are actually under .900 for their goaltending tandem

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Loving how the Rangers are sucking...nice job thining out their center depth. They are going to struggle until they fill that void the trade of Stepan left them..idiots..lol

giphy.gif

Reactions: Legion of Gloom

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The Rangers needed to add youth with actual upside to their organization. They just bled too many picks & prospects over the years to where they needed to do something. Their team was good enough to make the playoffs but it wasn’t like they were a cup contender. So taking the hit now wasn’t the worst idea.

Lundqvist isn’t off to a hot start after a bad year last year. So he’s not covering up flaws like he used to.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Lundqvist isn’t off to a hot start after a bad year last year. So he’s not covering up flaws like he used to.

This is what drives me absolutely crazy - not him finally declining, thank almighty Baby Jesus, but the fact that these turd teams get these goalies that just last forever - Lundqvist, ****ing Brodeur. I can't actually stand it and I want them to go away. ****ing Brodeur finally did and I can't wait until Henke joins him.

Reactions: Rebels57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad