News Article: Mirtle: Maple Leafs Ownership Could Make Massive Changes if 'Really Disappointing First-Round Exit' Happens Again in the Playoffs

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Again, we have zero tangible info on what he's actually dealing with at the moment.

If he was easily broken he would have missed more than 2 games in 600 to injury.....

And we also don't know whose decision it was to keep him off the roster tonight. There's a big difference between a player refusing to play, and a player wanting to play but being told 'no'.

We don't have enough info to say what's actually happened
maybe he feels he's earned his money and its time to take the gas off the pedal? I cant think of any injury that suddenly creeps up the morning after to the point you cant play???

no thank you. that is not a leader.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
maybe he feels he's earned his money and its time to take the gas off the pedal? I cant think of any injury that suddenly creeps up the morning after to the point you cant play???

Being injured after a game is hardly uncommon....

I mean as mentioned earlier I don't think there's any firm conclusions can be drawn about this without any further actual information. Otherwise it's just letting imaginations get the better of us

Reactions: arso40

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
Will be interesting if Pelley gets to go full scorched earth if Shanny goes would Tre go even though he wasn’t given much of a chance. I guess so.

I throw a bag at Jimmy Rutherford to leave Van city as PoHO. He’s a lifelong leaf fan. He can find another young GM to play his puppet like he did with Alvin. And he won’t be shy to dump the core.

Reactions: rumman

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
It is and it isn't.

Look at the will and drive of those who win. The road to the cup is fraught with injuries and pain. Willy is a god damn leader of this team whether he likes it or not. His new contract demands it. To miss game 1 of the stanley cup playoffs on something minor is inexcusable.

If he is this easily broken, stay off the roster. We don't need you.
How do you know its minor?he's played with the flu for f*** sakes he's playing with minor injuries as well I know your anti willy but how about we talk about the players who actually played

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
I think we should all remember that the new guy in charge of MLSE is the same guy that made one of the worst deals in hockey history. He was part of the team that gave up over $5 billion for the Canadian hockey rights. A great deal for the NHL, for his company, Rogers, maybe not so much. He also had a hand in turning HNIC into the television show you see today. I have as much confidence in the management as I do in the team.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
To celebrate the exact same results for the 8th year in a row, here are some great movies I've seen with a time loop

Groundhog day - You all know it. The OG

Happy Death Day - A great horror spin to the idea where the hero needs to track a slasher killer. There's a sequel too if you liked this one.

Palm Springs - A cheeky Adam Sandberg movie that's mostly a comedy where he's reliving a destination wedding and actually doesn't want to leave his timeloop. Reminds me of fans who don't want to trade anyone 😜

The final girls - This one is a parody of Friday the 13th if I remember correctly where there's a bunch of teens at a cottage trip and there's a killer. It's a horror comedy that's decent

Time Crimes- This one isn't Hollywood but a really cool scifi thriller where he needs to try and escape the loop before he's killed. If I say anything more it's giving away the twists and turns you will not expect.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005

He likely played injured trying to reach 100 points

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
That change should be Marner. I'd like to see Keefe with a team who doesn't play favorites with a star. I can guarantee Keefe would be a better coach as a result.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
That change should be Marner. I'd like to see Keefe with a team who doesn't play favorites with a star. I can guarantee Keefe would be a better coach as a result.
He has to go.

There is no compelling reason to keep Keefe. He hasn't been able to lead this core to anything. Vancouver benefitted from a coaching change. We need the same.

With the Willy cap crunch next year, our team will be quite a bit worse. There is no way Keefe leads this team to anything.

New coach, new plan. Next year is a total wash. Goal is to make a team worthy of a good run after Tavares walks.

Reactions: OddyOh

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
He has to go.

There is no compelling reason to keep Keefe. He hasn't been able to lead this core to anything. Vancouver benefitted from a coaching change. We need the same.

With the Willy cap crunch next year, our team will be quite a bit worse. There is no way Keefe leads this team to anything.

New coach, new plan. Next year is a total wash. Goal is to make a team worthy of a good run after Tavares walks.

Vancouver has won 0 playoff games so far, if you are just talking about the regular season, Keefe is doing great.

I'm fine with a new coach just for a new look, but let's make sure it is a good one. We just went dumpster diving for a GM because it wasn't thought through, don't fire people just because.

I see someone like Berube brought up a lot who basically has Binnington to thank for any success he had and now has put together multiple terrible seasons. Those are the hires I hope we avoid just for the sake of change.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
move the team to houston and make a new toronto team with new ownership (legit)

As a joke, I'd love to give Utah our whole Leaf organization and try to intercept the Coyotes and start over. Just something fresh, different and different problems.

Reactions: HolyCrap

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
As a joke, I'd love to give Utah our whole Leaf organization and try to intercept the Coyotes and start over. Just something fresh, different and different problems.
Didn’t the leafs and oilers back in the 80’s almost trade a team for a team?

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I'm fine with a new coach just for a new look, but let's make sure it is a good one. We just went dumpster diving for a GM because it wasn't thought through, don't fire people just because.
agreed.
Keefe is the first one fired next Sunday after game 4. He is out.
Keefe is here until Tre finds his man.
In fairness, no one can coach this team to playoff success.

shaner82

Apr 18, 2017

You can't think of an injury that suddenly creeps up? How about every injury ever. Injuries usually happen suddenly. Hell, you can hurt yourself climbing out of bed in the morning.

Reactions: Menzinger

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
If we can’t beat Boston without Nylander then he’s not getting paid enough.
At the same time, if we can’t beat them without Nylander the other guys are getting paid too much.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
You can't think of an injury that suddenly creeps up? How about every injury ever. Injuries usually happen suddenly. Hell, you can hurt yourself climbing out of bed in the morning.
So he suddenly fell in his shower, it hurt so bad that he was bedridden for exactly 24 hours? Sounds legit bro. True competitor.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00