Miro Heiskanen vs Quinn Hughes vs Rasmus Dahlin?

Who would you want on your team?

• Miro Heiskanen

Votes: 113 31.0%
  • Quinn Hughes

Votes: 122 33.4%
  • Rasmus Dahlin

Votes: 130 35.6%

• Total voters

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Hughes for sure. He's a game breaking talent

Miro has not had a good start to this season. Not entirely his fault though, Stars powerplay did nothing for like the first 10 games, their defense sucks in general, and he's having to cater to Suter who doesn't want to play on his off-side. Seems Miro is always worse playing the right side over the left and yet they still force him to do it since Suter won't/can't. Suter shouldn't even be playing in the first place. As expected, Heiskanen is not as effective at either end playing RD. Forcing your best player to his backhand every time is just crazy to me. He played a lot of last season though like that too, so it's not the primary reason he hasn't been good this year but it doesn't help.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Hughes for sure. He's a game breaking talent

Miro has not had a good start to this season. Not entirely his fault though, Stars powerplay did nothing for like the first 10 games, their defense sucks in general, and he's having to cater to Suter who doesn't want to play on his off-side. Seems Miro is always worse playing the right side over the left and yet they still force him to do it since Suter won't/can't. Suter shouldn't even be playing in the first place. As expected, Heiskanen is not as effective at either end playing RD. Forcing your best player to his backhand every time is just crazy to me. He played a lot of last season though like that too, so it's not the primary reason he hasn't been good this year but it doesn't help.

I remember Suter complained in Minny that he didn’t like playing with a lefty in Brodin on the right side either. Seems like a bit of a bitch

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Right now Makar and Hughes seem to be in a tier of their own.

Funny how players can get better as they age and get more experience and figure out their craft.

The Sedins twins are a prime example of players they had 4 meh seasons to start their careers then turn into super stars.
Funny how much this also reminds me of Dahlin's last season while he was putting up points until December and everyone thought he is best Defenseman on the planet based on 20 or something games hot streak. Then after that he has done nothing special for almost year.

Not saying Hughes case is necessarily same but Canucks advanced stats are indicating that way

• Haha
Reactions: Rowlet

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Funny how much this also reminds me of Dahlin's last season while he was putting up points until December and everyone thought he is best Defenseman on the planet based on 20 or something games hot streak. Then after that he has done nothing special for almost year.

Not saying Hughes case is necessarily same but Canucks advanced stats are indicating that way
Dahlin is nearly a PPG with a relatively slow start and an abysmal PP. lol he’s been our best player this year.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Lmao false. Karlsson, McAvoy, Morrissey, Hedman, Makar, Hronek, Rielly.. are not relying on pp points
A lot of those guys are literally right next to him in points with around the same games or behind....also some play on teams where they are like 10+ points behind their leading scorer while Dahlin is 2nd and only after the latest game which Mitts had 3 points. Wish the Sabres could play some of the team the Canucks have while the Sabres have already had to face both NY teams twice and the Rangers used Shesterkin both times.

Like do you think Hronek is putting anything close playing for the Sabres? McAvoy has 14 points while Pasta has 31 not sure why he was even mentioned even if he has played less games.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Still Heiskanen for me. Guys like him show their value in the playoffs. Hughes will get his chance this year to show he can do the same, like Miro has already.

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010
Still Heiskanen for me. Guys like him show their value in the playoffs. Hughes will get his chance this year to show he can do the same, like Miro has already.
You mean other than the time he was already in the playoffs and had 16 points in 17 games?

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
This thread has been a hoot. So much mental gymnastics in here.

Hughes
Dahlin
Heiskanen

Heiskanen is overrated and will never come close to winning a Norris in his career.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Hughes continued to take big steps forward, he's really in the top tier of Defensemen.

The only person who you should take over him in all circumstances is Makar, assuming he doesn't continue regressing in future seasons.

Hughes has the most points and best possession stats for any defenseman in the league this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad