Miro Heiskanen vs Quinn Hughes vs Rasmus Dahlin?

Who would you want on your team?

• Miro Heiskanen

Votes: 113 31.0%
  • Quinn Hughes

Votes: 122 33.4%
  • Rasmus Dahlin

Votes: 130 35.6%

• Total voters

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Dahlin

And I guess it’s a toss up between Hughes and Heiskanen. I’d probably take Hughes then Heiskanen.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Would have taken Heiskanen going into the year but Dahlin has turned it up a notch where he left off in the second half last year, and looks like he’s about to start fulfilling his potential. I know it’s a smaller sample, but it’s not like he’s a no name player we haven’t seen the tools from before. I trust this is a legit turned corner. I think his edge offensively is bigger and more valuable at this point than Heiskanen’s edge defensively, and both are awesome in transition. Dahlin also brings a physical side that’s always nice to have among your top players.

Hughes is a clear last for me. I’m a Canucks fan, and he’s really good, and gets overly criticized on here at times. He’s in a tough situation with the blue line around him and the team defense, but he’s a transition wizard and really good offensively, and while he has his warts, I think he would look a lot better defensively on a proper team. Still, his size and strength continue to be hinderances to his in-zone defense that might never improve, and his lack of a shot prevents him from being in the top tier offensively among defenseman to make up for it. I think Heiskanen’s defensive play is more valuable, especially when he’s also so good in transition and no slouch offensively himself, even if not quite as creative (which we’ll finally see in the point totals this year away from Bowness and with regular PP1 time)

Last edited:

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I still trust Heiskanen just a little bit more, but Dahlin is definitely closing the gap, and he's probably the more "fun" player to watch.

Hughes is clearly trailing the pack here. He just isn't in the same conversation when it comes to all-around game.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Dahlin has arrived I believe and this is clearly him moving forward for myself. He's just the total package and think he's actually gonna get even better. Hughes and Heiskanen are fabulous players but Dahlin is just that good and having the size to go along with his skating he's a stud.

Reactions: Guy Tetreault

snu22fint

Jun 19, 2016
Dahlin has the highest potential and is also the best player right now. So its him by a small but clear margin imo. One year ago it would have been harder to pick. Almost impossible as it would have been:

Hughes - Best offensively
Heiskanen - Best defensively
Dahlin - Highest potential

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I mean if we were basing it solely off of this season so far, Dahlin.

However as it currently stands it’s Heiskanen for me.

Dahlin always had the highest ceiling to me. It's not just about this year (though it helps to finally see him do so good) - but Dahlin. I pick him #2 overall for defensemen after Makar going forward. And there's still even a chance he could outdo Makar long-term

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Dahlin always had the highest ceiling to me. It's not just about this year (though it helps to finally see him do so good) - but Dahlin. I pick him #2 overall for defensemen after Makar going forward. And there's still even a chance he could outdo Makar long-term
I mean the question wasn’t who had the highest ceiling as that was always Dahlin.

However Heiskanen has proven more up till this point. Will Dahlin pass him in my mind? Very possible. Just not big enough of a sample size for me yet.

So as of right now I would take Miro.

Reactions: bobholly39

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Heiskanen. Points say Dahlin but advanced stats compared to Miro's elite advanced stats(not sure how they are right now tho) and Dahlin's continuous brutal defensive errors say no thanks

• Haha
Reactions: start winnin

Crow

May 19, 2014
Heiskanen. Points say Dahlin but advanced stats compared to Miro's elite advanced stats(not sure how they are right now tho) and Dahlin's continuous brutal defensive errors say no thanks
So basically it used to be Miro. Fine with that. The rest of your post amounts to ‘Now, who knows? Not me.’

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
So basically it used to be Miro. Fine with that. The rest of your post amounts to ‘Now, who knows? Not me.’
True if you think this season's 25 games where I'm not aware of their advanced stats erase the history. Why don't they hand Devils the cup already? Matthews must be very average goalscorer.

Reactions: Crow

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
I still trust Heiskanen just a little bit more, but Dahlin is definitely closing the gap, and he's probably the more "fun" player to watch.

Hughes is clearly trailing the pack here. He just isn't in the same conversation when it comes to all-around game.
I would've disagreed based on last season. But this season has been eye opening. Not sure if there's an underlying injury or what but he's just not the same.

Dahlin
heiskenan
hughes

Signupnow

Oct 18, 2017
True if you think this season's 25 games where I'm not aware of their advanced stats erase the history. Why don't they hand Devils the cup already? Matthews must be very average goalscorer.
Perhaps you shouldn't come here and vote for something while you at the same time declare yourself uninformed and too lazy to look it up then?

Reactions: Crow

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Would have taken Heiskanen going into the year but Dahlin has turned it up a notch where he left off in the second half last year, and looks like he’s about to start fulfilling his potential. I know it’s a smaller sample, but it’s not like he’s a no name player we haven’t seen the tools from before. I trust this is a legit turned corner. I think his edge offensively is bigger and more valuable at this point than Heiskanen’s edge defensively, and both are awesome in transition. Dahlin also brings a physical side that’s always nice to have among your top players.

Hughes is a clear last for me. I’m a Canucks fan, and he’s really good, and gets overly criticized on here at times. He’s in a tough situation with the blue line around him and the team defense, but he’s a transition wizard and really good offensively, and while he has his warts, I think he would look a lot better defensively on a proper team. Still, his size and strength continue to be hinderances to his in-zone defense that might never improve, and his lack of a shot prevents him from being in the top tier offensively among defenseman to make up for it. I think Heiskanen’s defensive play is more valuable, especially when he’s also so good in transition and no slouch offensively himself, even if not quite as creative (which we’ll finally see in the point totals this year away from Bowness and with regular PP1 time)

Canuck fan that came here to say Dahlin then Heiskanen and Hughes for simliar reasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad