Minor League Thread 2017-18: Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I wouldn't be totally surprised if Jensen ended up signing with a European club. If they acquire any wingers in free agency I could absolutely see him bolting.

even without adding another winger there is no spot for him. assuming we add a center and leave miller on the wing. jensen could potential get the 4th line rw spot out of camp but only cause fast is hurt. as soon as fast returns he'd be out.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
even without adding another winger there is no spot for him. assuming we add a center and leave miller on the wing. jensen could potential get the 4th line rw spot out of camp but only cause fast is hurt. as soon as fast returns he'd be out.

Right, there's little room as it is and if they add depth/competition for him he may well bolt. He showed a lot in the WC and may very well be ready to carve out a nice professional career somewhere like Sweden, Finland or even the NLA.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Chris Summers played an integral role on the Pack last year and was one of their best defenseman on an absolute tire fire of a defense. He's a great veteran AHL dman.

I'm really happy with the two signings today at forward for the Pack. They've needed AAAA players for a while, and they got two damn good ones. Kampfer can be the veteran dman to replace Summers.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Agree that these are two good signings who should help develop the young forwards. I wonder if they bring back Matt Carey on an ahl contract. He had a decent year.

I found this story on SNY. https://www.sny.tv/rangers/news/the-official-list-of-ranger-ufas-and-rfas/239859578

According to this catanacci would have been qualified but paliotta was not. I think the issue with paliotta was a numbers game. Graves, Gilmore, Pedrie, Z, Day, Pionk/berglazov/D'Angelo with Kaempfer as a veteran didn't leave much room for Paliotta.

Chris Summers played an integral role on the Pack last year and was one of their best defenseman on an absolute tire fire of a defense. He's a great veteran AHL dman.

I'm really happy with the two signings today at forward for the Pack. They've needed AAAA players for a while, and they got two damn good ones. Kampfer can be the veteran dman to replace Summers.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Gilmour, Paliotta, Pedrie, Pionk, Graves, Kampfer could be Pack D. Am i missing anyone?

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Gilmour, Paliotta, Pedrie, Pionk, Graves, Kampfer could be Pack D. Am i missing anyone?

Depends on a few things. Do we trade Holden and will Klein retire? If so, I think you're close...but we still have to consider where Day & Zboro will be for next season.

If we don't trade Holden...then one of Bear Gloves or DeAngelo will also be in the A.

If Klein doesn't retire....well....I hope he retires.

P.S. - We made no offer to Paliotta. He's gone and trying to find a team as a UFA.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Hrivik signed in Calgary. Bodie went to Tampa. Summers to Pittsburgh.

250k guaranteed if he spends the season in the A. That's a 75k raise over last season's A salary with the Pack. Glad he's making some money. I'll be really happy if they give him a shot with the big club.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
250k guaranteed if he spends the season in the A. That's a 75k raise over last season's A salary with the Pack. Glad he's making some money. I'll be really happy if they give him a shot with the big club.

I'll be happy if he makes it, too. That said I'm a little surprised he didn't go to Europe. He must really be committed to making it in the NHL.

Also, with Carey and the other guy whose name I forget, they went a good ways towards addressing forward depth. Defense is going to be an adventure though.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Made a little twitter rant about Hartford, i'm quite excited with how it's looking. https://twitter.com/ManUtdTobbe/status/881490852224409601

How i would line it up right now (i expect the roster to change but still, it's fun), using my theory of splitting up the elite AHLers to help develop the kids:

Tambellini-Carey-Ronning
Gropp-Boo-Jensen
Schneider-Fontaine-Catenacci
Leedahl-Fogarty-Lettieri

I don't have Kovács in there because we don't know what's happening with him, i could see him be loaned back to AIK this season after what happened. Strömwall could take a spot, we'll see if we sign Carey or Joly, Chapie is there somewhere but i think he sucks.

on D:
Graves-Pionk
Day-Kampfer
Pedrie/Gilmour-Zborovskiy/Pedrie

Not too much depth here though, expect some AHL signings for depth/Greenville. Go Pedrie-Kampfer, Gilmour-Zborovskiy if Day isn't ready.

Sign a good starting goalie and this shouldn't be a train wreck of a team, i say shouldn't though.

Stack the scorers on the PP but split them up 5v5 to develop the kids.

Edit: To clarify, in this example it's an even top-9 and you give the elite AHLers a lot of extra time on special teams and maybe stack the lines late in the 3rd

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I like what you've done there. I would expect Schneider to get more minutes (he's the best scorer on the team ATM) though and doubt you'd see Ronning on the top line to start. His status for this year isn't clear; while I think he ends up in Hartford he could also end up back in the Dub. He has no ELC and would need that or an AHL deal.

There's just too much on defense. Graves, Kampfer, Pionk and I would say Pedrie are givens. Probably Gilmour, too. If Clark is saying even half-seriously that Day could push for an NHL spot this year you have to think he's there. That's six. That leaves Zborovoskiy. I guess you rotate them around. Gilmour was abhorrent last season so maybe he even goes to the ECHL. This also assumes that both DeAngelo and Bereglazov are with the big club, which isn't a given with Staal and Holden still present.

The Rangers probably should flip one or two of these young defensemen in a deal for something else. Clear the log jam. I'm not really comfortable with Kampfer as the only legitimate veteran defenseman down there. They really should have at least two.

I guess it's a good problem to have.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
In my hypothetical this is an even top-9, not a 1st, 2nd and 3rd line and you give the elite scorers (Schneider, Jensen and Carey) a lot of ice time on special teams to bring their TOI up.

I just really like the thought of mixing the elite scorers in with the younger players to give everyone a good chance to develop.

Maybe you make one top line with 2 of the scorers and one of the younger kids and then spread the talent behind, but i like my way better :)

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
NYR? slim to none to start, if we get LD injuries and he plays well for Hartford then he can definitely get a call up though.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Graves stood a good chance to make it before the most recent signings. If we didn't sign Smith or Shattenkirk, I think he probably starts in the NHL, but now, I really doubt it. As things currently stand, I don't even see the room for both DeAngelo and Bereglazov. I think things will be cleared up eventually, but right now, there is not room for both.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think this is probably the team. Needs a starting goalie, otherwise, fine. Might be a little light on top 4 defense, but if you are going to give your prospects minutes and get another top 4 defenseman, Gilmour and Pedrie gotta go.

Tambellini-Carey-Schneider
Gropp-Nieves-Catenacci
Kovacs-Lettieri-Stromwall
Leedahl-Fogarty-Fontaine
Chapie

Graves-Kampfer
Gilmour-Zborovskiy
Day-Pionk
Pedrie-Kotyk

Halverson
Nell

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
I see Kampfer in NY as the cheap 7th who has no issues sitting in the press box. DeAngelo and Berglazov need to play top minutes in the AHL.

Also wouldn't be surprised if Gilmour slips down to the ECHL given his brutal year last year, unless he outshines everyone in camp. Graves, Day and Pionk need to be in the AHL... that's already 5 spots taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad