Minor League Thread 2017-18: Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
According to Elite Prospects Michael Paliotta signed an AHL contract with the Toronto Marlies. A little surprised he couldn't get an NHL contract.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Seems like it might not be a vet, looking pretty likely that we're signing Alexander Georgiev, the young goalie we had at dev camp, been solid in Liiga.

News broke yesterday that he's signing with an NHL team, he was at our dev camp and we have a spot open so seems likely it's us.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Seems like it might not be a vet, looking pretty likely that we're signing Alexander Georgiev, the young goalie we had at dev camp, been solid in Liiga.

News broke yesterday that he's signing with an NHL team, he was at our dev camp and we have a spot open so seems likely it's us.

Just saw that on twitter... (http://www.eliteprospects.com/t.php?id=314893)... intruiging what he can do in the AHL/ECHL, not quite the "Mike McKenna" or "Dov Grumet Morris" signing I anticipated though.

NYR/HFD need two goalies for Greenville of the ECHL too...

Do you know who else is on board besides Halverson and Wall? Malcolm, Skapski, Hellberg are out.. am I missing anyone?

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
A couple of minor items of interest from Gerry Conlon at Howlings.com. http://www.howlings.net/2017/07/14/...ge-and-rangers-fleshing-out-roster-and-staff/

1. Rangers have identified new coach for defenseman and are finalizing a contract.
2. Hartford signee Dan DeSalvo played for new coach Keith McCambridge in Manitoba two years ago and pushed for signing DeSalvo.
3. Matt Carey, who is not a brother to Paul Carey, will not be coming back.
4. Hartford may be talking to Jeff Malcolm.

I would note that last year Hartford signed 7 players. They have signed two to date, defensemen Kotyk and Dan DeSalvo. We know they have offered a contract to Michael Joly. If he signs we still should see a few more forwards, one more defenseman and a goalie signing in the next six weeks.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
According to the Cap Friendly website David catenacci resigns with the Rangers fit $650k. Hartford now projects to have 4 veteran forwards next year.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
More evidence that Rangers looking at Georgiev as having a chance to be the lead goalie in Hartford:

Ryan Kennedy Retweeted

Roman Solovyov @croulmane
·
1h

Georgiev on signing with #Rangers: dreamed about NHL. It's planned that I would start in AHL, where I need to become the first goalie.

And thanks to Jimmy Bones for correcting my mistake with Daniel Catenacci's first name.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
So thus far the AHL additions include: Dan DeSalvo, Daniel Catenacci, Paul Carey, and Cole Schneider.
Returning: Tambelini (I hope he goes back to wing), Kovacs, Fogarty, Stromwall, Chapie, maybe Nieves but he likely sticks with NHL team based on hole at C, maybe Puempel.
Forward Rookies (some will go to ECHL): Lettieri, Gropp, Leedhal, G.Fontaine

Returning D: Graves, Kampfer, Gilmour
Rookie D: big D Brendan Kotyk, Pion, Pedrie, Zborovskiy, maybe Day.

Goalies: Nell, Halverson, & Georgiev.

It's an interesting turnover of the roster, not sure how competitive but I think D can play more up tempo. Missing proven AHL scoring but if Puempel gets sent down, someone like Tambo, Gropp or even Kovacs puts it together it might be ok with the AHL vets signed. Hoping they bring Joly back in. Surely some other AHL vets will be brought in around training camp too, but those guys usually just fill out the roster. The goalies scare me though, Nell and Halverson should probably start in ECHL and Georgiev is also unproven. Bad goaltending really made things that much worse last year.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
So thus far the AHL additions include: Dan DeSalvo, Daniel Catenacci, Paul Carey, and Cole Schneider.
Returning: Tambelini (I hope he goes back to wing), Kovacs, Fogarty, Stromwall, Chapie, maybe Nieves but he likely sticks with NHL team based on hole at C, maybe Puempel.

just for accuracy,
Catenacchi is a return, ~20 HWP games after trade for Bodie

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
More evidence that Rangers looking at Georgiev as having a chance to be the lead goalie in Hartford:

Ryan Kennedy Retweeted

Roman Solovyov @croulmane
·
1h

Georgiev on signing with #Rangers: dreamed about NHL. It's planned that I would start in AHL, where I need to become the first goalie.

And thanks to Jimmy Bones for correcting my mistake with Daniel Catenacci's first name.

:laugh: I love it!!

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Good list.

I would just add two points:

1. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Andersson and/or Chytil playing in Hartford. It looks like the Rangers will give them both a chance to play in Traverse City and the pre season camp and make a decision on where they play based on those performances. Signing them to entry level contracts now gives the Rangers that flexibility.

2. You can expect a few more Hartford signings. Hartford signed 7 players last year. Only 2 signed so far with a contract offer out to Michael Joly who said he would be back if he didn't get an NHL offer.

It's an interesting turnover of the roster, not sure how competitive but I think D can play more up tempo. Missing proven AHL scoring but if Puempel gets sent down, someone like Tambo, Gropp or even Kovacs puts it together it might be ok with the AHL vets signed. Hoping they bring Joly back in. Surely some other AHL vets will be brought in around training camp too, but those guys usually just fill out the roster. The goalies scare me though, Nell and Halverson should probably start in ECHL and Georgiev is also unproven. Bad goaltending really made things that much worse last year.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Very uninspired signing, atleast on paper he looks like a pure AHL goon, hopefully he stays in Greenville for most of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad