Minor League Thread 2017-18: Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I don't think Andersson plays AHL, he's got a contract with Frölunda who are very very good at developing youth, he'll either make NHL or play in SHL.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I don't think Andersson plays AHL, he's got a contract with Fr�lunda who are very very good at developing youth, he'll either make NHL or play in SHL.

I wouldn't hate it if he plays in the SHL again, but playing in the AHL always makes you feel like they are one step closer to being ready. It's no guarantee but he has an edge playing in the SHL already.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Very much like the idea of letting the European kids (especially the non-overagers) stay overseas in order to have a chance to be "the guy" on their teams. I feel like that's a key step in developing real offensive talent. If the player immediately comes in to the NHL to play on the 3rd/4th line without the chance to first drive the attack on his developmental team, you run the risk of having his offensive potential never blossom.

Trou Trou Train

This is an Express train to Penn Station!
Aug 28, 2008
Long Island, NY
They just released the roster for the development camp and don't see Vladimir Tkachev on the roster. I'm really curious as to why he is missing. Would be upsetting if he decided against coming at the last second.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Where did you see that?

Nowhere. He was supposed to be coming to development camp but now he's not on the roster so who knows. The idea was though that if he was coming to our camp we might look to sign him. Not clear what the deal is with him now though.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
id rather they develop in their own leagues for now...too soon..no need to rush it. but lets see how they look in camp..if they look great, give them a few games with the big club, then send them back.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Nowhere. He was supposed to be coming to development camp but now he's not on the roster so who knows. The idea was though that if he was coming to our camp we might look to sign him. Not clear what the deal is with him now though.
I read it's visa issues. Read that on one of the HF boasted fwiw

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Carp reported last night that Tkachyov couldn't come due to visa issues. Kalinin reported this morning that he terminated his contract with Admiral in order to sign a new one.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Paliotta story gets odder yet - no listing of him at rangers.nhl.com,
not on team or system roster,
pirri, clendenning, glass, hellberg, b.smith, donnay, skapski, catenacci, still listed
[Beck, Brown, Hughes, Summers NOT listed anymore]

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/roster
https://www.nhl.com/rangers/team/rangers-in-the-system

It would just be so strange to give up on him after one season. Right handed, no major weaknesses in his game, passed both the eye test and the metrics test last season. The only knock on him was that he got banged up, but that's not really his fault. I know we'll have a lot of young defensemen in Hartford this year but you still need at least a few guys that know the ropes.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't know much about Blue Line Station, John Williams or where they get their news, but the latest news I found was this:

"About a week ago, the New York Rangers tendered qualifying offers to Mika Zibanejad, Jesper Fast, Nicklas Jensen, Michael Paliotta and Troy Donnay, which means they are still considered restricted free agents. The other restricted free agents–Adam Clendening, Mackenzie Skapski and Brandon Pirri–were not tendered, making them unrestricted free agents."

https://bluelinestation.com/2017/06/28/new-york-rangers-rumors-free-agents-targets-yakupov/

So, I don't know. Qualifying Donnay would be almost as odd as not qualifying Paliotta.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
... Qualifying Donnay would be almost as odd as not qualifying Paliotta.

we've qualified worse, Donnay is still only 23,
and from watching the box scores he seemed to be more involved as season went on in Greenville

but in a year when we are adding
Dangelo, Bereglazov, Pionk, Day, Zboro, Pedrie, Crawford and Kotyk(AHL)
to Graves, Kampfer, Gilmour ?Paliotta?,
an NHL deal for Donnay seems a luxury or a waste

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Newsday confirmed that both Donnay and Paliotta were NOT given qualifying offers. Become UFA's. Still unknown on Taylor Beck....

i saw what Zip wrote
for now, in my mind, the continuing absence of 2d source confirmation leaves room for doubt,
as does CapFriendly's non-confirm

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah different places have reported different things, different places have different guys listed on the roster (like NYR page having Skapski and Donnay in the system but no Paliotta), etc. I just don't know right now.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Taylor Beck signed in the KHL. https://www.sny.tv/rangers/news/taylor-beck-signs-in-the-khl/236159576
Doubt they qualified him.

well they did qualify Carl Klingberg when he went to KHL as RFA, (and Zucc, recall he rejoined NYR without needing waivers)
still have his rights

the official Expansion Draft list, as published in Boston Herlad, even included him as available to Vegas from NYR
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/bruins/2017/06/nhl_expansion_draft_available_players_list

there was an European article midseason where he talked of returning to NHL and mentioned NYR as the option, i cannot find that article tonigtht

Last edited:

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
well they did qualify Carl Klingberg when he went to KHL as RFA, (and Zucc, recall he rejoined NYR without needing waivers)
still have his rights

the official Expansion Draft list, as published in Boston Herlad, even included him as available to Vegas from NYR
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/bruins/2017/06/nhl_expansion_draft_available_players_list

there was an European article midseason where he talked of returning to NHL and mentioned NYR as the option, i cannot find that article tonigtht

He had to be on the exposure list. Technically he was under contract with the Rangers at the time.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
He had to be on the exposure list. Technically he was under contract with the Rangers at the time.

agrred, that was just fleshing out content,

to my response to your post about Beck,
reminding that there is precedent for NYR to QO Beck even as a defected player

in fact, there is not much downside,
he doesnt count as a contract while 'defected'
and they retain his rights should he want to return

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I wouldn't be totally surprised if Jensen ended up signing with a European club. If they acquire any wingers in free agency I could absolutely see him bolting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad