Minor League Thread 2017-18: Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
i sort disgaree about the D, only because with Kampfer, Paliotta, Graves there already, want to have ice time for Pionk, Gilmour, Pedrie, Zbo, Day, maybe sometimes Bereglazov

but you gotta wonder if this leads to bringing back Summers, Keith gave hime tons of icetime last season

Kampfer will likely be the 7th D for NYR.

You might be right though, maybe we don't have enough slots with all the FA's and junior guys coming in to get another D-man.
Would be nice to add a really good D-man though but not at the expense of the kids so it's a tough thing to balance.

Summer should be back, he was solid last season and he seems like a good leader honestly. He's the kind of guy that can slot in further down the lineup too.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Kampfer will likely be the 7th D for NYR.

You might be right though, maybe we don't have enough slots with all the FA's and junior guys coming in to get another D-man.
Would be nice to add a really good D-man though but not at the expense of the kids so it's a tough thing to balance.

Summer should be back, he was solid last season and he seems like a good leader honestly. He's the kind of guy that can slot in further down the lineup too.

Please no. And having seen 60+ Pack games, Paliotta can be back on an AHL deal, not NHL deal.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
As brutal as it sounds, Scotty Bowman wouldn't have done better than Kenny G last year with the garbage NY left in Hartford... worst of all, not since Kris Newbury (Peace be upon him lol) has the organisation brought in a AAAA Vet. Summer at $300K AHL is a effing joke, no matter how good his interview skills are... he can't even hold the jocks of formeres Lawrence Nycholat, Connor Allen or even Danny Syvret.

This team needs a MAJOR overhaul and influx of skilled youth. Kovacs (2G 10A in 72 games) and Stromwall (2G 4A in 44 games) should get one more chance, but I wouldn't be surprised if either or both go home by Xmas.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
That's not good, he's an elite AHL scorer, Hartford could really have used him, could have pushed for a roster slot in NYR aswell.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
He probably didn't want to play in the AHL anymore, and he really doesn't have a spot on the Rangers. He'd make more money in the KHL anyway.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Nah, i know... Now Hartford has to replace their 2 best players while also trying to improve from being the worst team in the league.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
The Pack will probably continue to be bad but I think the goal will hopefully be to show better development and team structure than they have recently. If you're bad because you lack talent but are well coached and at least go out and play competitive games, that's a big step up from bad because of no talent and sloppy poor play all over the ice.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Yikes, Hartford's projected leading scorer gone, Jensen may also sign to the KHL

Next season might not be a good one for the pack either haha

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
I believe that is correct. Here is the definition of "Reserve List" from the CBA:

"Reserve List" means the list of all Players to whom a Club has rights including all Unsigned Draft Choices, all Players signed to an SPC (whether or not currently playing in the NHL), and all Players who have signed an SPC but who have subsequently been returned to Juniors.

Since Beck is signed to a standard player contract (SPC) that gives the Rangers rights to him as a restricted free agent I believe if they make a qualifying offer the Rangers retain his rights but probably only for as long as he would remain an RFA. In Beck's case, while I haven't checked I am guessing it is one year.

So if they QO Beck (Jensen ... ) rights retained as w Klingberg?

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
2 years ago the Rangers were one of four teams trying to sign BU goalie Matt O'Connor. He signed with Ottawa and spent two mediocre years for the Binghamton Senators.

According to Bruce Garrioch the Senators have decided not to qualify O'Connor making him a free agent. Bruce Garrioch‏Verified account
@SunGarrioch
Follow
More
The #Sens have informed goalie Matt O'Connor he won't be qualified.

The Rangers will be looking for a veteran goalie to replace Helberg. Might they double back on O'Connor?

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
O'Connor has been awful since turning pro and i doubt he's even an AHL calibre goalie, but if Allaire likes him then sign him, i trust in Allaire.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Hartford is going to be filled with A LOT of youth next year.

Andersson I can see playing in the AHL next season if he gets out of his contract (I believe they said he could on TV?), i'd prefer if Chytil stayed overseas for another season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad