Minor League Thread 2017-18: Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
I don't know the exact mechanism in place to allow that to happen, but we have a scenario pretty much every year where one of our guys plays for someone other than Greenville. Two years ago we had Sam Noreau play for both Evansville and Norfolk. I don't specifically remember anyone last year, but there was probably someone.

Buffalo Sabres just sent Matt Moulson to the LA Kings AHL team in Ontario, California... guess affilations are not exclusive down the NHL-AHL-ECHL line...

Ontario Reign Receive Veteran Forward Matt Moulson on Loan from Buffalo

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Buffalo Sabres just sent Matt Moulson to the LA Kings AHL team in Ontario, California... guess affilations are not exclusive down the NHL-AHL-ECHL line...

Hmm, weird. I know it happens fairly often with ECHL teams but I rarely see it with AHL teams. At least, we don't usually (ever?) do it at the AHL level.

I know in the ECHL it happens a lot with goalies, given that there are only so many spots for them on the team. Non-affiliate teams are willing to take on a guy if it helps them. Like Adirondack has two guys who have put up worse numbers in the ECHL than Nell did in the AHL, so he may be an upgrade for them. And at the same time Greenville has Halverson who I guess NYR still value to some degree and Rimmer, who has done sorta-okay-I-guess considering how Greenville plays no D. So, they really didn't need Nell.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site

I think it has to do with giving the vets a better quality of life out in Cali than riding the pines during the winter in the Northeast. TOR did it with Fehr.

They know those guys are cooked, but are probably trying to make it easier for them to finish out the contracts.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Hartford is currently up 5-1 vs WBS.

Gilmour has 2G, Gropp has an assist, Kosmachuk has 1G 2A, Fogarty with 2A, Holland with 2A (5 game point streak), Fontaine with a goal, and Graves with one goal.

Roughly halfway through the second period. Wolf Pack have converted on both power plays.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Fontaine gets his second of the night. Gilmour with the assist. DeAngelo picks up a goal too (Holland w/ the assist, making it 3A for the night).

Currently 7-3 HFD with just over 10 minutes remaining in the third period. Mazanec has saved 29/32.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
The Wolf Pack have really upped their offensive game since Holland came aboard. Really helps to have an elite AHLer on the roster.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
When Zibs gets healthy, I'd like to see Carey sent down as well. He's another good AHL guy that the team could use

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Carey and Holland are very similar players. Both are AAAA guys
I think Holland is a bit better, given that he's three years younger than Carey and has 200 more NHL games. They're both fringe guys but I would say Carey is even more on the fringes than Holland.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Gropp is starting to produce. 1 point in his first 15 games, 8 points in his last 11 games (counting the goal tonight), with at least 1 point in 7 of those 11 games. That's a good sign.
Helps when the addition of Hollands shifted the lines around and gave him an linemate not named Selleck.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Gropp is starting to produce. 1 point in his first 15 games, 8 points in his last 11 games (counting the goal tonight), with at least 1 point in 7 of those 11 games. That's a good sign.

He's still a ways away but it is good to see him start to produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad