Minor League Thread 2017-18: Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Absolutely Beacon. I've seen AHL games where the first period was perfect--the Canadian national team couldn't have done better. Then, 6,7, 8...11 goals scored in the 2nd, along with fights and stupid penalties.

You can see two or three different games all in one and the ticket

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Mazanec shouldn't need a whole lot of time to get into form--he's played a lot games in North America since he was drafted.

If Neil doesn't continue to play well tonight, I could see Mazanec getting the start tomorrow. With the way the schedule is in the AHL, it's certainly possible for the Wolfpack to carry three goalies and see how it shakes out.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Mazanec shouldn't need a whole lot of time to get into form--he's played a lot games in North America since he was drafted.

If Neil doesn't continue to play well tonight, I could see Mazanec getting the start tomorrow. With the way the schedule is in the AHL, it's certainly possible for the Wolfpack to carry three goalies and see how it shakes out.
Agreed. Could be useful for the 3-game weekends.

Also, It's "Nell" not "Neil" :P

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Going to OT. Holland has both goals on 4 SOG.

ADA has an assist and 5 SOG. Tambo with an A and 4 SOG. Fontaine has 3(!!!) SOG. Lettieri with 2 SOG.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
ADA got the secondary PP assist on Lettieri's first goal. Lettieri also assisted on Leedahl's goal. That's 18 in 26 for Lettieri now. Bodes well for a NHL future

Reactions: eco's bones

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
ADA got the secondary PP assist on Lettieri's first goal. Lettieri also assisted on Leedahl's goal. That's 18 in 26 for Lettieri now. Bodes well for a NHL future

When I first looked at it Lettieri didn't have an assist--so that was added on. It's a good start--outshot Springfield 17-3.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Unless i'm reading something wrong i'm pretty sure Fogarty just scored 3v5... Someone watching? How does that happen? :D

And with only a few ticks left on the 2nd period clock. How's it happen?--someone either made one hell of of play for the Wolfpack and/or someone really f***ed up for the Falcons.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Lets keep in mind that Springfield is the worst team in the league and Mazanec allowed 3 goals on like 20 shots. But to be fair, after facing 3 shots in the first half of the game i dont really blame him for being a little out of it.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't know the exact mechanism in place to allow that to happen, but we have a scenario pretty much every year where one of our guys plays for someone other than Greenville. Two years ago we had Sam Noreau play for both Evansville and Norfolk. I don't specifically remember anyone last year, but there was probably someone.

Reactions: Osminator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad