Minor League Thread 2017-18: Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
the younger players are also stepping up and while playing lower in the lineup too, Fontaine, Gropp, Leedahl, DeAngelo

DeAngelo is 2 g, 6 a in last 8 games
Gropp has 6 g, 2a in his last 10 games, mainly cashing in on pp
Fontaine has 4 g in his last 10 games, mostly 4th line minutes
Leedahl has 1 g, 3 a in his first 8 games since called up, also mainly 4th line minutes

Caleb Herbert just signed to AHL tryout had the opening 1 g and 1 a on the 4th line, was tearing up echl, but he could be figuring it out to stay up there. The team needed another right shot RW in addition to Lettieri.

Holland was a great addition too

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Seems to me that the people actually watching Gilmour play--the coaching staff--see significant improvement; I doubt McCambridge would say he's among the top 20 defensemen in the AHL just to flatter him.
Gilmour's a 7th round pick--he's still improving even at the ripe old age of 24. I don't see why he should be written off. Even if he just becomes a fill-in or a reliable call-up at the NHL level, this has been a good signing by the Rangers.

Was he drafted by another team? Why do I think we got him as a college UFA? I probably mistake him with someone else.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Gilmour with the goal. He really is heating up. 5+12=17 in 25 games now.

Was he written off too soon?

Definitely, it is very problematic to write off a D due to the outcome of isolated defensive plays. It’s basically not the same sport playing for a coach like Gernander compared to a coach (and league) where you are allowed to move the puck. Playing defense is also to such a large extent a team effort. Last season for him was a mix of not getting any confidence since he wasn’t allowed to play to his strength, having issues defensively and playing for the worst team in the league.

Sure playing better defense is a challenge for Gilmour. Producing offensively is also not a given, the kid isn’t a great PPQB, like not as defined as say a Pionk or TDA. But he plays the game really really fast, that is his strength.

I’ve liked Gilmour from day one. I am not at all sold on that he will play in NY or if he makes it to the NHL, for us or someone else, that he will become more than an Hunwick type. But he shouldn’t be written off.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
The Holland trade continues to pay off. Gorton really helped the Wolf Pack with this trade. Super savvy move.

Helped settle the roster and seemingly has sparked the offense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Osminator

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What do our specialty units look like? Does anyone know?

Sorry I'm asking so many questions here, last year I watched a lot more of Hartford. I haven't gotten to watch a game yet this season, so I have little clue what's going down on the farm.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
6-0-1-2 in their last nine to crawl back into ninth in the East. They'll cool off and hit a rough spot eventually, but this team might push for a playoff spot and either way is miles ahead of last season. The kids are good, the vets are doing well and McCambridge seems to be doing well. Good stuff. And good start for Drury.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Peter Holland and Marek Mazanec have stabilised this team, as well as permanently scratching Selleck (although he scored his first goal/point of the year vs. P Bruins last night)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad